Game Day - Tigers v Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Blues

Clever play by Miller, he taps to Grimes, Short, Baker, Mansell, Hopper left unattended in the corridor, Lynch.
Goal.
Miller kept the ball alive, as it deflected off the sliding McKay.
Miller's tap sets off the chain reaction.
IMG_20230317_221530.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds a bit silly but I reckon a fit Gibcus will improve our team in the second half of the season , think we need the defender who backs himself to take a grab
Spoke with my medical bloke about Gibcus.
He had an operation that only 3 or 4 surgeons in Melbourne actually perform.
Looks like he picked up an infection during the procedure versus an external infection.
An internal infection is a very nasty thing. It attacks the area that has been surgically repaired and weakens the entire area around it. He suggests he’ll be starting from scratch with his rehab and that it could put him 4-6 weeks behind in his recovery

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
It was a tremendous effort by Mansell.
He outpaces Saad to the wing, who is a fast runner.
Just before the mark, notice it is five Carlton players to one in the immediate zone.
The area was quite well guarded by the Carlton defence, but it wasn't enough.
IMG_20230317_221453.jpg

Did the Dees and Blues come at us more when we had the footy ? We seemed to be under more pressure delivering the ball ?

Heh heh Mark Manure on Crunch Time.

Manure: "You reckon Tigers are good"
Sam Edmund: "Yeah I reckon they're good"
MM: "You reckon they'll win the flag?"
SE: "No I don't reckon they'll win"

So, just to clarify, if we were to beat the rampaging Collingwood I just saw tonight, our secret weapon would be to play Mansell as a defensive forward?

Have I got it right?
Not necessarily on this forum, but other fora (?), forums.
Gutless keyboard generals, getting their knickers in a twist before the game, criticising Mansell and, by extension, the football department selection committee.

Wow. Highbrow intellectual conversation!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

How does that bloke still get a gig in the media.

Reactions: 1 users
It was a tremendous effort by Mansell.
He outpaces Saad to the wing, who is a fast runner.
Just before the mark, notice it is five Carlton players to one in the immediate zone.
The area was quite well guarded by the Carlton defence, but it wasn't enough.
View attachment 18437
I raised it in the umpire thread. How did 4 umps miss the free to Mansell at the start of that clip?

Spoke with my medical bloke about Gibcus.
He had an operation that only 3 or 4 surgeons in Melbourne actually perform.
Looks like he picked up an infection during the procedure versus an external infection.
An internal infection is a very nasty thing. It attacks the area that has been surgically repaired and weakens the entire area around it. He suggests he’ll be starting from scratch with his rehab and that it could put him 4-6 weeks behind in his recovery
Bugger!

Could've been Taz's 1st goal with us and a winning one. Sick and tired of our players' 2 thoughts in mind.

1679115288661.png

How does that bloke still get a gig in the media.
The jerk was so biased that he kept referring to Carlscum as we and us........how can anyone take him seriously?
Minutes later he produced his customary dribble of incoherence regarding players he played with that now have health issues.

Watching this again, cannot believe how many gimmees the Blooze got from these dumb flogs.

Reactions: 1 user
Watched the replay yesterday, get a bit of a closer look at the game compared to up in the stands. Those that bagged the crap out of the Fridge need to retire from watching n commenting on our team as they're fairly obviously clueless.
Yep, he missed a couple of shots at goal in the first qtr, but there's a whole bunch of more highly paid players from both sides also missed shots at goal all game long.
Fridge played a massive game for us all game n was constantly giving the Bloosers buggery. Would've been no surprise to me if he'd nailed those two early shots that'd he'd have ended up with the BOG votes. Easily in our top few players.

Reactions: 10 users
We had 21 more inside 50s, like Dimma said, lacked polish.
He was pleased with the efforts of defence, midfield and stoppage cordons.
We have lost a total of four forwards and mid-forwards since last year's set-up.
It takes time to recreate players the calibre of Sheds and Lambs, composure under pressure, in the forward line hot zone.

Last edited: