GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Eagles

Dunno about pubs mate, but anyone else blueing with the Mrs after either 1) language used after the siren and/or 2) the volume used of said language.

I know Leysy was.

yeah I disgraced myself.

any tips on dealing with tiger loss depression/familial disgrace

on a Monday?

Dunno about pubs mate, but anyone else blueing with the Mrs after either 1) language used after the siren and/or 2) the volume used of said language.

I know Leysy was.

yeah I disgraced myself.

any tips on dealing with tiger loss depression/familial disgrace

on a Monday?

Vaulstin played his best game tonight
But that turn over was disastrous
Yep was the mistake that gave them the belief and momentum to win the game, and dropped our heads.

Was worse than Dustys screw up and even Georges dumb kick as it handed them a goal on a platter.

Shorts 50 was dumb and unforgiveable also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Never ever is a game turned on ONE mistake, but yep, that certainly was a Biggie, but along with ......

With 8 minutes to go....

- Dusty inexplicably plays on and it results in a TO.
-Shorts 50m penalty
-Marlion trying to do to much and losing the ball, another TO
-Flossy's kickout resulting in TO
- And finally Castagne's "let me kick the ball for no apparent reason other than to gift them the ball back and take it down the ground to score the game winner" .......... you mental giant of Man, seriously just go and play the year out in the McGoo's, so done with this bloke.

Shorty's kicking is a very real concern this year............ this up and under 10m hospital job he's developed needs to be eradicated right now by the coaching staff, his game was always about kicking the ball as long as possible, yet he now wants to get all cutesy and its not his game in the least.

Same with Baker and Bolton, what's with this constant want to instead of doing the simple things kicking-wise, setting up team mates in worse positions ? Its one thing to be unselfish but please, go with your natural instinct first and foremost. I swear, Bakes has me totally worried he has been watching to much of Myron Byron Gryon Miers and is trying to emulate that retards game style with his kicking FFS !!! Go back to basics lad's, it's not rocket science this game.

That game was as bad as I can remember as far as "general field kicking" goes.............. wow, was nothing short of horrendous and it wasn't just a few guy's, it was almost every player out there tonight had a clanger or 2 by foot, can't be expecting to challenge for Flags with those skills.

Hope the break heals a few up, not the end of the world even though it probably feels like it to many, can't afford to drop any games now that are "winnable" leading up to Sept, good challenge ahead, lets see what we have left in this group and just how hungry they truly are.
I don't tend to get as upset with poor skills such as Vloss's turnover in the last. He was pretty good most of the game. What annoys me more than anything is poor discipline and Short's 50 was a perfect example. I agree with your comments on Short. His strength is his long bullets to open up the play. Can't remember one all year. Defensively he is our weakness defender so if he is not prepared to use his weapon then we may as well drop him because we can cover his defensive role easily. Play to your strengths or go back to VFL would be what I would say to him.

Marlion is so frustrating. Why does he always try to dance around players like he is playing against under 14s.

I don't agree with your comments on Baker. Yes, he can be a bit cute at times but generally his skills are as good as anyone's in our team. And he can defend big time. Tough bugger as well. Baker vs Miers is like Mumford vs Chol.

Reactions: 1 user

I know Leysy was.
Mine, luckily, new that last night's outburst was coming from a special place. It was louder, angrier and more vein popping than she had ever seen.
I just got a "omg, what happened."
I couldn't even put it in words.

Maybe the solution is to compare this to other clusterfucks of years’ past. Then you will realise this is nowhere as bad.

94 96 98 final rounds to make finals
95 Geelong prelim after first two minutes
PA Elim final kick into wind
Houli vs freo kick out to blow top four
Suns ‘worst two minutes of football’ with that classic dropped uncontested mark

other solution is to watch 17 19 20 GF back to back.

I’m very glad Dimma is shining a light on our lack of composure with the ball; especially in the forward line. It’s has been a problem all year; we have been a team of butchers this year. As bad as the last 10 minutes was (I’m still finding it hard to stomach that capitulation) our butchering of the ball earlier in the game is what cost us the win. We should have been 4-5 goals up at half time and game should have been over at 3/4 time. Credit to Eagles; they took advantage of our continuous *smile* ups and used the ball beautifully. Their goal kicking is a sight to behold. But make no mistake we lost that game; they didn’t win it.

I don’t know how to fix it but I hope Dimma does. Because we can not beat the top teams they way we burn the ball going forward at the moment. We really need to start getting reward on the scoreboard.

Reactions: 6 users
I’m very glad Dimma is shining a light on our lack of composure with the ball; especially in the forward line. It’s has been a problem all year; we have been a team of butchers this year. As bad as the last 10 minutes was (I’m still finding it hard to stomach that capitulation) our butchering of the ball earlier in the game is what cost us the win. We should have been 4-5 goals up at half time and game should have been over at 3/4 time. Credit to Eagles; they took advantage of our continuous *smile* ups and used the ball beautifully. They’re goal kicking is a sight to behold. But make no mistake we lost that game; the6 didn’t win it.

I don’t know how to fix it but I hope Dimma does. Because we can not beat the top teams they way we burn the ball going forward at the moment. We really need to start getting reward on the scoreboard.

Agree. At one point in the 3rd, we'd had double the scoring shots as them (once you added in the out on the fulls). That inability to kick those goals hurt us ultimately and led to us being punished for those stuff ups in the 4th.

For the game, they kicked 13.4 (with 3 rushed on top). So they kicked at 76%. We kicked 12.9 (with I think 2 out on the full) so kicked at 52%.

Yeah I agree. We should’ve taken the bye. The only reason this game was brought forward was so we could stay in WA after the Dreamtime game but what do we do, we accept the game being brought forward and we fly back to Sydney. Dumb. Would’ve also allowed another week to get Prestia and nank right.
I remember a bit of talk , it might be an advantage to us to play it sooner and get them before their players came back ,

maybe we got a bit sucked into that as well

Just did a ladder predictor. I think we want to be targeting 6th now rather than 5th (Let Port or Wet Toast do that).

I have the top 4 as
Melbourne
Geelong
Dogs
Brisbane

So assuming Melbourne beat the Lions, the winner of 5th v 8th goes to the Lions. Would much rather play the loser of Geelong / Dogs at the G.

I was sure Dusty was going to bomb a goal from 50 at the end and win us the game. No other player in the world you'd rather have with the ball in that situation. Just didn't make good contact with it. It was that type of night. We lost the game, they didn't win it.

Reactions: 3 users
I don't tend to get as upset with poor skills such as Vloss's turnover in the last. He was pretty good most of the game. What annoys me more than anything is poor discipline and Short's 50 was a perfect example. I agree with your comments on Short. His strength is his long bullets to open up the play. Can't remember one all year. Defensively he is our weakness defender

Short does a lot of good defensive work off the ball to legally take opposition players out before a marking contest, he’s very effective as a defender and has a well-rounded toolkit IMO.

Gave up a 6 goal lead to Sydney on our home deck in 2017 about the same time of year.
Yeah we are going backwards, like Benjamin Button. Slowly but surely.

Eagles were missing Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard while Darling & Ryan contributed very little, and we still couldn't get the points.

We need to be at full strength now to compete with the top teams, and even then it'll be a struggle.

Yeah we are going backwards, like Benjamin Button. Slowly but surely.

Eagles were missing Shuey, Kelly, McGovern, Sheppard while Darling & Ryan contributed very little, and we still couldn't get the points.

We need to be at full strength now to compete with the top teams, and even then it'll be a struggle.
We had lynch, Nank, Prestia and Astbury out and we had plenty who contributed little as well so I would have thought it was pretty much equal in terms of outs.
Astbury would have been very handy last night

Well here's centre bounce stats. Pretty much Natanui vs Chol except for a short Pickett stint. I am sorry but Chol was soundly beaten, in the first half by a 15 disposal game by Nat, and in the last quarter by a slaughter, 6 hitouts to advantage. Quite simply if Nanks plays, we win. He wouldn't have let Nat off so easily. If Chol could play just first 5 minutes of each quarter he'd be ok but he has no stamina, which at AFL ruck level means not good enough. Other things to take out of these stats:

* Our kickouts were hopeless. I say 1 out of the 8 gave us an advantage in the play to try and create an advantage, the rest just came straight back after chipping around endlessly. Opponents have this plan covered. Have to mix it up a bit.
* Caddy and Pickett mostly shared duties on the one wing and KMac on the other. I can't see them both hanging onto a spot. I think Caddy will be most likely on the chopping block if they pick one.
* Dusty unusually most centre bounces but we're just not getting bang for buck at the moment. Seems to be rushing his disposals and getting caught a lot more lately.
* Think we're a quality bonafide inside midfielder short. Because of this Prestia is a big loss.

Ruck27 Chol, 2 Pickett
Midfield22 Dusty, 20 Cotch, 20 Edwards, Graham 11, Bolton 9, Aarts 2
Wing28 Kmac, 16 Pickett, 14 Caddy
Kickouts6 Vlastuin, 1 Houli, 1 Short

Ruck Result
Opp RuckRuckMidMidMidWingWingKickoutsTypeResult
Q1
RICH TO OPPNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKMacPickett
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyGrahamKMacCaddy
RICH TO ADVNatCholBoltonDustyEdwardsKMacCaddy
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacPickett
WC TO OPPNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacPickett
RICH TO OPPAllenCholCotchBoltonEdwardsKmacPickett
Q2
WC TO OPPNatCholGrahamDustyEdwardsKmacCaddyVlastuinShort-
RICH NEUTRALNatCholGrahamDustyEdwardsKmacCaddy
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyBoltonKmacPickett
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyBoltonKmacPickett
WC NEUTRALAllenPickettCotchDustyEdwardsKmacCaddy
NONEAllenPickettCotchDustyEdwardsKmacCaddy
WC NEUTRALNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsPickettCaddy
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyGrahamKmacPickett
WC NEUTRALNatCholBoltonDustyGrahamKmacPickett
WC TO ADVNatCholBoltonAartsGrahamKmacPickett
Q3
RICH TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacPickettVlastuinShort-
RICH NEUTRALNatCholGrahamDustyEdwardsKmacCaddyVlastuinShort-
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyGrahamKmacCaddy
WC NEUTRALNatCholCotchBoltonEdwardsKmacCaddy
Q4
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacCaddyHouliShort+
RICH TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacCaddyVlastuinShort-
WC TO OPPNatCholBoltonAartsEdwardsKmacCaddyShortMedium-
WC TO ADVNatCholBoltonAartsEdwardsKmacCaddyVlastuinShort-
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyGrahamKmacPickettVlastuinTurnover-
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyGrahamKmacPickett
WC TO ADVNatCholBoltonEdwardsGrahamKmacPickett
WC NEUTRALNatCholCotchBoltonEdwardsKmacPickett
WC TO ADVNatCholCotchDustyEdwardsKmacPickett

Reactions: 3 users
We had lynch, Nank, Prestia and Astbury out and we had plenty who contributed little as well so I would have thought it was pretty much equal in terms of outs.
Astbury would have been very handy last night
I thought we played pretty well until the end. It was a must-win, the bye was beckoning, and we couldn't get it done.

We haven't fallen off the face of the earth but we're getting dragged down, partly by age, partly by Hocking's quicksand.

Dusty will be 30 when he plays again.

Yep Nank plays Chol out we win. Also probably Stack plays Castagna out we win or Kmac out Ralphsmith in we win. Should have win anyway though!