Game Day - Geelong V Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Geelong V Richmond

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. We have been *smile* rogered by every arsewipe in the AFL for years; from the administrators to the umpires. That we won 3 flags shows how remarkable the effort to do that is.

We've had enough of this garbage. Last night we lost a game because a Geelong player illegally and arguably deliberately took out our best midfielder. That Geelong player went on to play a dominant role in a 3 point win. We didn't get a 50m penalty as we should have and lost an opportunity to score a goal. Then we were a player down for 3 minutes as we tried to get our concussed player off the ground and Geelong scored a goal.

The umpiring was incompetent bordering on cheating. Double the frees in a 3 point game where both teams go their hardest. They missed so many obvious frees to us but pay everything to Geelong.

The best team did not win due to many factors out of its control (and some in its control but they are semantic). How can anyone not angry be about that result.
I would put that cats officials and fans would have been filthy with the umpiring if they’d list by 3 points . Their players were starting to whinge more and more as our free kick tally rose above 2 in the second half . They have expectation build up over years that they are fair and deserving of the umpires support and we are cheating grubs and they have 6 years , yes 6 years of stats to back up their case .

All I can say ahh grasshopper be patient , they can be satisfied that as Salty Scott puts it control rules over chaos and we can smugly wait for the finals as meeting them in any week in the finals will be more important than round 15

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Pickett got a week for a beautifully timed bump.
I'm hoping he cops a month off and he comes back and does a hammy and his season is turned to shiit.
The game is fked when a bloke is a defender that dosent actually man up on anyone. Is called BOG..blind Freddy could see Baker was BOG in yesterday game.

Reactions: 1 user

bozo

Tiger Rookie
Dec 11, 2007
North Carlton
Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. We have been *smile* rogered by every arsewipe in the AFL for years; from the administrators to the umpires. That we won 3 flags shows how remarkable the effort to do that is.

We've had enough of this garbage. Last night we lost a game because a Geelong player illegally and arguably deliberately took out our best midfielder. That Geelong player went on to play a dominant role in a 3 point win. We didn't get a 50m penalty as we should have and lost an opportunity to score a goal. Then we were a player down for 3 minutes as we tried to get our concussed player off the ground and Geelong scored a goal.

The umpiring was incompetent bordering on cheating. Double the frees in a 3 point game where both teams go their hardest. They missed so many obvious frees to us but pay everything to Geelong.

The best team did not win due to many factors out of its control (and some in its control but they are semantic). How can anyone not angry be about that result.
I am

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It's not a MENSA forum TBR, it's a footy forum with Tiger supporters from all walks of life. Do some people talk crap? Absolutely but there is more great, passionate discussions than crap on here.

I was totally frustrated coming home last night, but it's good to have PRE where you can go and vent if you like, rather than kick your cat or worse.

Why are you telling us you're out? Just leave, or are you expecting an outcry of sympathy?

TBR's leaving?

Don't slam the door on the way out, we won't miss your selectively sticking up for thugs who iron out Richmond players, like Dangerfield and Stewart. Didn't notice you defending Picket's legal bump in the Hawthorn game, despite the fact Pickett got rubbed out for an incident where the opponent immediately jumped up and kept playing.

You should apply for a job in the footy media, your arse licking would attract a large salary.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Pickett got a week for a beautifully timed bump.
I'm hoping he cops a month off and he comes back and does a hammy and his season is turned to shiit.
The game is fked when a bloke is a defender that dosent actually man up on anyone. Is called BOG..blind Freddy could see Baker was BOG in yesterday game.
Spare man in defence can be a match winner, like Rance used to play. And he was judged BOG in a GF by some.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have never used the ignore function; never even looked at it. But I have a feeling I may have been put on ignore by a certain poster. All of his posts in this thread have disappeared on my screen and my posts where I know I have replied to some of his posts do not show the quote that I have replied to. If I am put on ignore by a poster I assumed that poster does not see my posts. But does it also mean that I also do not see that person's posts?

Again, I have never used the ignore function so I'm not sure what has happened.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
TBR's leaving?

Don't slam the door on the way out, we won't miss your selectively sticking up for thugs who iron out Richmond players, like Dangerfield and Stewart. Didn't notice you defending Picket's legal bump in the Hawthorn game, despite the fact Pickett got rubbed out for an incident where the opponent immediately jumped up and kept playing.

You should apply for a job in the footy media, your arse licking would attract a large salary.

DS
I'm just as disappointed by those two bumps as everyone on here but many are letting that disappointment spill over into character assassinations that are very poor. Those two bumps were careless more than deliberate and I know that won't be a popular position but I go back to Houli as a similar example of careless that looked deliberate on the video replay.
Even with Prestia missing we had many chances to win that game except for our own mistakes. Squealing about a poor deal from the umpires does not help but I know it makes you guys feel better so that's OK. We prove our true worth by winning on our own merits, doing better in the things we can control as shown by 3 flags in past 5 years.

Last edited:

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I'm just as disappointed by those two bumps as everyone on here but many are letting that disappointment spill over into character assassinations that are very poor. Those two bumps were careless more than deliberate and I know that won't be a popular position but I go back to Houli as a similar example of careless that looked deliberate on the video replay.
Dangerfield wasn't a bump. It was a forearm to the head. How he didn't even have a case to answer is incredulous.

Reactions: 8 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Even with Prestia missing we had many chances to win that game except for our own mistakes. Squealing about a poor deal from the umpires does not help but I know it makes you guys feel better so that's OK. We prove our true worth by winning on our own merits, doing better in the things we can control as shown by 3 flags in past 5 years.
Quite frankly careless in the Stewart case is rubbish. He made a conscious decision to run past the ball and bump Prestia; even admitted it himself according to Salty. That is not careless it is intentional by the very definition.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I have never used the ignore function; never even looked at it. But I have a feeling I may have been put on ignore by a certain poster. All of his posts in this thread have disappeared on my screen and my posts where I know I have replied to some of his posts do not show the quote that I have replied to. If I am put on ignore by a poster I assumed that poster does not see my posts. But does it also mean that I also do not see that person's posts?

Again, I have never used the ignore function so I'm not sure what has happened.
You’ve been put on ignore by the poster you are thinking of.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
You’ve been put on ignore by the poster you are thinking of.
Ha ha is that right? So his *smile* gets called out and his response is to put the poster on ignore? Ordinary I reckon but I suppose typical. But no loss to me. I could care less either way. I just didn't know what was going on. Didn't realise that using the ignore function meant that I also would not see his posts; thought he would just not see mine.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009

Excellent post, but as the saying goes... the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

The club needs to make some noise about the biased umpiring against us and how we are so obviously adjudicated at a completly different standard. FFS MAKE SOME NOISE Benny, dimma or whoever, cos we will continue to get reamed if we continue to stay silent about this bs, like we have for the last few years.

Having a free kick differential so lopsided doesnt happen by coincidence every *smile* year. Free kicks paid against can be argued against undisciplined behavious, however frees paid for so clearly lopsided shows a clear bias against us. DO SOMETHING RFC!!!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Excellent post, but as the saying goes... the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

The club needs to make some noise about the biased umpiring against us and how we are so obviously adjudicated at a completly different standard. FFS MAKE SOME NOISE Benny, dimma or whoever, cos we will continue to get reamed if we continue to stay silent about this bs, like we have for the last few years.

Having a free kick differential so lopsided doesnt happen by coincidence every *smile* year. Free kicks paid against can be argued against undisciplined behavious, however frees paid for so clearly lopsided shows a clear bias against us. DO SOMETHING RFC!!!
It’s really a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation. If we do then we’re labelled as whingers, and while umpires are meant to be impartial, they’re still human and if they feel slighted it is going to influence their decision making to some extent. If we don’t, then everyone, including the umpires think everything is hunky dory, so continue on as normal.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Ha ha is that right? So his *smile* gets called out and his response is to put the poster on ignore? Ordinary I reckon but I suppose typical. But no loss to me. I could care less either way. I just didn't know what was going on. Didn't realise that using the ignore function meant that I also would not see his posts; thought he would just not see mine.
Yeah. Certain poster on here talks a lot of jibber jabber but hates being called out on it. Like a 8yo throwing a tantrum when you disagree with them.
Reckon they’ve blocked half a PRE

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
TBR's leaving?

DS
Great post David. Had enough of the Great Apologist. I honestly dont think he is or ever was a Tiger supporter. I stopped seeing his posts quite some time ago with the Ignore option but I would guess he tried to play down the Stewart dog act??

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Posters should be able to have differing opinions without personal attacks or pile-ons. Just take a step back, everyone. You can disagree without making it personal.

Reactions: 12 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Posters should be able to have differing opinions without personal attacks or pile-ons. Just take a step back, everyone. You can disagree without making it personal.
Well said spook.

PRE is an excellent place for a chat, and some robust banter. Differing opinions always welcomed.

I was seething last night, as most us probably were. Probably shouldn't have been rage posting, and apologies to anyone who copped a spray (except Tom Stewart)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just watched the 2nd half again. What luck we carry. In the last 30 secs it had to be the thug marking the ball in defence ending our chances.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
TBR put me on ignore because I called out his rubbish posting and pathetic defence of the Stewart incident. Don't recall getting personal other than calling what he posted *smile*. I referred to him as a sycophant in a reply to another person's post. Not sure if that's enough reason to put someone on ignore. Reckon if you're gonna post the sort of stuff he does you'd have a thicker skin.

But whatever; no skin off my nose. I just found it a bit surprising.

Last edited: