Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
I'd hate Dusty too if I was a Geelomg supporter. Look at the phYsical and psychological damage he's done to them.
Prick Dangerfield being prime Exhibit #1. Out with a minor hamstring strain and a badly bruised ego at the thought of facing Dusty, Cotch and the Meatball on the charge again. He knew what was coming!

Every time the cameras switched to him in the box the agony was clearly showing.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Never I thought I would see a game now where he kicks 4, Cotch kicks 3 and Jack 2.

It ain’t going to happen every week but I think they realise that this is their last chance together and they won’t go away without a fight.

Dusty is building his season though - I can see him tearing a few more games this year.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Nothing new in this - but I still just love it how after each goal he scores - he immediately turns inwards towards his team mates and away from the boundary.

Dusty’s priority is sharing and celebrating and acknowledging the team effort (unlike for example that tosser Isaac Smith who ran to the boundary and fist pumped the crowd - and also other Geelong tossers in games like PF19. For them it’s always “me me me”)

Another memory of last night was when KMac attempted a long pass down to Dusty (members side PRE) and it was spoiled at the last second. Dusty made a point of signalling upfield to KMac to acknowledge the effort.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
The big thing I noticed with dusty this week was the depth of his kicking

He is really kicking it with great power , first time I have seen it this year .

50 m set shot went way over the fence .

Really starting to build into a strong season.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Led the game for scoring, the team for score involvements, and was equal second with Jack Graham for pressure acts. Might have a future, this bloke.
Do you think he could be Robin to Samson Ryan's Batman?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He's been building for a few weeks now. Get excited Dusty fans - there's more to the Dusty saga to come I reckon.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
In every interview he does EVERY time he praises a player he talks about them as a person, not a footballer.

What about 200 gamer Dion Prestia? "Yeah he's just a great person and i'm really happy we could do it for him tonight."
Good point to notice!

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He's been building for a few weeks now. Get excited Dusty fans - there's more to the Dusty saga to come I reckon.
Yep. Reckon he's up to about 90% Dustyness at the moment, not quite sure he'll attain that last few % though as old age might be creeping up on him. But 90% Dustyness is still fairly awesome in my book.

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
In the loosest possible definition of interview.
Ha ha - totally agree

He looks so uncomfortable - and merely regurgitates elite talking points

Better to not do the interviews at all (if he doesn't want to). Not sure why he was there in the first place noting the more polished Cotch was more than capable

Balta post match was quite good.

Foxtel/Ch7 should focus on interesting personalities (to interview) rather than trot out talking point mannequins.

Reactions: 1 user

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
In every interview he does EVERY time he praises a player he talks about them as a person, not a footballer.

What about 200 gamer Dion Prestia? "Yeah he's just a great person and i'm really happy we could do it for him tonight."
It's commendable - but it's taught....................

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Almost dragged us over the line. Back in form.

However again we failed to use him at centre bounces often enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I know we shouldn’t give it any oxygen, but Tom “flog” Morris raised the Dusty to the Suns idea again. He claimed Gold Coast brought it up during the trade period last year and we said no.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I know we shouldn’t give it any oxygen, but Tom “flog” Morris raised the Dusty to the Suns idea again. He claimed Gold Coast brought it up during the trade period last year and we said no.
Heard it too, however as it's Duz's last season, if he wants to go and we get 1st round picks, I'll take it.

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
They did say that Dusty wants to live in either Sydney or the Gold Coast at some point, maybe post footy. He said that Richmond would never instigate the trade but if Dusty wants to go the Gold Coast would offer a top 10 pick provided we paid some of his 1.2 million contract next season.

If Dusty does want out getting a top 10 pick would soften the blow somewhat.