Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

Dangerfiggy suits him perfectly. Got a feeling he now knows he's not gunna get himself a premiership dingly dangly so is flat out establishing his credentials as the next expert celebrity media head.
Who’d listen to him?

Really, he hasn’t cast himself as the objective analyst in any forum or platform.

He’d really be making up the numbers and making shrill comments amongst the expert AFL commentators.

Of course, you’ve got a job for life!

Favourite part of the finals series was TomJ sitting Dangerdonuts on his arse while Dion snagged one from 45m.

Reactions: 4 users
And not calling a blatant free kick to Grimes (even the commentators failed to mention it) for Geelongs very first goal. Henderson wasn't even facing the footy.

I couldnt believe that on the day. Wasnt facing the ball and had his arms over Grimes shoulder. Didnt even get mentioned on the replay. (The Gary effect I am guessing)

Reactions: 1 user
How was Dangerflog after he got that 50.

The slow walk to the goal square checking out his dive on the big screen. Then he puts the ball down and pulls the socks up and takes some deep breaths for his shot from 1m out.

Behind him, Selwood calls the troops in to surround Figjam, the Cats are on and are going to take some beating.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
- The enormity of Lynch's game

This is THE defining feature of the game in my memory (only watched it once, live)

His contested grabs early in the 3rd were the acts of a champion.

I reckon you could mount a strong case that big Tom is the 2nd best player in the game right now.

Reactions: 1 users
Deleted.

Wrong thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

The slow walk to the goal square checking out his dive on the big screen. Then he puts the ball down and pulls the socks up and takes some deep breaths for his shot from 1m out.

Behind him, Selwood calls the troops in to surround Figjam, the Cats are on and are going to take some beating.
Yeah, that was "look at me" if I've ever seen it.

Reactions: 3 users
0”o

WorkSafe have prepared new signage for the MCG next season

1571621832393.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Favourite part of the finals series was TomJ sitting Dangerdonuts on his arse while Dion snagged one from 45m.
Same here. Payback for that a-hole tweet Dangerflog sent Tom before our QF in Brisbane.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
As soon as Danger, Selwood and others were diving, ducking and playing for frees, I called that we would win it early in the 3rd, even though we were still well behind. You look for the intangibles and where the efforts were focused in those circumstances. Ours was well and truly at the ball (which we carried into the GF too, we turned a corner in that 3rd quarter) while the handbags were playing for frees, looking for the cheapies. Sums up the culture of the two teams really.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pricky's codgers should apply for the pension concession card when paying expenses.

• Haha
With JR8's tap, I was watching him when Short's kick launched and he was on the wrong side of the contest and half-slipped as well. He did well to get to the contest – Short's penetration helped and caught the Cats out too – but the tap was a thing of beauty and one of the highlights of the season.

Bit of Foxfooty rewatching on the weekend.. maybe in the euphoria I'd missed this......
Jack interviewed post game in the rooms and he's like a little kid how happy he is. Said he was proud like a big brother with Toms game and when asked about the tap he says it's a tactic that he'd practiced knowing their defenders do like to leave their men and contest as a group.

Also Paul Roos highlighted it OTC as a pointer to the way Jack now plays so team oriented. Said we shouldn't worry about his form going into the gf........ gee Healy is a bigger tool every time I watch it!

As soon as Danger, Selwood and others were diving, ducking and playing for frees, I called that we would win it early in the 3rd, even though we were still well behind. You look for the intangibles and where the efforts were focused in those circumstances. Ours was well and truly at the ball (which we carried into the GF too, we turned a corner in that 3rd quarter) while the handbags were playing for frees, looking for the cheapies. Sums up the culture of the two teams really.
Personally, I was waiting for Geelong to steady then fight be back in the last. Turned out they were completely spent and figjam failed to fire a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
The Ark is still reviewing the 8 goals after half time. Chris Salty Scott has put in his protest.
1st vs 3rd.
Stewards have dismissed his protest. Chief AFL steward Zip said ‘Geelong had put in a protest that Richmond shouldn’t be allowed to score so heavy so far from the finishing line, but after reviewing all the footage we came to one conclusion, that Richmond is better in 2019 then 2018”
Geelong has yet to comment on the findings.

Actually, watching it very closely, just before the hit, Dangerfield drops off the pace just slightly.
Reckon one of three things has happened. Either ...
1. He realizes he ain't catchin' Bolton and gives up the ghost,
2. He sees Lynch out of the corner of his eyes and tries to evade, or
3. Lynch decides to run through him anyway.

Priceless.

Reactions: 4 users