Game Day - Tigers V Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers V Blues

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
3 players down. 5 day break. Maggots butt pounded us. I went home very proud, but we should have gone home with the 4 points.

I walked past Benny Gale after the game. If I was quicker on my feet, I would have told him that its time to say something and cop the fine. The cheating was up there with the Brisbane final.

To finish off, I don’t wanna say I told you so… but I told you so. I said by the end of the month we would have 3-4 players go down with soft tissue injuries due to the 5 day break in the first week. It only took 5 days for the first victim. Any predictions as to who will be next?

Reactions: 1 user

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Tossed and turned all night thinking about the game and overall feeling really positive about what lies ahead. We've got half a dozen kids in the VFL putting their hand up for selection and a terrific match day coach. An emerging superstar who can play key defence, ruck, on ball and forward wtf. We're not bottoming out, there are plenty of wins left in this group.

Reactions: 3 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
The ones I was talking to post game had utmost respect for our effort & said whilst we got the rub of the green early, acknowledged we got shafted by the umps from then on.
Voss too paid us a lot of credit in his press conference.
Sums up our situation with the umps when being 5-5 at quarter time is deemed getting the rub of the green! :)

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cripps disguises his throws by curling up his right hand into a fist while throwing. Alot of players are doing this but the umps let it go.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I now realise why Blues supporters were booing at qtr time. The frees were 5-5. The supporters were simply reminding the midget twerps of the identity of their opponents. It was Richmond. The team with a -350plus differential over the last 5 odd years. WTF were the twerps doing with an even free kick count?
The twerps got the message.
yes -350 but how many free kicks do we NOT get???
350???

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
disappointed with the result, however, was super proud of our team's fight. Early days, but Balta and Lynch is the real deal. this combination will create many problems for all the other teams to hold.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Put the umpires to side for a minute.
Yze needs to come up with a solution to Midfielders that go off the leash.
Last week Rowell made us look stupid and Last night Cripps was responsible for Carlton getting back in to the game.
Who's 1 player big enough, fit enough and displined enough to tag these types.
We need a Steve Sziller.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
On 1 funny note from last night.
Was Flappers efforts on Curnow :ROFLMAO:
Those arms were flapping and swinging he was on the verge of taking off.

• Haha

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
These Thursday Round 1 games are now 9-1- 6 In our favour.
5th biggest crowd of the 16.
in none of these years have both teams finished the season in the 8. (Aberration of 2013 doesn’t count)

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
I wake up this morning feeling exhausted. So many emotions.

Reckon for parts of the game we shone brightly. Perhaps too brightly for the footy gods.

The Ooze may prove to be quite something.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
They worked it out as 57m.

The square is 50m long. Too hard for the midget twerps to use that?

Dunstall says we all make mistakes. Why do they never fall in our favour.
Why don't the AFL have and distance overlay like the NFL. Then exactly 50m can be paid.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The ones I was talking to post game had utmost respect for our effort & said whilst we got the rub of the green early
The crazy thing is, the frees to Lynch were both there. TDK pushed him in the back on the ruck contest and Young made front on contact without watching the ball. They are free kicks every time. Yet they booed the umpires for some sort of injustice?

We didn't get the rub of the green we got adjudicated fairly. For a quarter.

Reactions: 6 users
Feb 25, 2007
Felling many emotions, wasnt to upset which i normally am losing close games but proud of the boys with 3 down and still fighting till the end. Balta going back in the last (due to gibbo and young off) did hurt our structure because he was an aerial threat up froward before that and lynch was double teamed, more times than not in the last .

All i will say is the umpires decided that game in the last. Balta runs down owies, owies throws himself forward and gets the free and goal = criminal. Perfect tackle and should've been rewarded.
Baker even though he gave away the 50 the ump gives dekoning a 70 meter penalty which was ridiculous and he goaled.

Don't want to say to much about certain players as im sure many have already but Mansell ffs another costly miss 5 meters out. Bring in someone like Clarke who has skill and can finish off his work. It was a crucial part of the game late in the 3rd, would've put us 13 points up heading into the last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
All i will say is the umpires decided that game in the last.

No. They didn't help but our silly errors cost us the game. But some leniency on the errors as we must have been exhausted with only 2 on the bench from halftime onwards/

Feb 25, 2007
No. They didn't help but our silly errors cost us the game. But some leniency on the errors as we must have been exhausted with only 2 on the bench from halftime onwards/

Yep, our silly turnovers more so in the last but fatigue can do that. Blues 3 goals in the last were all by umping decisions so definitely played more than a part.
On SEN on the way home to hear Carlton supporters say we got away with that or lucky to win etc

Non rich and carl supporters calling in saying i quote Richmond robbed in the last quarter

Anyway, it doesn't change the result but was hoping like hell we got another goal at the end to win it.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We lost by 5 points, pretty sure they corrected it because I remember thinking 6pts margin was setting ourselves up for another draw like last year.