Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Friday night lights at the G , game day v the Saints

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
This is the worst "feel" I've had for a game since the post Gaspar sacking by Wallace. We looked a shell of the side we are.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It wasn't just our skills tonight.

It was the lack of strength. Couldn't stick a tackle, out positioned easily, couldn't break out of a wet paper bag.

The leaders seem to have lost their ability to lift the team.

Jack must be carrying something, possibly groin.

Dunno, but there's no papering over tonights cracks.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Seems the Tigers have dropped off the pace pretty quickly tis season.
I was optimistic about the three-peat (and will remain so until mathematically impossible, but maybe I've got my head in the sand) but tonight's effort suggests that Richmond is rather vulnerable at the moment and very far off the pace of the top tier teams this season.
Will be very interesting to see how Dimma handles this situation.
More chance of me having a 3way with the Kardasian sisters than us getting a 3 peat this year

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Not-AFL-standard three-time premiership players? I've heard it all now. Why don't you go back to your own club's forum?
You think their skill level by foot is that of an AFL player? They have been enormous for us no doubt but thats under a game plan that didnt require them to be overly skilful. Asking them to play a kicking game is not going to end well. No one said they are not champions. They just don't have the skill level to play any other way then chaos football. Simple

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
This is the worst "feel" I've had for a game since the post Gaspar sacking by Wallace. We looked a shell of the side we are.
The constant going backwards, fumbles and missed targets was sad to witness. Our game plan has gone backwards

Reactions: 1 user

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
What a nightmare year. Our most promising key tall could have done an ACL. The one bloke that could be anything. Has someone returned the tiger skin?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not-AFL-standard three-time premiership players? I've heard it all now. Why don't you go back to your own club's forum?
That reply forced me to click the "Show ignored content" link. Now I wish I hadn't. Had forgotten what match day threads look like without the Ignore function.

• Haha

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tonight was no ordinary loss, we were trying to play an unfamiliar style and it fell over spectacularly.

Maybe age catches up with us anyway, but we have died an unnatural death. It ain’t right.

But I couldn’t work out what this new style is tbh - and it’s really hard to see on the tv.

We looked like we were lair-rising a bit in the first 10 minutes and it didn’t work - and we just couldn’t get back to our fast pressure game - to reach the pinnacle is virtually impossible, to do it 3 times in 4 years takes a lot of petrol tickets and right now we don’t have any more to spend.

We we’re out played, out coached, out selected, out pressured, out tackled, out marked, out run……….and we will be out of the 8 come the end of the round.

Reactions: 2 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Seems our tactics are no longer aligned with the type of players we have out there.

The season isn’t over yet, but the chances of us keeping our draft haul and not trading for a ready-made just increased.