Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v Geelong Preliminary Final

As soon as Danger, Selwood and others were diving, ducking and playing for frees, I called that we would win it early in the 3rd, even though we were still well behind.

The biggest ducker and diver on the day by far was that young Miers. Has learnt from the best.

Reactions: 3 users
The biggest ducker and diver on the day by far was that young Miers. Has learnt from the best.
Yep, it was almost comical Geelong having 3 players seemingly more intent on trying to snare free kicks.

Reactions: 1 users
As soon as Danger, Selwood and others were diving, ducking and playing for frees, I called that we would win it early in the 3rd, even though we were still well behind. You look for the intangibles and where the efforts were focused in those circumstances. Ours was well and truly at the ball (which we carried into the GF too, we turned a corner in that 3rd quarter) while the handbags were playing for frees, looking for the cheapies. Sums up the culture of the two teams really.
I agree, actually if you go back to the Eagles game, they started doing that too and I remember thinking they're done here

Kicks like a donkey.
He had his 3 mintues of glory early on but he was cut down by 2 huge turnovers.
Nothing special.
No leg speed

Watch the reply of his dive again.
He gets up and starts limping as well while holding his face.

*smile* comical.
Like BT said, you can't go down that easy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Dangerfield has history for being a squib.

Also has a history of no Premierships.

Danger is all about Danger, that BS carry on prior to half time where he dived then sauntered in like a flog and took his time then mouthed off will be a great memory.

Dusty gives him a slight shove he goes down as if shot to try and milk another free the wanker.

Then we came out and belted them and shook them.

They will be damaged from it regardless of whatever spin they put on the first half.. the Tigers showed how easily we could score on them when we got fair dinkum and they couldnt halt the freight train, even with a 4 goal lead.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Watch the reply of his dive again.
He gets up and starts limping as well while holding his face.

******* comical.
Like BT said, you can't go down that easy.

In fairness to Gryan (assume whoever typed up his birth certificate had the B and G keys mixed up on their computer), I think he copped the full backdraft of Houli's beard on the way past. That thing is a weapon.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I had never noticed it before. What a ripper.
For those who haven't seen it ....
Nailed his arse n turned and walked away beautifully simple. Looks like such an inoffensive goober does the Lynchman, but geez he's got a healthy does of mongrel in his game.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Nailed his arse n turned and walked away beautifully simple. Looks like such an inoffensive goober does the Lynchman, but geez he's got a healthy does of mongrel in his game.

Said it before he's the smiling assassin. Always looks so innocent on his way to knocking out the opposition.

Just watched the third quarter again. I cannot believe how little attention Jacks tap to dusty for the open goal has got. I've thought about this a few times and then I get distracted by little things, like flags, Pickett, margaritas and that. Fair dinkum, it was one of the best pieces of play I've ever seen Jack flew against 3 Geelong players, 3! was going for the tap a long way out, the opposition players were trying to spoil a mark, not stop a tap. Jack with absolute sublime smarts, strength and timing, has beaten 3 geelong defenders to tap the ball to Dusty on a platinum platter. It happened right in front of me at the ground and I just assumed the commentators would be in raptures. But no, no mention, none.. Just "great goal Dusty"etc. Dunno if the radio was onto it. But on telly, zero. amazing play, amazing, and amazing stupidity for the TV commentators to not realise it.
Bruce commentary on that play totally proves he's way way past it. Utterly missed it. A few of the radio callers, including Tony Shaw of all people, got it right.

Bruce commentary on that play totally proves he's way way past it. Utterly missed it. A few of the radio callers, including Tony Shaw of all people, got it right.

Was amazing stuff from Jackmond, the smartest forward Ive seen.

He knew what he was going to do, Dusty knew it too.

Personally, I was waiting for Geelong to steady then fight be back in the last. Turned out they were completely spent and figjam failed to fire a shot.
They were gone in the last, if we kicked straight a 6 to 7 goals win. That result would really test Scott's tender.

Was amazing stuff from Jackmond, the smartest forward Ive seen.

He knew what he was going to do, Dusty knew it too.

Riewoldt is one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen. His deft knock ons. His reading of the play is unfolding is better than most.

OMG folks. Visiting a Cats supporter, middle aged,sensible, intelligent......ha ha ha.
Adamant that with Hawkins, Duncan and any one else.....Cats would have won !
I mentioned our outs and game day injuries....blank.
I mentioned we kicked 8 to 2 after half time....Cats would have been 8 ahead, so no difference.
Absolutely no, none, recognition of our dominance. Completely delusional.
I was stunned. Not one comment of acceptance.

His wife then said how boring the GF was and why did the Giants play so poorly!
I mentioned Tigers were far better......blank.
Absolutely no recognition of our dominance!
She thought Pies v Giants would have been. A good GF.
OMG......all other team fans are blind and deluded.

We are going out for dinner...will be a quiet night.
I so hope we belt them all for years to come.

Reactions: 5 users
OMG folks. Visiting a Cats supporter, middle aged,sensible, intelligent......ha ha ha.
Adamant that with Hawkins, Duncan and any one else.....Cats would have won !
I mentioned our outs and game day injuries....blank.
I mentioned we kicked 8 to 2 after half time....Cats would have been 8 ahead, so no difference.
Absolutely no, none, recognition of our dominance. Completely delusional.
I was stunned. Not one comment of acceptance.

His wife then said how boring the GF was and why did the Giants play so poorly!
I mentioned Tigers were far better......blank.
Absolutely no recognition of our dominance!
She thought Pies v Giants would have been. A good GF.
OMG......all other team fans are blind and deluded.

We are going out for dinner...will be a quiet night.
You’ll get that from one eyed supporters.

I reckon we have the next 3 years nailed at least. We may not play them in geelong again for quite a while so can't see us losing to them in that time.