Game Day - Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Cats

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Looking at the result on the Brightside, around this time last year we flooded the Pies, a couple months later with pretty much there full team back on the park, they flogged us, funny game is football, confidence can come and go very quickly

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
leon said:
Hello, Baron, are you there? This is one for you. Our skilful team eh?

Style of play has more to do with kicking efficiency than skilfulness. We exploit that with our pressure game.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
leon said:

Of course we're skilful, look at the way we played against Freo. But Adelaide were going to beat us with skill in 2017. Sometimes you're not allowed to be skilful, and it falls to other things.

We mixed it, we held up for a quarter and then were physically overpowered.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
artball said:
good stats right there.. Caddy stood out as particularly bad last night.. he was woeful ..

Team overal:
Conversion at 41.7%
Geelong was 66.7%

Inside 50 was interesting
Us 52
Geelong 49

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
se7en said:
Team overal:
Conversion at 41.7%
Geelong was 66.7%

Inside 50 was interesting
Us 52
Geelong 49

Huge difference. Hawkins can’t miss, lynch can’t kick
Huge difference. Kelly kicks beautifully, Prestia kicks like a donkey
Huge difference. Duncan runs into goal and kicks it, Caddy runs into goal and kicks it on the full.
Huge difference. Hawkins handballs Kelly goal, Lynch can’t even get to the ball, let alone handball.

Numbers mean *smile*. They could’ve went inside 12 times and they would’ve still kicked a winning score.
Our deplorable skills were on Show.
Maybe the AFL should stop putting us on showcase nights

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
leon said:

This is quite a ridiculous post.

You’re using Cotchin, Martin etc to demonstrate our unskilled we are?

I have no words Leon ...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigerlandishome said:
Geez, there's a lot of knicker- wetting going on in here. Well done :clap

Yep, knicker-wetting sums it up well. Unfortunately it only takes a few weeks of adversity for some posters' true colours to come out again on PRE.

With our injuries this season I'm surprised we didn't have this run of losses earlier - we've done well to get where we are. Our young guns and b-graders did well to keep it it together but fatigue and injuries have finally kicked in. Add to that young heads drop when oppo sides get a run on, and you get results like Friday.

Bye can't come soon enough. We'll drop the Adelaide game too but we've got a strong run of home games at the G to look forward to after the bye round.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Baron Samedi said:
This is quite a ridiculous post.

You’re using Cotchin, Martin etc to demonstrate our unskilled we are?

I have no words Leon ...

Hard to talk when you’re laughing that hard.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
On booing Ablett, i booed cos i expected him to whack someone and start a fight. I was disappointed he got thru the game without doing so.

acatman1

Tiger Superstar
Sep 18, 2016
Brodders17 said:
On booing Ablett, i booed cos i expected him to whack someone and start a fight. I was disappointed he got thru the game without doing so.

Yeah cos in 15 season and 300 games he did 3 dumb things.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Hurts to say it, but Geelong have been very smart again with their recruiting. Bringing in Rohan, Dahlhaus and Myers has given their forward line a whole new and dangerous dynamic. It appears that their team has just the right balance of height, speed, strength, skill, experience and youth. They scored 24 times out of 52 inside 50 entries. Their players are playing with great confidence and team spirit. Hurts to say it, but it seems the GFC is on a premiership mission this year. Like the bad old days, they made the RFC look like a bunch of hackers. Prestia, who is a smart footballer normally, was so spooked by the GFC pressure that at one stage he handballed directly to a Geelong player who was standing ten metres clear on his own and that player then proceeded to kick a ridiculously easy goal.

MorrisMinor

Tiger Rookie
Mar 24, 2014
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
MorrisMinor said:
Re. Ablett booing.. at the game my daughter was booing loudly... I asked why... "Because of his homo-phobic comments on social media"... So I joined in! Great player, needs to disown his comments IMO..
Is booing racist thes days??

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Kicking efficiency is just another stat. Modern footy is all about pressure and midfield run and spread. First quarter we were great, then we stopped pressure and running. Geelong went up some gears and game over.
I know it a simple analysis but if you do not work hard to pressure and run hard back and forth, then you will never be in the game

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
tigertough said:
Kicking efficiency is just another stat. Modern footy is all about pressure and midfield run and spread. First quarter we were great, then we stopped pressure and running. Geelong went up some gears and game over.
I know it a simple analysis but if you do not work hard to pressure and run hard back and forth, then you will never be in the game

Correct TT.

And without run and spread efficiency goes down as we pass to contests.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
MorrisMinor said:

According to the AFL there can be only one reason for booing. And if you have a different reason, you need to change it. Conform, goddamn you!

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
MorrisMinor said:

This is exactly why I booed him! :clap :clap

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Tenacious Tiges said:
Is booing racist thes days??

It is when its convenient.

It was when it was Adam Goodes being booed, which was amazing that he was the only aboriginal player in the entire competition getting booed and he had other aboriginal lads in his team ie Jetta and NONE OF THEM were booed.

Goodes was booed because he became a cheating sniping whinging prick.

Another instance where stupidity and faux outrage cited division over nothing that had anything to do with racism.

Wasnt booed because he was aboriginal, but the wanker played the race card anyway.