Game Day - Tigers V Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers V Blues

Agree.....he's shown more in his 2 Snr games than MRJ has in his Snr appearances.

I like the kid but I dont think he has the footy brain/instinct that real footballers have.

Something that's very hard to teach anyone if they don't have it.

I watched him today, watching his positioning and thats exactly how you describe it. He doesn't actually know where to be and therefore constantly finds himself in no mans land.

Reactions: 1 users
Too many didn't appear to want the game hard enough today and reputations are on the line if they don't get their collective heads into the game. Mind you losing three important players to the injury gods didn't help

Much better effort from the Tigers tonight. Actually played 4 quarters which we haven't done very often of late. Ironic when you think how many injuries we had on the night.

Better contested ball at stoppages and our pressure was much better, less chance for the easy kick from a clearance for Carlton. They were getting harassed all night by Richmond players. That was a clear improvement.

The skills and brain fades let us down a lot. Way too many kicks to the opposition, and we have to find better ways to create space as our players are always under pressure. Must keep working on the skills and a bit more composure - that Mansell miss was composure, he should have gone back and slotted it. Bolton needs to be told what composure is, he doesn't seem to know, and he is wasting his football career at the moment - has the talent but stuffs up way too often.

Pickett is a funny one. I like him and his contributions are often good, but the way he takes chest marks is just weird. No wonder he drops them sometimes. Needs help on a few of his skills, but he ain't alone there.

Carlton were far more polished, they can move the ball well and found outlets around the ground because they were positioning well and providing an outlet, an outlet with some space to roam. It is difficult to always be marking those players as it robs you of defenders further down the ground. All in all though, the fact that they could only just win this one against a team that was 3 players down, 2 of which were key position players and they boast a couple of gun tall forwards, actually does not bode well for Carlton. In that situation they should have won by 5 goals but lacked the ability to do so. Their goal kicking was a mess too, kept us in it to some extent.

Clearly the umpires got a rev up at quarter time. Their first quarter was woeful, imagine, 5-4 free kicks Richmond's way? They certainly hit form in the second though, I think it was 8-1 Carlton's way, now that;s a performance the AFL can be truly proud of. There were some woeful decisions. That one where the Carlton player got in the back was ridiculous, you want to pay them, pay it every time it happens. There was one goal Carlton got where, I think it might have been Cripps, did a rugby throw out of a pack to a team mate who kicked a goal. 4 umpires, and they can't see that? Gross incompetence. There was a Carlton mark Ablett would have been proud of, I think he controlled the ball for a nano-second.

Let's see if we can beat Port next week, with an effort like that we would be a chance, but the injuries will cost us (thanks for the 5 day break you arseholes).

DS

Reactions: 19 users
Throwing should be allowed. Cripps throws it almost every time. Allmplayers do. It's a blight on the game.

My respect for umpires is its lowest ever. Miserable cheating *smile*.

Reactions: 6 users
Throwing should be allowed. Cripps throws it almost every time. Allmplayers do. It's a blight on the game.

There's a passage of play on the southern stand wing, where the ball is getting tossed out like its in a scrum.

We are now officially the dumbest team. Massive re-education needed Ooze.
Our errors and skill deficiencies are truly shocking. And yet could have and should have won ... with 3 men down and rigged umpiring.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought our effort was outstanding last night, particularly with 3 key players injured. We just haven't got enough players who can be good enough for long enough.

Reactions: 2 users
Last night we found out a few things

- Josh Gibcus cannot be planned around and may just be a serviceable bonus once all is said and done.

- Seth Campbell is serious. This is wonderful news as we need games in kids pronto.

- MRJ won’t make it as a pressure forward. Midfield or bust.

- Grimes, Broad and Vlastuin still have plenty to give in 2024.

- Balta is still improving. This surprises and excites me.

- Bolton is - IMHO - trade bait for a young transitioning team. Little on field leadership nor the desire to develop said leadership.

- Hopper and Taranto are going to be very good players for us. Both 100-150 game life members.

- We are a poor, poor tackling side.

- We lack the requisite speed to break lines both offensively and defensively.

- We lack the requisite skill to score easy goals.

- Our list is actually in a diabolical place age profile wise and exposed form. We need picks, picks, picks.

- Adem Yze could not have impressed me more thus far. I believe we have a master tactician, I’ve been saying it all along. People-wise I think he has improved over the journey, it doesn’t come naturally to him. But tactics are innate in his blood. He is the AFL’s Postecoglou, that’s what I’ve heard people who know him. I am fascinated with how he can engineer wins for us like he almost did last night. More than that, I am fascinated with what he will do with an exciting young list.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
There's 2 Carlton lying on the ball, no Richmond player on them and the goose called ball up
I cannot tell you how many holding the balls they got and how many holding the ball we didn't get.
Durdin was holding the ball before Balta falls into his back.
That 50 was more like 70metres.
The Baker 50 incurred a few steps inside centre square. man on mark should have been at extreme on the forward 50 arc. Not 5 m further toward goal.

- Adem Yze could not have impressed me more thus far. I believe we have a master tactician, I’ve been saying it all along. People-wise I think he has improved over the journey, it doesn’t come naturally to him. But tactics are innate in his blood. He is the AFL’s Postecoglou, that’s what I’ve heard people who know him. I am fascinated with how he can engineer wins for us like he almost did last night. More than that, I am fascinated with what he will do with an exciting young list.
Yep just listened to his post game presser. He is going to take us places. Really liked his comments about forward flair and defensive rules.

Reactions: 1 users
The Baker 50 incurred a few steps inside centre square. man on mark should have been at extreme on the forward 50 arc. Not 5 m further toward goal.
They worked it out as 57m.

The square is 50m long. Too hard for the midget twerps to use that?

Dunstall says we all make mistakes. Why do they never fall in our favour.

I now realise why Blues supporters were booing at qtr time. The frees were 5-5. The supporters were simply reminding the midget twerps of the identity of their opponents. It was Richmond. The team with a -350plus differential over the last 5 odd years. WTF were the twerps doing with an even free kick count?
The twerps got the message.

Reactions: 4 users
Carlton shouldn’t be too cocky after tonite. Very lucky win there
The ones I was talking to post game had utmost respect for our effort & said whilst we got the rub of the green early, acknowledged we got shafted by the umps from then on.
Voss too paid us a lot of credit in his press conference.

Reactions: 3 users
Balta played forward, back and ruck, sometimes all at the same time. He is the Scomo of Richmond! (Wish there was someone more inspiring to make that joke about.)
Hope he doesn't *smile* off to Hawaii when things get tough.
Did appear to roam all over the ground as you say.
Keep it going, ArkMan.

How screwed did we get on this early fixture. Cost us any chance of the first game with needing to rest Dusty Lynch so they could get up from the second game. Plus we basically signalled (as pointed out (in elegant Dyerese) by Dyer'ere) to the rest of the group that round 0 was a bit of a write off anyway and focus on the second game.

Cost us big time in the second game by popping Prestia's hammies (although we shuldn't have played him) and needing to kick cobwebs off the players that couldn't play week 1.

*smile* you AFL

Yeah, I lost count of how many times Cripps does the 2 handed throw. Absolute *smile* how he gets away with it. The cheating on field game controllers just turn a blind eye.
The on field game controllers are a mob of cheating pricks, organised by a corrupt sports entertainment organisation.
Both of them can gagf