Game Day - Geelong V Richmond | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Geelong V Richmond

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Well said spook.

PRE is an excellent place for a chat, and some robust banter. Differing opinions always welcomed.

I was seething last night, as most us probably were. Probably shouldn't have been rage posting, and apologies to anyone who copped a spray (except Tom Stewart)
No need to apologise mate.
Im still freaking seething. As you can probably tell.
I’m just about over the bias, the corruption, the downright cheating against us. It’s time to show some balls and have the club call it out.
Enough is enough!

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I’m just about over the bias, the corruption, the downright cheating against us. It’s time to show some balls and have the club call it out.
Enough is enough!
That post deserves the time honoured; "hear, hear"; Willo.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Posters should be able to have differing opinions without personal attacks or pile-ons. Just take a step back, everyone. You can disagree without making it personal.
Spook I often agree with you.
Sorry, but not so much on this one.

And yes, I have piled on. TBH, I have had enough of this one poster.

Differing opinions is one thing Spook.

But its when we get called out by someone who presents himself as the smartest person on this site, when we get called out by that person... for not understanding the game, or not seeing or understanding the nuances of the game,, for being jingoistic or one eyed, for being so blind to other ways to see things - well, nope have to push back big time. sorry Spook.

Probably like a few others, having discovered the ignore button has made life on this site more relaxed. Happy to still have different opinions but truthfully, i Reckon many of us here have forgotten more about the game than this particular person suggests he knows.

I have taken your point to heart though. Will be no more pile ons. Will just not pay any attention.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm just as disappointed by those two bumps as everyone on here but many are letting that disappointment spill over into character assassinations that are very poor. Those two bumps were careless more than deliberate and I know that won't be a popular position but I go back to Houli as a similar example of careless that looked deliberate on the video replay.
Even with Prestia missing we had many chances to win that game except for our own mistakes. Squealing about a poor deal from the umpires does not help but I know it makes you guys feel better so that's OK. We prove our true worth by winning on our own merits, doing better in the things we can control as shown by 3 flags in past 5 years.

Normally I would agree with this, but we are not talking about a normal person here.

They present opinion as fact, ridicule anyone who holds a different opinion. Then, even though they are a moderator, they actively avoid transparency by putting people on ignore.

If the poster in question had the guts to leave their comments out for everyone to see, and did not selectively hide them from whoever they deem to be below their lofty view of themselves, then they would not be viewed as a troll. But, no, they choose to cut out others who have the temerity to disagree with them. and while they are theoretically choosing not to see some members' posts, the reality is they have been abusing the fact that, as a moderator, they would see all of our posts anyway (Hi TBR, not missing your posts by the way).

Add to this the continuing defence of sub-standard adjudicating of the game we love, and defending thuggery, I'm sorry but respect is not deserved.

Note also, I'm saying this publicly, not hiding behind the ignore function. More than I can say for some.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Just watched the replay as I missed the match and reckon for the first 40%bon the match the Tigers were unaccountable and second best in every part of the game except unforced errors. It is only when they pushed Baker forward did they come to life and showed us something worth watching. Whe will we learn that we have to play four quarters and not half the game

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Posters should be able to have differing opinions without personal attacks or pile-ons. Just take a step back, everyone. You can disagree without making it personal.
Not sure those who you are calling out realise they’ve played the man and not the ball (like Tom Stewart).

Stay classy San Diego.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Will just not pay any attention.
That's it, bob. I wasn't calling out anyone in particular @Ridley I just don't want to read it and don't think it does anyone any good. There are opinions, posting styles and behaviours I don't like on this site. If I feel strongly enough I will express my view of it and move on. If it continues, I try to ignore it (I have a couple on ignore, highly recommend it). There are one or three posters I think are absolute fukwits but I don't say it, I just don't engage. I know TBR's posting style can rub people the wrong way. It doesn't bother me but I can see why it does others.

Tempers are high after yesterday. Mine too. I'm just saying let's all calm down, go grab some pitchforks and meet at Tom Stewart's house.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Tempers are high after yesterday. Mine too. I'm just saying let's all calm down, go grab some pitchforks and meet at Tom Stewart's house.
I will be practising the sh*t out of my telekinesis for the rest of this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
That's it, bob. I wasn't calling out anyone in particular @Ridley I just don't want to read it and don't think it does anyone any good. There are opinions, posting styles and behaviours I don't like on this site. If I feel strongly enough I will express my view of it and move on. If it continues, I try to ignore it (I have a couple on ignore, highly recommend it). There are one or three posters I think are absolute fukwits but I don't say it, I just don't engage. I know TBR's posting style can rub people the wrong way. It doesn't bother me but I can see why it does others.

Yes I get that you weren't particularly calling anyone out Spook but I was just offering some context around why people might react they way they do. His posting style is narcissistic, overbearing, patronising and arrogant. Traits that I have no time for. It is overall quite boring really. But I wouldn't use the ignore function on him or anyone else for that matter. Quite happy to use my own "manual" ignore function. That said he may well be copping over the top responses but I can't see them as he has me on ignore :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, text me that address would ya.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Normally I would agree with this, but we are not talking about a normal person here.

They present opinion as fact, ridicule anyone who holds a different opinion. Then, even though they are a moderator, they actively avoid transparency by putting people on ignore.

If the poster in question had the guts to leave their comments out for everyone to see, and did not selectively hide them from whoever they deem to be below their lofty view of themselves, then they would not be viewed as a troll. But, no, they choose to cut out others who have the temerity to disagree with them. and while they are theoretically choosing not to see some members' posts, the reality is they have been abusing the fact that, as a moderator, they would see all of our posts anyway (Hi TBR, not missing your posts by the way).

Add to this the continuing defence of sub-standard adjudicating of the game we love, and defending thuggery, I'm sorry but respect is not deserved.

Note also, I'm saying this publicly, not hiding behind the ignore function. More than I can say for some.

DS
Well said David. That also deserves a time honoured; "hear hear".

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Just send chicken manure to the Krapdinia Park.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Like the last bit, sure I have a pitchfork in the shed, let's go.

DS

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Not quite how it happened but you are right that it was less than premium.
Caesar also posted on this.

We were on that wing.
Lynch went towards the interchange to sort of seek their approval that he needed to get back to the defence to shore up our defence. He then told Marlion to go forward. Not sure what the bench told him but Lynch ended up in Marlion's position staying on the wing.
Don’t know the order of events but Lynch was certainly speaking to a runner in the midfield before he took up his position on the wing. .
Felt that he should have gone or have been sent back after Juniors kick, as should at least one of Martin or Bolton or both, been sent into the midfield.
Maybe not enough time but Dusty and Bolton were left away from the action at the time they were most needed.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
I would assume that lynch started on the wing to then go straight to defence from the bounce to create a spare. Cant start him there under 666 rule as he wouldn't be spare

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Normally after a loss, I get pi55ed of and *smile* and moan a little, but then I’m over it by the next day.

But this one is lingering on. I’m still bloody fuming.

Enough is enough!

Lets be clear on this, it is cheating. 13 free kicks. Only 6 by the 20 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. At least 10 obvious free kicks 10 not paid. Anyone who says we receive equal treatment as the other 17 clubs is delusional.

But you know what? I’m also angry at the club for not calling it out, cop the bloody fine. We will all chip in if necessary. When are we gonna take a stand?

Reactions: 4 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
TBR's leaving?

Don't slam the door on the way out, we won't miss your selectively sticking up for thugs who iron out Richmond players, like Dangerfield and Stewart. Didn't notice you defending Picket's legal bump in the Hawthorn game, despite the fact Pickett got rubbed out for an incident where the opponent immediately jumped up and kept playing.

You should apply for a job in the footy media, your arse licking would attract a large salary.

DS

Spot on DS

I’d stopped reading his toxic posts when they ended up all following the same basic 3 step formula i.e.
1 - claim to be offering a honourable defence for the indefensible - such as Stewart/Prestia
2 - insert his own “supposed” worldly experience and knowledge into almost every post and name drop wherever possible
3 - repeat 1 and 2 ad nauseum

Won’t be missed

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Normally after a loss, I get pi55ed of and *smile* and moan a little, but then I’m over it by the next day.

But this one is lingering on. I’m still bloody fuming.

Lets be clear on this, it is cheating. 13 free kicks. Only 6 by the 20 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. At least 10 obvious free kicks 10 not paid. Anyone who says we receive equal treatment as the other 17 clubs is delusional.

But you know what? I’m also angry at the club for not calling it out, cop the bloody fine. We will all chip in if necessary. When are we gonna take a stand?
Same binman. I'm normally OK after a couple of days but the repercussions on our season are so significant. I was waiting for the umps to square it up but they continued.

When you watch a replay of the free against Lynch when Jack marked you see De Koning not watching the play and try to keep Lynch from the contest. That preceeded Lynch hauling him aside. Guess what - Lynch is penalised. Like the Stewart/Reiwoldt contest - two players holding each other, Reiwoldt penalised. In both instances the Richmond player is the one trying to mark the *smile* thing, the cats player trying to prevent a mark. And who is penalised in each case?

The Miers free against Broad was similar. Even the commentators were surprised at the Miers free.

I think the average player possession count is about 16-18. Getting 13 less frees almost equates to an extra player.