English Premier League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

English Premier League threads [Merged]

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
marella jube said:
Derby v Leeds, back to the future....Go Rams!!!!!

May the best side win, the way Leeds have finished off the season i'm not very confident.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
tigerman said:
May the best side win, the way Leeds have finished off the season i'm not very confident.
Leeds are *smile*! Back to uninspiring mid-table finishes for the next decade and revolving door managers - after getting so close.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
TigerForce said:
Liverpool v Barca.......hmmm.....match fixing or am I being silly?

That 4th goal was a thing of genius. I don't know who's idea it was, but it was fantastic. Liverpool have got a great manager in Jurgen Klopp, ex manager of the mighty Yellow and Black, Borussia Dortmund.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hate Liverpool but Klopp has done great things with them. Looks like they'll just miss out on the title but that comeback over Barca was amazing.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
antman said:
Hate Liverpool but Klopp has done great things with them. Looks like they'll just miss out on the title but that comeback over Barca was amazing.

Nearly as good as Spurs’ against Ajax.

*smile* amazing games.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

tigerman said:
Didn't see the game, did Ajax change their shape after being 2-0 up at half time?

no, after the 2 quick goals to Moura they went back in their shell a bit and started turning over possession.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ian4 said:
COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

no, after the 2 quick goals to Moura they went back in their shell a bit and started turning over possession.

That second half hattrick to Moura in a CL semifinal to win the tie has to be considered one of the alltime great hattricks. And every goal was skill plus determination. Amazing.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
That second half hattrick to Moura in a CL semifinal to win the tie has to be considered one of the alltime great hattricks. And every goal was skill plus determination. Amazing.

good point. everyone is talking about the craziness of what eventuated in the last minute and barely talking about how Moura scored a hattrick in the second half of a UCL semi final to win it. Moura still had a lot of work to do to place that final shot past the keeper, and knowing it was probably the last play of the game. no doubt it'll be remembered the right way and go into UCL folklore

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ian4 said:
good point. everyone is talking about the craziness of what eventuated in the last minute and barely talking about how Moura scored a hattrick in the second half of a UCL semi final to win it. Moura still had a lot of work to do to place that final shot past the keeper, and knowing it was probably the last play of the game. no doubt it'll be remembered the right way and go into UCL folklore

yeah, the first goal showed great effort, shoulder to shoulder with two defenders but runs hard and finishes nicely past the keeper. The second one, the keeper loses it, he dribbles it back past about three defenders who kind of watch him then that great finish on the turn... defense wasn't great but still top determination and a neat finish. And the last at best a 50/50 ball but he just hits it giving the keep no chance.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Ian4 said:

Don’t worry, he’s getting the kudos he deserves here in the U.K.

And the third goal was more about Dele Alli's through ball to Moura. How he knew he was there is beyond me. Was genius.