Game Day - Tigers v Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tigers v Swans

Also hard to do precision kicking when ...
1. the opposition give you no space to lead into, and
2. the drizzling rain makes the ball wet.
Possibly explains why we persisted with long kicks to Jack and Tom and hoped that our small fwds would kick some crumbing goals. When they did get their hands on it they were swamped by too many hard-tackling defenders.
Certainly need to find a solution 'cause North will try the same tactics this week.
Think a lot of our players don't have what you would call silky skills. Lack clean handling and precision kicking. We rely on other strengths..

I see Pridham has had a crack also. What a flog. Shut your mouth u Eddie wannabe

Reactions: 1 user
I see Pridham has had a crack also. What a flog. Shut your mouth u Eddie wannabe

Who?
And what did he say?

Im with Oldie on this, for a team that has been the most dominate over the last 3 years,
We still haven't got the respect others get. Collingwood get more .

Think a lot of our players don't have what you would call silky skills. Lack clean handling and precision kicking. We rely on other strengths..
But the shortened Qs have removed one of our major strengths - teams can stay fresh enough to run out these 20m Qs and not get fatigued in red-time which we would normally be able to exploit.

But the shortened Qs have removed one of our major strengths - teams can stay fresh enough to run out these 20m Qs and not get fatigued in red-time which we would normally be able to exploit.

Agree totally.
The shorter qtrs and longer breaks have dragged us back to the pack.
I must admit also, we don't look primed and considering the qtrs are shorter we look more tired then the opposition.
Higgins was bent over and Jack had his hands on his head.
Maybe we aren't 100% fit either

The over reaction to one game is astounding. It seem like many in the media want every game to be a replica of the 89 Grand Final. There are always poor games and always good games.

Reactions: 4 users
Partly our fault apparently......

He's provided a still with the ball in Sydney's forward line. That's not where the problem was.

Agree totally.
I must admit also, we don't look primed and considering the qtrs are shorter we look more tired then the opposition.
Also agree; we were definitely a much fitter and faster team at the end of '19.
But we've done a lot of celebrating since then.

Agree totally.

Saw Higind give up on a chase that he mentally wanted to pursue but just couldn't. Maybe burns up,too many petrol tickets.

I've seen some of the game and it is pretty clear that our forward connection continues to not quite be there, as has been the case since the restart.

I think you are being generous there.

Despite the flooding, which was definitely there especially when you see 12 Sydney players up against 6 Richmond players in our forward 50, our delivery inside 50 needs to massively improve. We have found ways through this before, we just seem incapable at the moment.

That was the single most frustrating game I think I have ever watched.

DS

Reactions: 4 users
Who?
And what did he say?

Im with Oldie on this, for a team that has been the most dominate over the last 3 years,
We still haven't got the respect others get. Collingwood get more .

Real smartarse said maybe they should make a new rule and just have the reigning premier coach all eighteen teams

Good idea flog guarantees Longmire will never coach again

The footy shows are just bulkshiit

Lloyd picked out some irrelevant footage of Graham's kick falling short and Mills marking as the goalkeeper. That's not what the issue was. Why not show some of the myriad intercepts from attempted passes to Richmond forwards?

Fact is that Sydney is 17th for scoring which is their lowest ranking ever, worse even than the dark days of 1992-93 and the 2005 flag (14th). But they were 4th-6th from 2012-17, so it's not as though Longmire doesn't know how to coach attacking football. He simply chose not to, and scuttled the match.

Reactions: 1 users
Robbo reckons Longmire won the flght.
Brown Reckons we allowed Cathwaite to play loose up the ground, leaving Mills alone in the back line.
Pity Blockhead can't count to see the extra 4 Sydney players goal keeping.
The footy shows are just bulkshiit
I didn't think Garth was playing! Maybe it was Kamdyn?

I didn't think Garth was playing! Maybe it was Kamdyn?

Blockhead showed footage on the couch and mentioned Cathwaite as the player.
The footage actually had a tag with Cathwaite written on it.
I know he wasn't playing

Real smartarse said maybe they should make a new rule and just have the reigning premier coach all eighteen teams

Good idea flog guarantees Longmire will never coach again

Sorry mate.
I know who your talking about.
The cluless sydney president.
The only time you hear from him is when someone criticise's the club.
He is a jack Russell, always barking about some shiit

• Haha
Have a read kids.
This just proves longmire was bullshiiting and Hardwick had no answers

Attachments

• 20200714_170527.jpg
    20200714_170527.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 41
19 possessions inside your own 50
Thats disgraceful, i would rather lose by 10 goals trying to score then, 19 touches in 100 minute's of football.

Attachments

• 20200714_171353.jpg
    20200714_171353.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 22