Footy Classified | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Classified

Baloo said:
As a father of two boys, the biggest injustice here is that there are 34 young men who have been subjected to hundreds of injections and no one is prepared to tell them exactly what they were injected with.

For that fact alone the club needs to be taken to task in the toughest possible way.

Yep.

tigertim said:
Even Colingwood?
Yep, even them. That could be hard, though. I tried to support the Pies when they were playing Brisbane in a GF, because they were the Victorian side and I was watching the game at a mate's house, and his family are all Collingwood. I lasted a quarter.

tigertim said:
I said "their stance".

:headscratch How does a not proven verdict about the players vindicate Hird's and EFC's stance? Their stance is that they are innocent and the rest of us are vilifying them (Hird and Essendon).

tigertim said:
I said "their stance".
John Fahey's view of their 'stance':

"Essendon's behaviour though this was almost un-Australian," Fahey, who was WADA chief from 2007 to 2013, said.

"To effectively shoot the messenger, and prevent a proper examination of what everybody knows occurred – and everybody knows that what occurred was, to say the least, strange if not a breach of anti-doping rules.

"It is still extraordinarily strange that players could be given thousands of needles, off site.

"Every attempt was made to prevent an independent tribunal examining all the facts. That has cost literally millions of dollars and put the future sporting careers of many young footballers in jeopardy. It should have been dealt with long ago, and that is the tragedy of the whole case – that it wasn't allowed to proceed in a reasonable time to a proper conclusion.

"I can understand the players' relief. From the club's point of view, if they feel jubilant today then my advice is that they should re-read Ziggy Switkowski's report and then examine their own behaviour in this whole process. It has left a lot to be desired."

CarnTheTiges said:
Yep, even them. That could be hard, though. I tried to support the Pies when they were playing Brisbane in a GF, because they were the Victorian side and I was watching the game at a mate's house, and his family are all Collingwood. I lasted a quarter.
After what Essendrugs have managed to get away with I'd almost do laps of Vic park n Princes, Optus, Visy Whatever park naked if Colonwood n Carlscum could beat the druggies this year.
Only thing stopping me would be the fact that I don't want to frighten the neighbours or any little kiddies in the area.

bruntonave. said:
John Fahey's view of their 'stance':

"Essendon's behaviour though this was almost un-Australian," Fahey, who was WADA chief from 2007 to 2013, said.

"To effectively shoot the messenger, and prevent a proper examination of what everybody knows occurred – and everybody knows that what occurred was, to say the least, strange if not a breach of anti-doping rules.

"It is still extraordinarily strange that players could be given thousands of needles, off site.

"Every attempt was made to prevent an independent tribunal examining all the facts. That has cost literally millions of dollars and put the future sporting careers of many young footballers in jeopardy. It should have been dealt with long ago, and that is the tragedy of the whole case – that it wasn't allowed to proceed in a reasonable time to a proper conclusion.

"I can understand the players' relief. From the club's point of view, if they feel jubilant today then my advice is that they should re-read Ziggy Switkowski's report and then examine their own behaviour in this whole process. It has left a lot to be desired."
And that's the joy of a "stance" or opinion, different people see it differently.

YinnarTiger said:
:headscratch How does a not proven verdict about the players vindicate Hird's and EFC's stance? Their stance is that they are innocent and the rest of us are vilifying them (Hird and Essendon).
They weren't found guilty, they said they weren't guilty therefore they would feel vindicated. Not hard.

tigertim said:
they said they weren't guilty therefore they would feel vindicated. Not hard.

Who are the 'theys' that you refer to. I was talking about Hird and the EFC. The only one I know of who has publicly said they aren't guilty is the chief football writer of the Hun.

YinnarTiger said:
Who are the 'theys' that you refer to. I was talking about Hird and the EFC. The only one I know of who has publicly said they aren't guilty is the chief football writer of the Hun.
Rightio.......

tigertim said:
And that's the joy of a "stance" or opinion, different people see it differently.
No.
What EFC did, and how they reacted to the investigation, is not a matter of opinion.

bruntonave. said:
No.
What EFC did, and how they reacted to the investigation, is not a matter of opinion.
Well, as far as I know, in the opinion of the tribunal they weren't found guilty.

So TT...

Your satisfied that a club can give players thousands of injection's with no records and the caretakers of our game are prepared to let that meet their standards for no verdict?

tigertim said:
Well, as far as I know, in the opinion of the tribunal they weren't found guilty.

the players weren't found to be guilty.

i think the tribunal was pretty scathing of the club. (i may be confused there.)

The tribunal were deliberating on the 34 show cause notices the players freceived and one danks received. The tribunal was not in a position to find the club and officials guilty or not guilty. Despite it being outside of their remit, they took the time to rip into the club and its practices.

tigertim said:
Even Colingwood?
Every Anzac day, I used to root for the bummers, cos I hate the maggots so much, now I will just watch the game and hope its a nil all draw.

ninjahaha said:
So TT...

Your satisfied that a club can give players thousands of injection's with no records and the caretakers of our game are prepared to let that meet their standards for no verdict?
Is that what I said anywhere?

As Remote said, the tribunal came down with their verdict of "not guilty". I accept that's the verdict.

tigertim said:
So do Dank and all the others get their jobs back?

Does 'the weapon' give back his hush money and go back to work?

Does the injecting regime start up again?

Hird's 'stance' was so confident that he went to court, twice, trying have evidence suppressed.