Footy Classified | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified

Don't blame the players at all. They even penned a document for the admin to sign when they had doubts as to what was being injected at the time.

Its the Admin, led by Hird who is responsible.

I've lost any respect I had of him as a player over this whole saga. All I see is a self serving, arrogant man who thinks he's untouchable, and unfortunately after today's verdict that will remain the same.
People can say he was banned for a year, but he spent that fully paid, hardly justice for someone who denied blame for anything.

It wouldn't surprise me despite today's result if he continues to try legal action on his behalf.

I still think the players were wilfully ignorant until they feared they crossed the line they knew they were intentionally approaching.

They wanted a pharmacological advantage and accepted hundreds of injections of unusual substances... they're NOT victims or heroes like the media and Hird would have you believe.

The genesis of all this is the arrogance of Hird & Thompson.
They couldn't wait for all those players to develop muscles over 3 or 4 years in the gym so decided to to go the way of the needle.
Never feel sorry for the players.
They had an average of 1000 injections each, at any time they could of put a hand up and say no more.

The Tribunal has come down with a decision that says NOT GUILTY - the judges could not say beyond reasonable doubt that the Essendon Players were administered a banned substance.

Yet all posts on here are sentencing the Club and the Coach as if they are guilty.

THEY ARE NOT *smile* GUILTY. FACT

This verdict vindicates a lot of people's actions over the last 26 months, Hird's, the club and the players. But it fairly lambastes ASADA for their *smile*-poor handling of the matter and the Gillard Federal Government who 26 months ago tried to take the focus off the Carbon Tax debacle by creating a sensational sports-drug story - and dutifully the media led Australians followed.

For those of you who wish to boo Essendon players and coach, the club - all you are doing is show your inane ability to follow the crowd like lost sheep.

Accept the umpires decision and get on with supporting Richmond into the top 4 for this season (Which is quite possible - if we had a game breaker against quality opposition, I would say highly likely - but right now I do not see such a player in the Richmond team).

Accept the judicial ruling and lets get on and play footy.

RemoteTiger said:
The Tribunal has come down with a decision that says NOT GUILTY - the judges could not say beyond reasonable doubt that the Essendon Players were administered a banned substance.

Yet all posts on here are sentencing the Club and the Coach as if they are guilty.

THEY ARE NOT *smile*ING GUILTY. FACT

This verdict vindicates a lot of people's actions over the last 26 months, Hird's, the club and the players. But it fairly lambastes ASADA for their p!ss-poor handling of the matter and the Gillard Federal Government who 26 months ago tried to take the focus off the Carbon Tax debacle by creating a sensational sports-drug story - and dutifully the media led Australians followed.

For those of you who wish to boo Essendon players and coach, the club - all you are doing is show your inane ability to follow the crowd like lost sheep.

Accept the umpires decision and get on with supporting Richmond into the top 4 for this season (Which is quite possible - if we had a game breaker against quality opposition, I would say highly likely - but right now I do not see such a player in the Richmond team).

No.

RemoteTiger said:

This verdict vindicates a lot of people's actions over the last 26 months, Hird's, the club and the players. But it fairly lambastes ASADA for their p!ss-poor handling of the matter and the Gillard Federal Government who 26 months ago tried to take the focus off the Carbon Tax debacle by creating a sensational sports-drug story - and dutifully the media led Australians followed.

Well said RT. Too many been bleating too long about how "this is going to happen to Esssendon " and "wait til that happens to Essendon" and "get the popcorn" and now it hasnt they're still bleating.

RemoteTiger said:

wasnt the finding that they could not prove to an acceptable standard what the players took?

so the club injected players with unknown substances.
the players allowed themselves to be injected with unknown substances.
and the club (hird etc) at the very least allowed, or just as likely encouraged, the players to be injected with unknown substances.

i wrote on the other thread that part of me is glad it is (maybe) over, but im not sure they have really be cleared of anything or vindicated of much. they won the legal battle, that is about all.

Brodders17 said:
wasnt the finding that they could not prove to an acceptable standard what the players took?

so the club injected players with unknown substances.
the players allowed themselves to be injected with unknown substances.
and the club (hird etc) at the very least allowed, or just as likely encouraged, the players to be injected with unknown substances.

i wrote on the other thread that part of me is glad it is (maybe) over, but im not sure they have really be cleared of anything or vindicated of much. they won the legal battle, that is about all.

The "Legal Battle" you refer to is the very foundation of our society - without our legal system there would be anarchy.

This legal system is what we all must abide by. Some try to get around it - some try to buy their way through it. In the end most get caught.

Accept this legal decision or form a lynch mob and go hang the culprits - I know which society I prefer to live in.........

RemoteTiger said:
The "Legal Battle" you refer to is the very foundation of our society - without our legal system there would be anarchy.

This legal system is what we all must abide by. Some try to get around it - some try to buy their way through it. In the end most get caught.

Accept this legal decision or form a lynch mob and go hang the culprits - I know which society I prefer to live in.........

im not sure booing people is quite the equivalent of hanging people.

RemoteTiger said:

bang! Spot on again RT.

RemoteTiger said:

Total garbage.

The Law is an ever changing beast. It evolves to close loop holes so that it can not be exploited by those who will do anything to cheat it.

If your happy that Essondrugs where moral in their behaviour then I question your motivation. Ask yourself, is this good for sport or young men?

The findings where that essondrugs purchased ingredients for TB4 and it was compounded and delivered to dank! thats where the satisfaction ended. As no one could prove what dank did with essondrugs TB4.

In Tax law the burden of proof lies firmly with individuals to keep adequate receipts and records to prove innocence. However no such burden applies in this case!

each player received 1000's of injections. essondrugs have No records of what these where and are not being upfront as to what these young men where given. We have laws that need to be changed to ensure that systematic manipulation that allows cheats to get away with it and then parade themselves as victims is never allowed to happen again.

Don't forget that this even under the current system is not the final result. However the current system is seriously flawed if this can happen.

ninjahaha said:
each player received 1000's of injections. essondrugs have No records of what these where and are not being upfront as to what these young men where given. We have laws that need to be changed to ensure that systematic manipulation that allows cheats to get away with it and then parade themselves as victims is never allowed to happen again.

Don't forget that this even under the current system is not the final result. However the current system is seriously flawed if this can happen.

Let's see what happens in the long-term as far as side-effects go. Where's Ryder's concern in this?

RemoteTiger said:
This verdict vindicates a lot of people's actions over the last 26 months, Hird's, the club and the players.

With all due respect RT, as someone who isn't as hung up about this case as most the above is total garbage.

Leysy Days said:
With all due respect RT, as someone who isn't as hung up about this case as most the above is total garbage.
How does a not guilty not vindicate Hirds, Essendon and the players stance over the last 2 years?

Tigertough1974 said:
It wasnt not guilty, it was not enough evidence to be guilty... They destroyed the evidence, ridiculous decision on so many levels...
If there's not "enough evidence" of guilt it's ....not guilty.