Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Fox Footy's Ultimate Preview Tips Tonight

Lyon - Geelong
Brown - Geelong
Montagna - Geelong
King - Geelong
Reiwoldt - Tigers

Thank god King's tipped the Cats - he was wrong in 17 and 19 - this for the trifecta!
Even after 4 years they still cant quite comprehend how we play. Hopefully it still has the Cats confounded as well come Saturday.

Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fox Footy's Ultimate Preview Tips Tonight

Lyon - Geelong
Brown - Geelong
Montagna - Geelong
King - Geelong
Reiwoldt - Tigers

Thank god King's tipped the Cats - he was wrong in 17 and 19 - this for the trifecta!

They can't get their heads around how good we really are.
They have everything crossed, praying Geelong win.
But deep down they know who will win.

Reactions: 6 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
When you pick the opposition to win out of spite, you give away your true feelings. They all know Richmond will win.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The way it’s been covered so far I think that this will be quite a unique Grand Final in a number of ways. Chief among the innovations is the fact that only one team seems to be playing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The way it’s been covered so far I think that this will be quite a unique Grand Final in a number of ways. Chief among the innovations is the fact that only one team seems to be playing.

exactly its been one week of how you stop Dusty, is Riewodlt out of form, can Balta stop Hawkins, can Richmond handle the Gabba.
Lets slap these pricks back to Geelong.
They think they deserve this...

Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You specifically mentioned jb and me in your last post dude.

Anyway, I just can't get upset that Tim Lane is a Carlton supporter and resents us because of things that happened in the 70s. That's part of the fun of supporting and writing about football. If you want to write another 500 word dissertation on why this irks you feel free.
My comment on his 'principles' was simply an aside, meaning like most of us, he can be seen as principled some times, not others. It depends on the situation and the eye of the beholder. You must be mathematically challenged if you think any of my posts on this amount to anything like a 500 word dissertation.

End result: you listen to Timmy all you like. He needs the fans.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Even after 4 years they still cant quite comprehend how we play. Hopefully it still has the Cats confounded as well come Saturday.
When "the numbers man" has "who stops Dusty" as all he can come up with they clearly have no idea, as u say, still after 4 yrs now...

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Is that what they truly believe or what they wish will happen
Montagna hates us, something about Saints players from that era, Nick excepted, and since retiring his cousin has been into his ear the result being that he’s one of the very few media people that has some understanding of Richmond, and also gives us respect. Brown’s a meathead, he epitomises Malthouse’s comment that by and large footballers aren’t smart individuals. Lyon has this weird love hate relationship with Richmond. He wants Melbourne to be us, but he can’t figure out how we do what we do, so he tips against us. King simply has nfi, just look at his hindsight analysis of the game and his dreadful tipping record.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I like David King, he's reliable. You can set your watch to him.

Before every big game he describes how we'll lose, and afterwards he explains why we won.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Montagna hates us, something about Saints players from that era, Nick excepted, and since retiring his cousin has been into his ear the result being that he’s one of the very few media people that has some understanding of Richmond, and also gives us respect. Brown’s a meathead, he epitomises Malthouse’s comment that by and large footballers aren’t smart individuals. Lyon has this weird love hate relationship with Richmond. He wants Melbourne to be us, but he can’t figure out how we do what we do, so he tips against us. King simply has nfi, just look at his hindsight analysis of the game and his dreadful tipping record.
Apt comment. I'm almost starting to relish all this. The footy meeja have absolutely ordained us as underdogs which is in defiance of all the relevant, recent facts. That's just how we like it.

Aside from Dusty and perhaps Tom, we seem to be a team of virtually unsung nobodies, up against 3 unstoppable, superstar players in Gazza, Danger and Porkins, who are universally beloved across the AFL for being absolute champions ... apparently. But who must be really feeling like nobodies? The rest of Geelol players, who just hardly seem to matter.

I reckon a lot of our guys will be thinking that if the Moggs want to focus so much on Dusty, we will be set to take advantage. Players like Bolton, Edwards, Balta, Riewoldt et al who can make you pay if you want to under-rate them.
It is all heaping huge expectation and pressure on the Moggs too.

Nah. I love it. It looks as if it will keep ramping up till the game too. Hope some big names don't play the match before it starts.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
My comment on his 'principles' was simply an aside, meaning like most of us, he can be seen as principled some times, not others. It depends on the situation and the eye of the beholder. You must be mathematically challenged if you think any of my posts on this amount to anything like a 500 word dissertation.

End result: you listen to Timmy all you like. He needs the fans.

Haven't listened to 3AW since 1991 or thereabouts. Anyway, enjoy being perpetually outraged by a man you don't listen to. Or read, presumably. We all need hobbies in these troubling times.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Oh, here's a great article about Richmond's total domination and triumph over adversity in 2019 by the man. Read it, it might surprise you.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
I've noticed we're not getting much credit for our win against Port Adelaide. Seems they don't fully realise how hard of a game it was to win and what a war it was. Also there is a feeling that it was somewhat of a lucky win with Port missing opportunities to beat us. On the other hand Geelong are getting a lot of credit for thrashing Collingwood who may as well have not shown up they were so bad and Brisbane who were also pretty average.

They also don't seem to realise how many gun players we have because they sacrifice their personal stats for the good of the team. There's a reason other teams can't just copy our system and beat us. Our team is choc full of really damn good players.

Reactions: 14 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I've noticed we're not getting much credit for our win against Port Adelaide. Seems they don't fully realise how hard of a game it was to win and what a war it was. Also there is a feeling that it was somewhat of a lucky win with Port missing opportunities to beat us. On the other hand Geelong are getting a lot of credit for thrashing Collingwood who may as well have not shown up they were so bad and Brisbane who were also pretty average.

They also don't seem to realise how many gun players we have because they sacrifice their personal stats for the good of the team. There's a reason other teams can't just copy our system and beat us. Our team is choc full of really damn good players.
Spot on.
We have played finals style football 3 weeks straight, while Geelong got a useless Collingwood and a 2001 version of us with Brisbane.
We are the better team and we will prove it again

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
What's been forgotten this week and only picked up ny Ross Lyon and even Ratten 2 weeks ago both switched on footy people is that we a the leading team in the finals for clearances from the centre square and we did it against the 2 best sides in the league Saints and Power who a supreme in that area.All I'm hearing clash of 2 styles Chaos v buildup how wrong they are. Someone mentioned it tigers can win different ways to.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They just hate us
They envy us.
They want to be us.
They can accept it.
We win this we surpass the little kittens, we match the lions and just sit beind the hawks.
With enough time to go past them too.
Thats why they hate us....
Giddy up

Reactions: 2 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Barrett's sliding doors today anyone? What a joke. All you can say is, they need him, he don't need them. Ha.