Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’d be funny if Dusty had a second career as a forward. Snag a Coleman or 2.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
It’d be funny if Dusty had a second career as a forward. Snag a Coleman or 2.
Well if that was to happen @tigertim .. Surely they'd have to strike a new medal.....

The "DUSTY".... a medal featuring Dusty's dial in the centre with little cameos of Charlie, Normie, Johnny and Gary. ....
Inaugural recipient D.Martin!

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
There were enough "supporters" on PRE who agreed with KB and wanted Dusty lynched.

True
Carolyn Wilson was another to want him hung drawn and quartered - right from the start - and based all on the most sketchy hearsay “evidence” that was basically debunked in good time.
And just fwiw I’m generally a big CW fan

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Have been thinking this for a while. I think this year we are gonna see some really really special football from Dustin. As we have noted, he looks in awe inspiring nick. Also, he is a true leader now, and has grown into his role immensely well. Then there is Pickett. Pickett is a special talent (may have left his run too late to truly capitalise), and I can see Dusty doing everything in his power to make sure Pickett fulfils his destiny. Finally, this move to a even more permanent forward role will suit him to a tee. Third string defenders, look out.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Not that I'm aware of and if he did it certainly wasn't accepted at the time.

I believe a request to join Bartlett in some media promotion was firmly rejected not long after.

He did carry on like a *smile* about it at the time, that's for sure. Knob. As were a few on here who wanted to hang him with no evidence.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Or Kevin Bartlett who wanted him suspended for 12 months and fined 50k, as well as suggesting he is a perpetrator of violence against women, despite there being not one scrap of evidence to support that nonsense.

Old scone head Koshi had a shot at him and said the club should ban him for 12 months or was it delist him?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I didn't think it was possible that he could get better, but I'm seeing signs it might be. Only exhibition and practice match I know, but just looks super relaxed, sharp and confident. A couple of those kicks into the fwd line yesterday for example, were unbelievable, even more than normal.

Reactions: 1 user

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Looking like going to another level this year. Looks hungry. Doing a lot of defensive stuff too which has me excited for 2020.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Or Kevin Bartlett who wanted him suspended for 12 months and fined 50k, as well as suggesting he is a perpetrator of violence against women, despite there being not one scrap of evidence to support that nonsense.

KB lost me with that BS, was pathetic carry on.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'd rather he get another Normie.... fair chance we've snagged the flag if that happens! ;)

He'd be the first player ever to win the Norm Smith 3 times. Seems fitting for the GOAT

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I was talking to the old man the other day about what Dusty needs to do to be

The Greatest Tiger (hence player) ever?

'not much' said dad, who watched all the greats - Bartlett, Bourke, Hart, Richardson and on his dads knee for Titus and Dyer

'one more flag, norm smith or brownlow?' I probed

'yeah, that'd do it. preferably a flag. if he wins another norm smith, he's the greatest player ever to play.' goes dad.

Its hard for me to imagine Dusty not achieving more of these things.

he could win a Coleman in his twilight FFS.

and then I talk to my sons, who agree and grasp completely, about what an incredible privilege for our mob,

all us mob, to live through this time,

and watch Dusty become, the best there has ever been.

It makes me cry little tears of joy.

Reactions: 5 users