DRAFT DAY! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAFT DAY!

A great draft for us! Cotchin was a monty but to get Rance at 18 is such an unexpected bonus! :clap

Putt at 51 along with another ruckman PSD1 and another KPP with Rookie Draft #1 and things are looking promising.

momentai said:
Happened to mention pick 19 to Frank on Tuesday night at the draft night. He said nothing but he his eyes went straight to the ceiling.
He has had a great day with Cotchin and Putt but they really wanted Selwood, and but for some madness from Terry, would have had him.

Just goes to show Terry should stay the hell away from Recruiting.

So all the Mortons are on Melbourne.

I agree with everyone that Selwood would of been great.

We will forever track his progress as well as the actual Pick19 Callan Ward but in all honesty im prepared to give Mcmahon the benefit of the doubt at this point. whinging and complaining isnt gonna change anything. We all know what we should of done but lets give the powers the benefit of the doubt.... FOR NOW >:D

Adelaide surprised me by taking Rodney Dangerfield, as he wants to stay at school and finish VCE.

What's the Adelaide school system like anyway?

The_General said:
Adelaide surprised me by taking Rodney Dangerfield, as he wants to stay at school and finish VCE.

Pretty much the same as everywhere else in the country, only we call it the SACE not the VCE.

my comparisons are :

Rance / Morton
Cotchin / Murphy

If Cotch ends up being a ball magnet type like Mark Murphy i'll be in a daydream.

Rance well we were never gonna get the valued Morton and Cotchin but we got the next best IMHO and at 18 :eek:

PSD looks great. time to do some homework on the possible PSD picks.

The_General said:

I really can't understand why they didn't go with Ebert I wonder was it a matter of speed. And didn't someone say Dangerfield interviewed poorly at draft camp.

great draft for richmond

cotchin we all knew is quality, rance is the big-bodied KPP we needed and putt is a very athletic ruck with good skills - like scoop said i would have taken this crop before the draft in a heartbeat

add m morton also who is another good talent, mcmahon still massive questions marks imo

psd to come and also another 4 rookies so we should get a few more decent players hopefully

My other tips for players of the furure were :

Jack Steven, Dangerfield and the Whitecross kid but we were never going to get them with our picks. Maybe Dangerfield at 18 but he was gone anyway by pick18.

I will follow their futures closely.

Great day for the club. Great pick ups and congratulations to the three new recruits.

The most impressive thing for me however was when Mileer was interviewed afterwards he mentioned that the club is starting to address it's weaknesses. He specifically mentioned our tall players as an area for concern. Looks as though the mighty midgets we all assumed was going to happen (ala the bulldogs) might not actually be the plan after all.

Sounds like we done pretty well out of this draft. I'm just looking forward to following the kids development next year....We're slowly waking up to what the RFC needs to get back to where the club actually belongs. Bring it on!!

rensman said:
i reckon he's a dead ringer of cogs in that photo on rfc site! classic

Hughes or Gogs it's more eye candy for the females :hihi

Everyone's happy!