FYI 2019 Grand Final - RFC Priority Groups/AFL Grand Final Ticketing | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

FYI 2019 Grand Final - RFC Priority Groups/AFL Grand Final Ticketing

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Funny we are charged a $5 non-refundable fee at time of registration to cover administration costs and Collingwood members get charged $6 according to their website.

Have given Ticketek $10 to put my membership number in a database these last two years and am about to give them another $5 without knowing whether I'll receive anything in return. Nice little gambling rort they have there.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
it has been discussed a lot. i would estimate gold/priority 3 members would have somewhere between a 25%-33% chance dependent on how many people choose to register.
That sems like a vaste overestimation. I reckon gold has almo0st no hope. If Platinum gets priotiy now.

Cant wait to get my platinum membership in a few years. Gold membership seems almost worthless.

Wishing I wouldve got a Rioli membership a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
That sems like a vaste overestimation. I reckon gold has almo0st no hope. If Platinum gets priotiy now.

Cant wait to get my platinum membership in a few years. Gold membership seems almost worthless.

Wishing I wouldve got a Rioli membership a couple of years ago.

I estimate Priority 1 at 10,000 and some of us have estimated priority 2 at 2,000. that leaves 5,000 tickets for approx 20,000-25,000 gold members. if you factor in a few thousand gold members already being priority 1, and take off 10% who won't register for the ballot, that leaves approx 15,000-20,000 priority 3 applicants for 5,000 tickets. that lies somewhere between a 1 in 3 chance and a 1 in 4 chance (25%-33%).

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Before people jump on me saying 'we have to make it first' - I have had several people asking if this information is available yet. Yes, it is.

RFC Priority Groups should RFC participate in the 2019 Grand Final.

Priority 1 (Guaranteed) : 2019 Premiership Circle - Great Southern Stand, Ponsford, Olympic (excluding Premiership Circle Provisional members), Maurice Rioli Club (Provisional, Tier 2, Tier 1) 3121, Club XI, Maurice Rioli Club, Richmond Executive, Legends, Jacks Club and Yellow & Black members.
Priority 2 (Ballot) All Platinum 25-49 years consecutive members
Priority 3 (Ballot) All Gold 10-24 years consecutive members

AFL Grand Final Ticketing

The AFL proposes that tickets to the 2019 AFL Grand Final be allocated in approximately the following manner:

1. Competing Club Members 16,000 - 40,000
2. AFL Clubs (18) 0 - 7,000
3. MCC Reserve 16,000 - 26,000
4. AFL Members 13,000 - 23,000
5. AFL/Medallion Club Members 3,000 - 5,000
6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual Obligations 5,000 - 30,000
7. Competing Clubs 0 - 5,000 Total 100,000 (approx)

Links:

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/finals/grand-final-information
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/2019-AFL-GRAND-FINAL-TICKET-SCHEME-FINAL.pdf
By my count if they tried to allocate to the maximum they've allowed for, that's 136,000 not approx 100,000. Gunna be a hell of a lot of short supply when push comes to shove.
Can guarantee that if Colonwood or Richmond, or even both make it the MCC reserve, AFL members, Medallion club will get their maximum approximate totaling 54,000 tickets then there'll be a mad scramble for tickets under AFL / Contractural for as many tickets as possible, allow maybe half at 16,000. Then it'll be a bun fight for the others to scrounge up whatever's leftover.
Smells like there'll be lucky to be 30,000 tickets for the two competing clubs to look after their corporate and member requirements.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'd suggest throwing your hat into the ring, and not spending a moment panicking, or crunching the numbers, until we win the prelim.

like Dimma says, worry about what we can control.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I estimate Priority 1 at 10,000 and some of us have estimated priority 2 at 2,000. that leaves 5,000 tickets for approx 20,000-25,000 gold members. if you factor in a few thousand gold members already being priority 1, and take off 10% who won't register for the ballot, that leaves approx 15,000-20,000 priority 3 applicants for 5,000 tickets. that lies somewhere between a 1 in 3 chance and a 1 in 4 chance (25%-33%).
So my son and I are gold members. Assuming we want to get at least one ticket( I went to the 2017 GF and he didnt so I would give him mine if I'm the only one to get it). Do you reckon we have more chance going into the ballot as singles rather than as a pair?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I'd suggest throwing your hat into the ring, and not spending a moment panicking, or crunching the numbers, until we win the prelim.

like Dimma says, worry about what we can control.

Nah - my advice is that for gold and platinum members you will have no chance, absolutely Buckley’s, nil, nyett, zero chance, so don’t bother even registering for them because
..................the more of you who don’t register increases my chance as a gold member to get a ticket. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
So my son and I are gold members. Assuming we want to get at least one ticket( I went to the 2017 GF and he didnt so I would give him mine if I'm the only one to get it). Do you reckon we have more chance going into the ballot as singles rather than as a pair?

I’m after similar advice. We have 8 gold memberships in the family. Do we put in a group of 8 or 2 groups of 4? (Or even 4 groups of 2)

Obviously with the 1 in all in rule, all 8 is better, but if there isn’t 8 seats I assumed the algorithm would bump for say a group of 2/4

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I’m after similar advice. We have 8 gold memberships in the family. Do we put in a group of 8 or 2 groups of 4? (Or even 4 groups of 2)

Obviously with the 1 in all in rule, all 8 is better, but if there isn’t 8 seats I assumed the algorithm would bump for say a group of 2/4
Only guessing but seeing there's only a very low % of gold members going to get a ticket in the first place, and they'll be the last allocation of leftovers. There might b a slightly better chance of scoring a hit trying to get two seats rather than eight, I can't see the ticketing company having a system for splitting an eight seat order into four groups of two. Only difficulty then will be the fight over who's membership numbers got through n who's missing out.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
After countless viewings of the 2017 GF, what has irked me more than anything has been the cameras panning the crowd and seeing ex-players like Rohan Smith and Scott West in the crowd.

What bloody right do they have to be there? No attachment what so ever to the competing clubs. And they are the ones you can see. There would be countless others not captured on camera.

I was lucky enough to be there. But thousands of other long suffering Tiger fans, who have shelled out thousands of dollars over the journey missed out so these types could be there.

It's bull dust. We have long known the GF ticket allocation is horribly flawed, but something needs to be done to right this wrong.

I know the GF was the pinnacle in 2017, but on reflection my most cherished memory of our 2017 finals campaign was the Prelim Final v GWS, where I got to watch my team with the maximum amount of like minded folks who have shared the highs and lows with me over the years.

They are the ones who deserve to be there on the last day of September. And they deserve better than having to scramble against each other for the scraps left over after the un-deserved get their slice.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It's the PF which is for the footy fans, the GF is horribly compromised by being an event as opposed to a footy game.

Unfortunately no replay if it is drawn now too as GF replays were always a game for the fans.

DS

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Well the GF Registration process worked seamlessly this morning.
Logged just after the 8am start and it was done in a few minutes.
But I guess that’s the easy bit.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
No hassles, smooth operation entering for the ballot this morning. Paid the $20 for 4 entries, logged in at 8.10am, logged out 8.15.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
Just registered for Richmond Priority 1 GF tickets for my 16yo son and me. We make it a 4 day weekend and drive to Melbourne on the Thursday, see the GF Parade on the Friday and go to the GF on the Saturday. 2017 was a great father and son bonding weekend, one that neither of us will forget. We get to hang out with his older brother who lives in Melbourne and seeing my two boys together having fun is a pleasure only other father's will understand.

Go Tigers, make the GF please, and then *smile* win it!

Reactions: 4 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
That was pretty easy and I am registered. Yay for that.

Idk but I have a deep distrust of Ticketek and when the boys do the business next week … I know I am going to have an anxious wait until the tix come through.

Good luck to everyone in the ballot.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
After countless viewings of the 2017 GF, what has irked me more than anything has been the cameras panning the crowd and seeing ex-players like Rohan Smith and Scott West in the crowd.

What bloody right do they have to be there? No attachment what so ever to the competing clubs. And they are the ones you can see. There would be countless others not captured on camera.

its messed up Mopsy. The AFL are always gonna be feeding the corporate snouts in the trough, but you could get more competing supporters in with some easy reforms.

1000 tickets to non-competing clubs *smile* me. that's 16,000 people who shouldn't be there cause their team isnt good enough.

having said that, one of my boys saw 2017 on a WC ticket he bought for $750.

The MCC tickets (they have 30,000!) are $30 each!!! I dont get why The MCC dont priority allocate to their members who support the competing clubs?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
very easy process. took a few minutes. hopefully its like this on monday morning.

maybe call the club for advice but my guess would be going into the ballot separately. However, it will also mean you can't sit together if you’re both successful. I had a mate who was sitting on his own in 2017, and while he has great memories like the rest of us, he wished he was with mates or family to enjoy it with.

mjb

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2007
How long did you guys have to wait before getting the confirmation email? I been waiting 20 mins and went back and tried to renter the details but it says “entitlement exhausted” so I guess I’m good to go. Screen shotted the Ticketek page just in case lol.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
How long did you guys have to wait before getting the confirmation email? I been waiting 20 mins and went back and tried to renter the details but it says “entitlement exhausted” so I guess I’m good to go. Screen shotted the Ticketek page just in case lol.

came through pretty instantly MJB. Maybe you've got a bung email in your account? If you've got a screen shot of the confirmation you're right.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

yep. all you need is your transaction number