Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
One of the worst games i have been to in my 26 years of following this club.....i can't complain as the last 4 year's has been amazing so it softens the blow ......

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
On ch7 they showed the team running up the race before the game and a lot of players laughing about something. To me that shows they were not switched on, they'll just stroll out there and it will all just happen. Never does.
Maye they heard Missy telling a before game joke to the Saints.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
If its a Medial or Lateral I'll take that over an ACL.

Possibly some cartiledge damage from that mechanism too which is not great either.

As long as we get Noah up for the last month and the pre season.
Dimma said they’re suspecting it’s an ACL. Shocking news.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Dimma's repeating the same words just going through the motions with these annoying pressers for coaches.

Doesn't sound good for Balta.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
On ch7 they showed the team running up the race before the game and a lot of players laughing about something. To me that shows they were not switched on, they'll just stroll out there and it will all just happen. Never does.
That’s their modus operandi and has been since 2017. But it may have gone a bit too far now. Maybe ease up on that a tad and bear down with a bit more intensity now that we have our backs to the wall.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The skill level was the worst I've seen in a while. We know we've been transitioning to more of a chip around game and I don't think we took the conditions into account. We kicked badly for goal and gave ourselves no chance. Thought the backline overall did very well to keep them to 9 goals.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
The biggest problem we have is that we cannot change our gameplan with the players we currently have. It will take 2-3 years at a minimum to do it. Our entire game plan was built on move the ball forward at all costs. Pressure pressure absolute pressure. Basically wet weather football all year round.
Rules have changed, teams have improved and now we are scrambling to change our ways. Basically trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
You cannot play any other style with
Mcintosh
Castagna
Broad
Short
Aarts
Pickett
Lambert
Baker
Graham

Theyve been great soldiers but they all have one thing in common. Their skills level is not AFL standard. Take away their hunger and pressure and then expect them to chip the ball around and this is what you get.
Problem is apart from Dow in the ressies we dont have many others that have the necessary skills to play any other way

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
On paper worst side put on the paddock for yonks due to short of talls. Paddy murdered Chol . Our think tank in bringing in Ryan must have have had a wet dream. The kid is not just ready yet. Age shall not weary them but we have some whose age is catching up. Anyway if it is time to suck it up then we will with dignity.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That’s their modus operandi and has been since 2017. But it may have gone a bit too far now. Maybe ease up on that a tad and bear down with a bit more intensity now that we have our backs to the wall.
Which is what sh!ts me about the show pony passes we do.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dimma's repeating the same words just going through the motions with these annoying pressers for coaches.

Doesn't sound good for Balta.
Its a disaster if its an ACL.

Baltas key is his speed and agility and an ACL will impact that.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The biggest problem we have is that we cannot change our gameplan with the players we currently have. It will take 2-3 years at a minimum to do it. Our entire game plan was built on move the ball forward at all costs. Pressure pressure absolute pressure. Basically wet weather football all year round.
Rules have changed, teams have improved and now we are scrambling to change our ways. Basically trying to put a square peg in a round hole.
You cannot play any other style with
Mcintosh
Castagna
Broad
Short
Aarts
Pickett
Lambert
Baker
Graham

Theyve been great soldiers but they all have one thing in common. Their skills level is not AFL standard. Take away their hunger and pressure and then expect them to chip the ball around and this is what you get.
Problem is apart from Dow in the ressies we dont have many others that have the necessary skills to play any other way
Not-AFL-standard three-time premiership players? I've heard it all now. Why don't you go back to your own club's forum?

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I was hoping for Houli was going to call it prior to mid season draft. He is well cooked. Cotch needs to focus less on socks and more on footy. He still has what it takes
Cotch has really started to worry me. He's reminding me of Selwood from about 2 years back - got slower, just diving in for ground-balls but often half-useless, or giving away dumb frees. His possessions dropping off and so many hack kicks now. Duckwood has regained some use in some games but not when an opponent really gets on top like the GF or last night. Cannot really compete with the elite any more, just doing mongrel things.

Cotch looks to be reaching his use-by date fast. What does he do well any more? Throws his body in yes, but rarely takes a contested mark any more, cannot do anything damaging even when he gets the pill in open space.
It really pains me to say it because I really love and respect him for all he's done and achieved in leading this team to all their amazing success, but sadly, just another turnover merchant. I cannot believe how sloppy his disposal has become.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users