Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watching 360 on delay.

Jordan Lewis calling out 'at least 4 players' exaggerating head contact with the ground to draw a free kick. And showed a video of someone collingwood no-name. *WELL DONE* They need to do this on a star too.

But at least it's getting some attention. Same thing happening with the sling.

I'm actually disgusted by the rules the AFL have set up. They created the incentive for this to happen and put no negative consequences to it. So stupid.
I think it was BT in todays game highlighted Murphy for Collingwood doing it and also mentioning how when some players when they’re tackled and they know they’re safe then throw their head to the ground. But the afl will bring in a rule to combat this…..

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I think it was BT in todays game highlighted Murphy for Collingwood doing it and also mentioning how when some players when they’re tackled and they know they’re safe then throw their head to the ground. But the afl will bring in a rule to combat this…..

They already have a rule. Fines and suspensions for faking for free kicks. Just need to apply it.

Reactions: 3 users

Disco Soars

Tiger Cub
May 8, 2023
Reading this article, I couldn't remember whether Damien Barrett rated us or not. Then I visited his thread in the 'what the journos say' sub-forum and remembered that he changes his tune with the wind - and it was bloody windy yesterday.

Still, worth a read.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Reading this article, I couldn't remember whether Damien Barrett rated us or not. Then I visited his thread in the 'what the journos say' sub-forum and remembered that he changes his tune with the wind - and it was bloody windy yesterday.

Still, worth a read.

Why does he think we desperately require key defenders?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Nothing against Dicko at all, seems a good fella , however is there a bloke who’s made a better career out of doing nothing in the media , he’s on a few different shows , however never seems to ad anything

YeOldeTiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2020
Far Side of the Moon
Matt Rendell has died. Heart attack Sunday, never regained consciousness. I didn't agree with most of what he had to say but 64 is very young for a former elite athlete.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Matt Rendell has died. Heart attack Sunday, never regained consciousness. I didn't agree with most of what he had to say but 64 is very young for a former elite athlete.
It’s a bit confusing. Reports say cardiac arrrest then, as people often do, they start talking about heart attack in the reports.

Not that it matters - still a tragedy whatever way you cut it - but they’re two different things.

Bit of a Fitzroy bastion. Very sad.

Last edited: