Game Day - Tigers v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Blues

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
You may not need to risk that much risk to win the game. If they wanted quick representation around the ball the wingers are just as close? Get them to fly in, doesn’t expose us at the 50m line for Carlton!
Baker move is attack mode 10, wings in is a level 7. It might be a tool like Rance in the centre we'll only see once. Either way had Baker scooped that ball up and launched a 60m torp we'd be screaming genius.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Rewatching the game now.

We should have had 6 goals in the 1st quarter alone, we left a fair amount on the table. Poor kicking at goal from Graham and Lynch (they would have nailed them normally), the charity non-50 against Curnow (how do 4 of them miss that he didn't give the ball back to us but his own team mate), would have taken him to around 25m out from goal and Picketts a good kick for goal. Prestia went for the miracle goal for 1 of the 6 we kicked out on the full, not sure what he was thinking.

2nd quarter we did a lot right too. The Miller kick for goal was horrible, I thought it was wider than that at the game, made it look even worse than I remembered it. Surely all players should be confident about kicking at least a behind from 30m out!

As I thought there was some horrible ball use to Jack inside 50, at least 2, maybe 3 were kicked to Young's advantage. Graham definitely did 1 as did Short (Jack visibly had a go at him about that one).

Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We blew plenty of opportunities in the last quarter. Shai's snap at goal, Taranto burst through to about 35 out, slight angle 2nd guessed himself and there was no shot, Ross's awful set shot at goal. There were a few others that just didn't quite get right. We absolutely should have won that game.

I think we played well, just didn't get the 4 points but importantly didn't win. A lot of what we did was very good, if we just tidy up that little finishing touch, then we will beat a lot of teams this year.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We blew plenty of opportunities in the last quarter. Shai's snap at goal, Taranto burst through to about 35 out, slight angle 2nd guessed himself and there was no shot, Ross's awful set shot at goal. There were a few others that just didn't quite get right. We absolutely should have won that game.

I think we played well, just didn't get the 4 points but importantly didn't win. A lot of what we did was very good, if we just tidy up that little finishing touch, then we will beat a lot of teams this year.

I have to say I felt better after seeing glimpses of other games and reports on how they were played. Our game was high pressure and difficult to find space. The rest of the games sounded like training runs.

I think we need to do more than tidy up the finishing touch though. I was there and the number of kicks into forward 50 that not only weren't to our forwards' advantage but outright straight to the opposition defender was ridiculous. They seemed to be picking out the wrong jumper. Need to get a lot better at this.

DS

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I have to say I felt better after seeing glimpses of other games and reports on how they were played. Our game was high pressure and difficult to find space. The rest of the games sounded like training runs.

I think we need to do more than tidy up the finishing touch though. I was there and the number of kicks into forward 50 that not only weren't to our forwards' advantage but outright straight to the opposition defender was ridiculous. They seemed to be picking out the wrong jumper. Need to get a lot better at this.

DS

Yeah agree. When I say finishing touch, its not just the kicking for goal, but that final kick inside 50. We missed a number that we would normally hit and we can't say it was our poorer ball users giving them. Graham and Short both kicked to the opposite direction that Jack was leading to in the 1st half. Dusty missed a pretty simple kick to Jack into the pocket in the 3rd. Shai kicked to a 2 on 1 (in our favour) in the 1st quarter, that was spoiled by Hollands against both Lynch and I'm not sure who the other was, but it was definitely a 2 v1, a good kick would have been for Tom to run onto not behind him.

Simple and easy kicks there from 4 of our better ball users, and all 4 of them were poor and killed what would have been simple opportunities. Only Jacks from Dusty would have been in the pocket, the other 3 should have fallen somewhere between 10 and 25m out directly in front.

Reactions: 1 user