Game Day - Tigers v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Roos

jb03 said:
Only caught a bit tonight and he did seem to be waffling out some pointless stats

Yep. Most of his dialogue were repetitive words I'm sure I've heard weeks before. Just went through the motions.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
loss
3 wins
loss
3 wins
loss

Like clockwork.

Interesting. Let it continue so we'll end up 16-7 and in top 4. The last 3 wins to a flag.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
loss
3 wins
loss
3 wins
loss

Like clockwork.

Next game will break the clock and officially losing more H&A games than last year. Just can't see how we beat Geelong.

tigerlove said:
Next game will break the clock and officially losing more H&A games than last year. Just can't see how we beat Geelong.

Starts with M and ends in G

Midsy said:
Stack
Garthwaite
Balta
Baker
Soldo
Higgins
Bolton

A third of our team have barely played 50 games between them. Consistency will be an issue. Cotchin coming back not having played for 7 weeks also makes it hard.

Games like this are going to happen.

This ^^^.

I read ALL the comments here, some close to the mark and some just laughable. I pencilled this is a likely loss against these clowns as soon as their coaching issue became public knowing they'd be playing for their jobs bc of the new coach. My other concern was that our young guys were due for a downer.

To be fair, they were way more aggressive, worked harder to get to contests and we did'nt deal with it, esp in the 3rd and we looked slow and used it poorly. Two of those d!ckheads in green made it even harder paying out BS frees that were'nt paid at the other end (std V RFC)

My alarm bells started ringing real loud after their 2nd qtr misses.

Next week will show where we are with the crew that we have at our disposal atm.

zippadeee said:
But again Hardwick selects a team that just got outmuscled by bugger bodies.
They were taking it up the middle a lot better than us.

Well that was crap.

You know you're in trouble when the other side looks like they have more players on the ground. Whenever they were in a pack with the ball they always had someone to handpass it to. If the ball was just kicked out in a hurry it was generally a North Melbourne player who was near wherever it went. Our delivery into the forward line was a carbon copy of the mess that it was against Footscray.

We had more inside 50s than they did, against Footscray we were very close, Footscray by a few from memory. Yet in both games we were soundly beaten.

Even against Essendon we struggled to get the ball past half back at times, tonight the only way we got it out was when they kicked a goal. That needs fixing.

That ground just seems to suck the life out of Richmond, we look like a no-pressure team there.

They not only won more clearances out of the centre, their clearances were way more effective than ours.

Analyse the game, see where we screwed up, make some changes and get on with it.

DS

If this team isnt applying manic pressure, they aint skillful enough to beat teams. How many times do we miss targets by foot and hand.
When we apply pressure and tackle hard we win more than not but when the pressure is down we really struggle.

ratbastad said:
This ^^^.

I read ALL the comments here, some close to the mark and some just laughable. I pencilled this is a likely loss against these clowns as soon as their coaching issue became public knowing they'd be playing for their jobs bc of the new coach. My other concern was that our young guys were due for a downer.

To be fair, they were way more aggressive, worked harder to get to contests and we did'nt deal with it, esp in the 3rd and we looked slow and used it poorly. Two of those d!ckheads in green made it even harder paying out BS frees that were'nt paid at the other end (std V RFC)

My alarm bells started ringing real loud after their 2nd qtr misses.

Next week will show where we are with the crew that we have at our disposal atm.

Hence why you will find most posters give the Game Day board a miss.

Geez I miss some of the old-time commentators such as Drew Morphett and Doug Heywood who simply called the game, celebrated the great plays and great players and didn't openly barrack for a team during the play. Really takes away from watching. Ling and BT really should have just shown up in North guernseys.

SkillzThatKillz said:
This is a danger game. No doubt about it.

A new coach, and some North players playing for their careers.

Goldstein should kill Soldo in the ruck and don't write off Cunnington - he has had a better year than any of our mids.

Just for those who were convinced we would easily win this one and shot me down.

AstuteTiger said:
If this team isnt applying manic pressure, they aint skillful enough to beat teams. How many times do we miss targets by foot and hand.
When we apply pressure and tackle hard we win more than not but when the pressure is down we really struggle.

Yep.

Our strength is our system and the way players buy into it.

Talent wise there isn’t much between us and most other clubs i reckon, especially with the players we are missing. It comes down to system.

If the system breaks down, or there isn’t complete buy in, we are in trouble.

AstuteTiger said:

It just doesn't make sense. Tbey can have the pressure game going at turbo speed on the bigger MCG but as soon as they run onto kryptonite stadium they looked like the energy has been sucked ouf of them.

Batchelor Party said:
Geez I miss some of the old-time commentators such as Drew Morphett and Doug Heywood who simply called the game, celebrated the great plays and great players and didn't openly barrack for a team during the play. Really takes away from watching. Ling and BT really should have just shown up in North guernseys.

BT actually thinks he's funny!!!! :rofl He'd be the only person in Australia to think that.
His commentary is ****** embarrassing and makes me cringe.

We just wernt up for the fight last night. North were much tougher and more aggressive. You can't beat anyone when the opposition dominates the contested ball like that. Jack Graham and Towner have a big opportunity if they play alright today. Dusty, Houli Baker and Stacky the only pass marks.