Early Openers... Week 2 Finals. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Early Openers... Week 2 Finals.

"Well there's a big, big sound, from west of the town"

Giants have that intangible that premiership teams have - Everyone winning their position, all best players fit and finding players late in the year.

They also have the belief to win anywhere (won at 11 different venues already this year).

They'll show Port up to be the pretenders they are.
Start favourites for the flag next year imho

Speaking of finals , I see Greenberg ( writes crap imo) has named KB our best finals player , hard to argue with , though I do remember hearing in Dusty’s first 11 finals he’d been BOG in 9 , probably need some of the older generation such as @tigertim or @taztiger4 to make a call on the better finals player

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Speaking of finals , I see Greenberg ( writes crap imo) has named KB our best finals player , hard to argue with , though I do remember hearing in Dusty’s first 11 finals he’d been BOG in 9 , probably need some of the older generation such as @tigertim or @taztiger4 to make a call on the better finals player
When you say “older” I assume you mean “more knowledgeable”.

Still Dusty for me. KB had more finals longevity but Dusty was more dynamic.

Reactions: 1 users
Never ceases to amaze me how people compare the Victorian Football League with the Australian Football League.

Reactions: 1 user
Carlscum looked spent in the 4th qtr There was no run and they just defended pushing everyone back and just held on
IMO the Dees will beat them
Giants to beat Port theyll run them off their legs Hinkley to be replaced by Carr

Agree - Giants can win the flag

Like you say, all their stars red hot and all their bit players playing their bit.

Plus theyve got a big tough ruckman, a big fullforward with great mitts, the best CHB in the game,

A superstar in Toby Greene

And a ripper engine room.

Its all there. Strange that they are rank outsiders for the flag i reckon.
They might win this week, but history shows not many teams come from outside the top4 to win 4 finals in a row- only 1 in fact.
And I reckon each year one of the 1st week winners gets talked up as a chance.

Countering that is the fact the best teams are not as good some of the more recent premiership winners, in particular, 2017, 2019 and 2020, so the task is probably a little easier.

Carlton's first semi-final in Melbourne in 22 years tomorrow ... and I've come down with a cold.

Most on-brand thing for me, ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Carlton's first semi-final in Melbourne in 22 years tomorrow ... and I've come down with a cold.

Bad timing, Bagger.

Go and see Jack's Mum at The Warehouse!
Take some meds and then off to the G you go.
Sorted.

*smile** hell mate.

I went to our first semi final in 37 years after having my right leg amputated, I also had back surgery, appendicitis, a compound break of my left arm, an artificial eye implant, two stents, a quadruple bypass the week before and numerous bandaids on several fingers.
Did I let any of that stop me? Yes, cos I dint have a *smile* ticket.

*smile* soft *smile* blubaggers. Take some aspirin, swig a bottle of Bundaberg rum and trust me, you’ll make a miraculous recovery

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Definately Ezy.

As per AFL betting thread, when at 30/1 last week they were big overs once it was confirmed they were likely dodging a trip to Brisbane. Now have them for a massive result.

That quinella was a lovely 24/1 last week as well.

Won 11 of past 14. Only Carlton have a better record over that time. As mentioned before, they are also doing what all premiership teams do, find players stepping up into previous gaps in the team late in the year i.e. Himmelberg, Buckley, Idun Ash all back, Hogan, Daniels, Bedford forward and
Briggs in the ruck.

Here's some more numbers to tickle the taste buds:

View attachment 20487

View attachment 20488

Port did give them a touchup at home a month or so ago, but that will just let a very good coach in Kingsley understand the changes needed to win. That match is also the outlier in both sides form.

The real big prices have gone, but there's still some juice left to squeeze from the bookies.

Also GWS were missing Bedford and Daniels that day.

Also GWS were missing Bedford and Daniels that day.
Come on mann stop with this shiit
Bedford isn't the difference between winning and losing.
Before round 21 I didn't know who he was.
The Media have gone over board with this Bedford crap. He isn't the recruit of the year.
Hill is

Harden Up BB ffs .... get on it and get amongst it :))
I've actually woken up today not feeling too bad. The worst of it is over I think.

The good news is I'll most likely be going to the G now. The bad news is I won't be hardening up.

I've actually woken up today not feeling too bad. The worst of it is over I think.

The good news is I'll most likely be going to the G now. The bad news is I won't be hardening up.
Good work

Baggers are a big chance to go through to a PF tonight if they bring it.

(y)