Feminism | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Feminism

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I’ll clarify: a very grubby political stunt.

Scomo’s not a detective. It’s like calling the bank to say your electricity’s been disconnected.

“*smile* shitty banks. Always screwing people over!”
the lengths the woman went to for a political stunt are a bit extreme i think.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I’ll clarify: a very grubby political stunt.

Scomo’s not a detective. It’s like calling the bank to say your electricity’s been disconnected.

“*smile* shitty banks. Always screwing people over!”

Yeah, the biggest issue here is how the poor PM is getting s*** for not doing anything about the AG he chose for the job.

The issue is that there is a serious allegation against a minister and that is where the focus should be. The victim is the woman who has now died.

The other victim is the woman raped by the political staffer.

There are clearly issues with the way women are treated in and around parliament and all Scomo can do is deflect. It isn't about him, it is about the women who were attacked.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
the lengths the woman went to for a political stunt are a bit extreme i think.
Might've been better for her to keep it under her hat given her level of drunkenness. It will be difficult for her recollections to be treated credibly after security observed her on their rounds several times during the night in a state of "disarray".

It's a matter for police investigation and not for Scomo to volunteer an opinion on anyone's guilt or otherwise. Grubs, crawl back to your gardens.

I know even less about the other case except that the woman had mental health issues, her memory of the time was obviously flawed and that she perceived some sort of romantic future with the accused even after the alleged assault. Good luck unravelling what happened there.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Might've been better for her to keep it under her hat given her level of drunkenness. It will be difficult for her recollections to be treated credibly after security observed her on their rounds several times during the night in a state of "disarray".
You are not seriously suggesting that a woman who has been raped should keep it under her hat if she was drunk at the time are you?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
you know, wearing short skirts, getting drunk, talking to men... they really are just asking for it.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

It's a matter for police investigation and not for Scomo to volunteer an opinion on anyone's guilt or otherwise. Grubs, crawl back to your gardens.

I know even less about the other case except that the woman had mental health issues, her memory of the time was obviously flawed and that she perceived some sort of romantic future with the accused even after the alleged assault. Good luck unravelling what happened there.

I'll assume that this is a joke post.
If not it's the worst you've ever done & that takes some doing.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
But ScoMo is volunteering an opinion - in his opinion the story should be buried and the whole issue ignored.

Still, this is par for the course, ScoMo has less leadership qualities than my cat.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Porter may have committed these crimes (or not) but from what I’ve witnessed this week there will always be a vocal minority who will hang a man no matter whether there’s evidence or not & that’s wrong. Lot of anger out there that’s clouding logic.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I understand you left v right guys have an ongoing sideshow in this forum and there is a fair bit of theatre involved a lot of the time, but this is pretty ordinary stuff.

Any suggestion that a person should stay silent about a sexual assault because they were drunk is reprehensible Lee, and I'd urge you to reconsider the post. I very much doubt it is what you truly believe.
I said just a few posts back that women should be encouraged to go to the police.

But you need to have your facts straight. Serious accusations call for strong evidence. Waiting a couple of years, and being in a state of heavy intoxication, weaken the evidence.

Some of you are posting as though the sexual assaults definitely occurred and all that remains is to convict the men responsible. If you have information that should be in the hands of police, you'd better put up your hands. Did you learn nothing from the Pell frame-up?

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Some of you are posting as though the sexual assaults definitely occurred and all that remains is to convict the men responsible. If you have information that should be in the hands of police, you'd better put up your hands. Did you learn nothing from the Pell frame-up?

1. Pell wasn't framed and you know most don't believe he was you're just trolling.
2. The percentage of made up sexual assault reports is very small.
3. People want legal processes to occur the anger is over how the victims have been treated and marginalised and alleged perpetrators protected from a legal process even beginning.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Porter may have committed these crimes (or not) but from what I’ve witnessed this week there will always be a vocal minority who will hang a man no matter whether there’s evidence or not & that’s wrong. Lot of anger out there that’s clouding logic.
There will always be a vocal minority on any issue. what most people want is the opportunity for the evidence to be tested. the police cant because the victim is no longer alive, and Morrison and Porter appear to not be very interested in anyone looking at the evidence.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
1. Pell wasn't framed and you know most don't believe he was you're just trolling.
2. The percentage of made up sexual assault reports is very small.
1. If you look back at the appropriate thread, I said throughout that the evidence never sat right and to wait and see. Pell was ultimately cleared on appeal after serving time in jail that he shouldn't have. He was framed using dirty money from the Vatican.

2. Go for it, then. Put the bastards away.

There are as many bad women as bad men, it ain't gender-specific. How many blokes do you reckon are unknowingly raising another man's child?

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
But you need to have your facts straight. Serious accusations call for strong evidence.

at the risk of derailing this thread do the same rules apply to suspected terrorists?
because this government is pretty happy to punish them before their case has gone before a court.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
There are as many bad women as bad men, it ain't gender-specific. How many blokes do you reckon are unknowingly raising another man's child?
the men were probably drunk when they possibly conceived the child so they cant really complain.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There will always be a vocal minority on any issue. what most people want is the opportunity for the evidence to be tested. the police cant because the victim is no longer alive, and Morrison and Porter appear to not be very interested in anyone looking at the evidence.
Yes I have been following the news too. It’s a very unfortunate situation.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
3. People want legal processes to occur the anger is over how the victims have been treated and marginalised and alleged perpetrators protected from a legal process even beginning.
As I understand it the deceased woman declined to proceed with the police investigation. Talk about raising zombies...

Grubby as all *smile*.