Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Had a kick of the footy just before. Blustery northerly, similar to the one the VFL boys rode home a few weeks ago. With it, my two-step torp carried 50 metres, so I'd call it a 3-4 goal breeze.

But as Tommy said, she swirls inside the Colosseum. Don't give away the goals, boys.

Carn.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Classic , Dimma has the song play list at the game tonight, some great selections , legend of a man

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Had a kick of the footy just before. Blustery northerly, similar to the one the VFL boys rode home a few weeks ago. With it, my two-step torp carried 50 metres, so I'd call it a 3-4 goal breeze.

But as Tommy said, she swirls inside the Colosseum. Don't give away the goals, boys.

Carn.

BOM is forecast wind speed to drop significantly this evening. From 20 knots now to only 10 knots at game time. 10 knots outside the G, won't have much influence inside.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
BOM is forecast wind speed to drop significantly this evening. From 20 knots now to only 10 knots at game time. 10 knots outside the G, won't have much influence inside.
That's what I was hoping for, Cube.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Classic , Dimma has the song play list at the game tonight, some great selections , legend of a man
Just heard and remembered Katy Perry's song Roar (Eye of the Tiger) the other night. In the pop genre, but sounds good and should be played tonight before the game.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Nerves have officially kicked in. Different to the last two years:

2017 - We were on a ride that even if we had lost we could view the season as a success. Quietly confident though.
2018 - We had to win. We couldn't lose. We were the best and it was against Collingwood. More fear of losing than anything else.
2019 - Confident we will win. We're the better team. Thought of losing to Salty is unbearable. Confident, but cautious.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Nerves have officially kicked in. Different to the last two years:

2017 - We were on a ride that even if we had lost we could view the season as a success. Quietly confident though.
2018 - We had to win. We couldn't lose. We were the best and it was against Collingwood. More fear of losing than anything else.
2019 - Confident we will win. We're the better team. Thought of losing to Salty is unbearable. Confident, but cautious.
I admire your ability to invent new ways to worry each year. It's a gift.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I suffer from nerves badly before a game ,the mind races with all the different scenarios , but a feeling of calmness ( oh well its started now, what will be will be ) kicks in a bit once the game starts

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Spot on. We used to look at the teams who played in a prelim & were jealous as. We are about to play our 3rd in a row.

Last year was nervous & anxious as it was the Pies & we finished 2 games clear, so lots of expectations.

This year, still nervous but excited & trying to enjoy it more.

Go tigers
Spot on...through the 2000s used go to prelims and wonder at the gulf between the top 4 teams and what we served up during the home and away. We are now that team others want to be.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I suffer from nerves badly before a game ,the mind races with all the different scenarios , but a feeling of calmness ( oh well its started now, what will be will be ) kicks in a bit once the game starts

Go for a run, if you like running, a lot of players do it before a game.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Redemption begins tonight.

Nothing should stay in our way.

We have a coach & captain who speak of humility , togetherness of love & care for each other & respect.

To a coach & captain plus some players of arrogance, rudeness to throwing grenades hoping we will pick them up.

Tonight the Tigers will explode on the MCG and shut the trap of his and the rest of his team right up!

REDEMPTION TIME

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Something to kill time, the last time we met the Salties in a final. 7:45 is Cotchin's moment of magic