Early Openers... Week 2 Finals. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Early Openers... Week 2 Finals.

Brisbane were the most complete package from the first week of finals and are clear favorites in my view. Just need to overcome their MCG hoodoo once to get the job done.

Reactions: 1 users
$8.30 service and handling fee ... despite purchasing a ticket online. Get f****d Ticketek you thieving c***s.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
$8.30 service and handling fee ... despite purchasing a ticket online. Get f****d Ticketek you thieving c***s.
Yeah it used to be around $2 for years and they did an OK job, now its nudging $10 and the process is *smile*. I hate them, its corrupt, a rort, a kickback.

Most finals series there is at least one side that plays crap in week one then gets it together. There were a lot of average performances, Brisbane and to a lesser extent the Giants the only decent performances. One or more of the rest should lift.

Melbournes should have won, fwd line was poor and the missed a lot of gettable goals, improve on either and it should be enough. But Carlton could also lift now they have a finals win under the belt, and they have a forward line.

The motivation to not crash in straight sets will be strong for Port, and if they play well at home that should be enough, but GWS can win it, pretty clinical win over St K.

Think the two teams that lost , tend to win their next game, BUT….

I would love nothing else for both Melbourne and Port Adelaide to go out in straight sets.

Would have a smirk 😏 and a pep in my step to see them out, BUT …

I give Carlton and GWS a big chance.

I got one wrong first week of the finals.

That means nothing.

Waiting’s view
———————-

First Carlton semi-final in Melbourne since the 2001 SF versus Richmond. Hoping for a more attractive game than that day!

Reactions: 1 user
And you’d want a different result.
Agreed. Was a putrid game of footy made worse by the result.

And hoping no ACL injury either. Felt sick when Kouta went down. The end of his era for good as the best player in the comp. He'd also done a knee a touch over a year prior!

I’ll be reckoning it’s Port at home and the Dees against Carlton.

I'm sticking with my original prediction of a Collingwood v Melbourne GF.

We know Melbourne's forward line problems, but they only just lost last Thursday. In fact, they would have won that game 95 times out of 100. And Carlton only just beat a team that only made the finals due to a goal umpire error. They tightened up really badly in the last quarter and may have lost had the game gone a few more minutes.

I really, really, really want the Giants to beat Port. But I would suggest St Kilda were impacted by what happened to Tim Membrey (assuming the rumours are true), which made the Giants win look better than it was. Port flogged the Giants at home a month ago, so its hard to see how they can turn it around.
What are the Membrey rumours?

Think the two teams that lost , tend to win their next game, BUT….

I would love nothing else for both Melbourne and Port Adelaide to go out in straight sets.

Would have a smirk 😏 and a pep in my step to see them out, BUT …

I give Carlton and GWS a big chance.

I got one wrong first week of the finals.

That means nothing.

Waiting’s view
———————-
In the years since the bye came in only about half the time have both QF losers bounced back. Used to be a lot more likely before that.

Most finals series there is at least one side that plays crap in week one then gets it together. There were a lot of average performances, Brisbane and to a lesser extent the Giants the only decent performances. One or more of the rest should lift.

Melbournes should have won, fwd line was poor and the missed a lot of gettable goals, improve on either and it should be enough. But Carlton could also lift now they have a finals win under the belt, and they have a forward line.

The motivation to not crash in straight sets will be strong for Port, and if they play well at home that should be enough, but GWS can win it, pretty clinical win over St K.

yes we played crap in 2020 giving away all those 50 m penalties to the lions - it didn’t stop us winning the next 3 though :cupgold

In the years since the bye came in only about half the time have both QF losers bounced back. Used to be a lot more likely before that.
In the seven seasons since the bye was introduced, only twice have both QF losers bounced back, 2017 and 2020.

In the 16 seasons before it (where the system has otherwise been the same), both QF losers bounced back 12 times. In 2001, 2007 and 2015, only one did. In 2014, neither did.

Reactions: 3 users
In the seven seasons since the bye was introduced, only twice have both QF losers bounced back, 2017 and 2020.

In the 16 seasons before it (where the system has otherwise been the same), both QF losers bounced back 12 times. In 2001, 2007 and 2015, only one did. In 2014, neither did.
even more pronounced difference.

Reporting Gawn has a broken toe.

When it happened who knows.

Oliver knee soreness.

Grundy “the player they don’t want in “ set to play I reckon. Desperate stakes.

Reporting Gawn has a broken toe.

When it happened who knows.

Oliver knee soreness.

Grundy “the player they don’t want in “ set to play I reckon. Desperate stakes.
Reminds me of Dusty’s leg injury before the ‘18 prelim. He definitely had it, but we never found out how or when. He was fine against the Hawks and hobbled against the Pies.

• Sad