Game Day - Tigers v Roos | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Roos

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Tigers of Old said:
Credit to the Roos. They completely owned us inside the contest last night.

so many blokes in and around the ball i wondered if they had an extra 10 players out there

we were killed. poor decision making didn't help. felt like our final ball was missing whether in a chain of movement or forward entry. we fluffed it under the pressure the Roos came with.

thought missing Rance, Jack and Nank really showed ..

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
Credit to the Roos. They completely owned us inside the contest last night.

Yep, we were smashed us in the contest.

Kudos to Norf, they were well organized. We were unable to get repeat entries into the forward line, or keep the ball in there.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Dev Tiger said:
We just wernt up for the fight last night. North were much tougher and more aggressive. You can't beat anyone when the opposition dominates the contested ball like that. Jack Graham and Towner have a big opportunity if they play alright today. Dusty, Houli Baker and Stacky the only pass marks.
Im agree Dev we needed bigger bodies out there last night and Towner and Jack would have helped us.

E

easy_tiger

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
loss
3 wins
loss
3 wins
loss

Like clockwork.

I'll take that. What? 16-7.

Our losses are concerning in that they all seem attributable to 1. No Rance and 2. our midgetdom.

our losses have all been >40

A second string forward kicks a bag (Mydolecheck, Naughton, Wood, Finlayson)

We get dominated in the air.

Our backline becomes increasingly shambolic.

I suppose the advantage of losing with a theme, is it should be more easily rectified?

the flip side of this, is that it can't be rectified, or it would have been?

As you know, Im no chicken little.

But it dawned on me in the darkest hour before this dawn,

that we can't win the flag without Sir Rancelot. I know this is not an original thought.

but its the first time in my head.

and please note, im not saying we can't win the flag.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
AstuteTiger said:
If this team isnt applying manic pressure, they aint skillful enough to beat teams. How many times do we miss targets by foot and hand.
When we apply pressure and tackle hard we win more than not but when the pressure is down we really struggle.

They showed a stat last night before the game & we are actually ranked 17th or something like that for pressure this year.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I will probably get shot down but i no longer enjoy when we get a Fri night game. The same one sided commentary team gets those games and more times than not we get "Look at me look at me" Chamberpot as an ump. I can see commercially why Tigers want Fri night but just not enjoyable any smore to watch.

E

easy_tiger

percyms said:
I will probably get shot down but i no longer enjoy when we get a Fri night game. The same one sided commentary team gets those games and more times than not we get "Look at me look at me" Chamberpot as an ump. I can see commercially why Tigers want Fri night but just not enjoyable any smore to watch.

I hate how your entire weekends happiness goes on the line.

although, I reckon next weekend, I'll be deliriously happy all weekend.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
easy said:
I hate how your entire weekends happiness goes on the line.

although, I reckon next weekend, I'll be deliriously happy all weekend.

Hope your right Easy. The Cats will have a howler some time this year as no team is so much better than the rest of the comp that they will play great all year. Cud easily b us as Tigers have responded well after a lose this year.....

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
percyms said:
I agreed Percy. I was never sure why Friday night was that desirable. I’m an old traditionalist I know, but give me Saturday afternoon any time. The things you mention disillusion me more to Friday night.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They were 2nd last 7 days ago.
What a disgraceful performance.
Im shattered today

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
For whatever reason Norf have a very good record over us in Dimmas time, there was no doubt they were always going to come out fired up , it was just a matter of could if we knock the confidence out of them before they got going. I thought the frees payed to Brown were big turning points and also the free to Goldstein in the centre after he dropped the ball just got them going.

I think in recent weeks we’ve had a few things go our way and last night it was simply the opposite and that’s what happens in such a tight competition.

At the end of the day when we don’t have our 3 most important players as well as the running machine Lambert it’s always going to be hard to keep winnning, imho we are doing ok at the half way mark considering everything

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I've been hinting the *smile* out of it trying to get the stats from L2 on mid season coach sacking single win bounce factor. L2 COME ON I'M DYIN HERE!

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
The Big Richo said:
I saw the stats somewhere during the week for sides the week after a coach gets sacked. It's a massive myth, the winning percentage was pretty low.

Yeah it was something like 3 out of 12.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The Big Richo said:
I saw the stats somewhere during the week for sides the week after a coach gets sacked. It's a massive myth, the winning percentage was pretty low.

Fair dinkum?

They always play out of their skins though, even if they don't get up

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
The Big Richo said:

What about against the RFC? I bet it’s a massive outlier!

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
My main observations from last night:

The result had nothing to do with the stadium. To those of you who weren't there, I can assure you that, no matter where the humans placed themselves, there was always much more of the green stuff than people. We lost because it appeared as if North had spent at least five minutes before the game working out how to use the green stuff to create space for run and carry and clean delivery. In our case, Dimma must have said to the players, as they trotted up the race, "Regarding your relationship with the green stuff, just make it up as you go along."

I also got the impression that, before they took the field, North may have discussed – and even practised! – effective ways of setting up around stoppages – they always had a man or two in the clear, 5-10 metres off the contest. In our case, I think our Club doctor had said, "Those people in blue and white could have boy germs, so it's best not to go near them."

Generally speaking, our lads showed great discipline in following these instructions to a tee.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hard to believe but our VFL team is about to get done against the Kangas as well as us last night.

tigertough

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
Credit to the Kangas.
They closed off our switch, closed off our ability to play on, closed the middle of the ground and forced us to kick to a contest where they were able to win the mark or the contested balls.
Next week will say more about where we are.