GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles

Not really sure where we are at to be honest. I wrote us off last year and in 2019 so I’m hoping it’s the same story…. But I’m less convinced.

Reactions: 1 users
We've already lost our air of invincibility.

The Swans, Cats and GoDeez demolished it.

We are resembling Hawthorn 2016 right now still putting in the odd impressive quarter here and there but the fear factor is diminishing.
Yep 2018 we lost 4 games for the season . 2019 6. 2020 4 all be it a shorter season. We don:t look near it this year. Even wins against teams like Hawks and Essendon flattered us. And yes we have players to come back but I am concerned about the number of injuries of late as our list ages.

Top 4 is basically done now. Last time 14 wins got you a top 4 birth is 2010. Otherwise 15 or 16. Means we need to win 8 or 9 out of 9. We havent won more than 2 in a row this season. I think realistically top 8 is the focus now. 5 more wins should get us there, 6 highly likely, likely 7 wins to make 5th or 6th.

4 finals wins to take home the premiership? Not even contemplating that atm. Very unlikely.

We win 7 of our last 9 minimum. With that head of steam they will fear us when it matters. Nobody wants us in the finals, particularly Demons/Dogs. It baffles me why people get so caught in these mid season games, 4pts aside we got what we needed out of that game. Worse case scenario we finish 5th or 6th with a home final & a chip on our shoulder
It shouldn't baffle. We're going to have to match our 2019 effort to win it from here. 2019 was like the immaculate conception. Didn't lose a game from this point on after being 7 and 6. Our list was also 2 years younger. The era's over I believe but what an era it was.

The named best players for WC were named as:_
Kennedy, Naitanui, Redden, Sheed, Hurn, Foley, L.Edwards
They forgot to name Haussen, Rosebury and Dore

If the surface was up to standard , Dusty doesn’t slip and we go 23 points up , simple whole different day , however
That's a really good point. Broady slipped at a crucial time also, and K-mac spent most of the game horizontal.

It's lauded as a world class stadium, yet the grass is like an ice skating rink

Reactions: 1 user
Coming into the game
The only Wc player's that worried me were Ryan, Kennedy and Yeo.
All played a part in the last qtr to bend us over.
For a bloke that has missed 12 months with Op Yeo fked us in the last qtr.
10 possessions 8 inside 50's.
Not bad for a XBrisbane dud

Positives:

Vlastuin aside from one kick is BACK

Houli is 85% BACK

Lambo needs another game but proved how much we'd missed him

Cholly faded, but worked hard against an overrated lazy ruckman. Step forward.

CCJ looked dangerous when we used him

We just did the hardest road trip in footy TWICE without coming home and only lost because of inept, spineless, crowd affirming umpiring and cos we were absolutely cooked.

Reactions: 3 users
woken up feeling ok. stupid errors cost us that, we should've won. a couple of umpire howlers - Ryans kick to Kennedy was maybe 10 metres? but that's the norm. weird game, timing was off for us all over the place.

Reactions: 2 users
September will be a choking, stifling phone box like it always is. All those teams getting away with pretty lace-out footy won’t get it when the pressure ramps up.

We are still kings of finals footy intensity and this will be precisely the element certain other teams won’t be ready for.
Unfortunately I’m not sure if this will happen in finals with the new rules in place. It’s hard to ramp up the pressure when you can’t man the mark properly. There are more options for the man in possession.
Our best 22 is gonna be hard to defeat but it brings the pissweak uncontested teams like the bulldogs and cats closer to us.

two super weird last quarters in two weeks now????

strange times.

the Ryan pass to Kennedy was probably 15.1 actual metric metres, but yes it was clearly sub 15 umpire metres.

Marlion's tackle was textbook perfect

Vlastuins kickout and Kmacs night was like bush 2nds skills.

I think the Dads (namely Jack and Cotchy) were missing their kids and thinking footy is *smile*

and I think the frequent flyer miles got a hold of us.

That's a really good point. Broady slipped at a crucial time also, and K-mac spent most of the game horizontal.

It's lauded as a world class stadium, yet the grass is like an ice skating rink
Definitely not a sour grapes thing for me MCR, however 2 weeks in a row that surface has played like a bush ground in the middle of winter

Also reckon we desperately needed the bye this week. Was one game too many
Yeah I agree. We should’ve taken the bye. The only reason this game was brought forward was so we could stay in WA after the Dreamtime game but what do we do, we accept the game being brought forward and we fly back to Sydney. Dumb. Would’ve also allowed another week to get Prestia and nank right.

4. Backline needs two athletic talls. Balta is one but who is the other? Grimes, Vlaustin & Broad all utilities. Astbury looks almost done but is Miller up to it?

we need to poach Jiath from the dorks - he has been terrific this year and would be a good recruiting target for us.
thing is that out of all our youth, probably only Dow & maybe Collier-Dawkins look elite. Still hoping Stack will recover what he had in 2019, but we need more elite talent regardless.
Hopefully stack and MRJ will provide much needed ooomph. And then there’s Parker- he could maybe hold down a wing. Macca had a very ordinary game last night and Picketts disposal is still a worry.

Well well well.
That sucked balls.
Not much to say really, we dominated more than they did.
I said to my mate at the half time break, we have missed/failed to take so many opportunities and should have had a 4 to 5 goal lead. It felt like we were 30 points up. The Eagles didn't miss their opportunities, this was one of 2 differences for me.
Kennedy has not played that good for years, we couldn't match him he burnt Noah all night. My second difference was that they had 3 talls who didn't get shorter in the last and we had 1 tall and 5 small defenders. And that along with missed opportunities was the game for mine.
Regarding the umps, I wouldn't have noticed them much if I didn't have 5 WC old ladies sitting behind me whining like stuck pigs about how unfair it was that they were being done over by the umps. I felt like I was at an Essendon game from the 90s. The umps had no choice but to pay the last mark, it was lucky to be 10 meters at best, but the players couldn't hear the whistle im sure anyway.
Lastly, that ground was so loud in the last 5 mins. Deafening, no one could hear the siren. But on the replay at home it didn't reflect the atmosphere in the slightest.
Its a great ground to watch the footy at.

Reactions: 6 users
anyone else blueing with the Mrs after either 1) language used after the siren and/or 2) the volume used of said language.
I solved this as follows - while the team warms up before the game, I practise swearing non-stop under my breath, then repeat the process during the breaks.

This usually works.

But not always.

I'm currently writing this from my hospital bed, recovering from what triage officially recorded as 'multiple head injuries consistent with those received from a good clobbering with a George Foreman Grill'.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Yeah I agree. We should’ve taken the bye. The only reason this game was brought forward was so we could stay in WA after the Dreamtime game but what do we do, we accept the game being brought forward and we fly back to Sydney. Dumb. Would’ve also allowed another week to get Prestia and nank right.
I didn't follow the talk leading up to the change of date. Did we have an option or did the AFL just say they are bringing it forward?

If it had stayed in Round 14 we would have flown home to Melb. And as Vic is still a COVId hot spot we could not have returned to Perth this Thursday. AFL would have had to switch it to Sydney or Tas and we win the game.