Fraser Turner | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fraser Turner

This looks very promising for us. Might be ready to get a taste of it this year.

The fact that he knows already about finding the ball is a major plus.

Just watching this kid at training. He is a bloody good size. Standing next to English he has a few cm's on him.

TigerFlag2017 said:
Just watching this kid at training. He is a bloody good size. Standing next to English he has a few cm's on him.

Look forward to yor report TF I couldn't make it today. My questions are Tigga Prestia and Grimes were in rehab/body management Monday did they train with main group today and how hard did Big Tom attack his contested work today.

Cheers

caesar said:
Look forward to yor report TF I couldn't make it today. My questions are Tigga Prestia and Grimes were in rehab/body management Monday did they train with main group today and how hard did Big Tom attack his contested work today.

Cheers
Hi mate,

I only got there around 11 and most of the interesting stuff had finished. Lots of guys not out there by the time I arrived, so hard to tell who might be in rehab. As i walked over from richmond station brando was going into the bike cafe for a coffee.

I did see Prestia out there in the middle with titch. Lynch was part of the group but in the last 5 minutes was doing some run throughs while being timed. He was motoring along, much quicker than pre-xmas. For the Herald-Sun troll hacks, lynch seems to have grown another 10cm's.

Other than that all pretty standard stuff - Balta is a beast, george's goal kicking was a running joke between the boys, higlet doesn't shut up...

TigerFlag2017 said:
Hi mate,

I only got there around 11 and most of the interesting stuff had finished. Lots of guys not out there by the time I arrived, so hard to tell who might be in rehab. As i walked over from richmond station brando was going into the bike cafe for a coffee.

I did see Prestia out there in the middle with titch. Lynch was part of the group but in the last 5 minutes was doing some run throughs while being timed. He was motoring along, much quicker than pre-xmas. For the Herald-Sun troll hacks, lynch seems to have grown another 10cm's.

Other than that all pretty standard stuff - Balta is a beast, george's goal kicking was a running joke between the boys, higlet doesn't shut up...

Thanks Tigerflag, yep training is usually winding up at 11.

Fraser Turner - 25 disposals, 15 uncontested possessions, 10 handball receives, four rebound 50s & three inside 50s
“Played on a wing for the entirety of the game. He’s showing some great signs of growth in his development as a player and led the team with 25 disposals. He’s got some structural work to do, but on a whole he’s really playing to his strengths, which is pleasing to see.”

Mat Clarke and the recruiting team doing some good work atm. There’s prospects popping up everywhere. Fingers crossed

Smoking Aces said:
Fraser Turner - 25 disposals, 15 uncontested possessions, 10 handball receives, four rebound 50s & three inside 50s
“Played on a wing for the entirety of the game. He’s showing some great signs of growth in his development as a player and led the team with 25 disposals. He’s got some structural work to do, but on a whole he’s really playing to his strengths, which is pleasing to see.”

Gee, they are good numbers - only recently turned 18 as well from memory?

Sintiger said:
Watched the vfl live stream and he is fair way off physically but you can see the talent

How was his kicking?, in the last of the VFL practice matches he got plenty of ball but his kicking was terrible.

We are lucky that we already have two from the 2018 draft that has show they can play at AFL in their short career. Would be good to get another at sometime during the season but Turner and RCD are still learning the trade so we shouldn't push their possible AFL credentials too fast. They may well make it but right now they don't have the 'X' factor of Stack and Ross

Sintiger said:
Watched the vfl live stream and he is fair way off physically but you can see the talent

Can't be any less physical than what Menadue was in his first year.Crikey, he looked like KFC fries running around.

Stack and Ross have potentially filled the big body mid and contested small back positions that we lacked, Turner could be another missing piece of the puzzle - a hard running skilled wing accumulator. Him or naish or both

TigerFlag2017 said:
Unlike Menadue Turner is a fantastic size for his age. Good height with broad shoulders.

Unlike Menadue, Turner was able to put on 7kg in only 6 months since drafted. Am not bagging Menadue, just the ability to put on size. PS I thought Menadue did some good things against Port.