GAME DAY Tiges V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Port

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Does anyone know (or know where to find) what our average age was last night?

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Agree - we are in the home straight, it’s heads down and fully focussed.

What is familiar to me is

- we have hit form turning into the last of the season (ce 2017)
- no one really expects us to impact in finals (ce 2017 as there was talk of straights sets exit)
- we have dominated a team away close to the end of the season (ce 2017 game against Freo in Perth)
- we have uncovered a Smokey med forward late in the season who just keeps kicking goals (ce 2017 in Townsend)
- we have endured multiple successive close, heart breaking losses that steals the players (ce 2017 Rd 7 doggies, Rd 8 Freo and Rd 9 GWS)
- we have endured some teams dominate us (2022 it is more large swings in games (ce 2017 games against crows, cats and sainters)
- we are on a percentage of 115.8% (ce 2017 it was 118.3%)
- we are now getting drive and enthusiasm from our 6 young players (ce 2017 it was Rioli, Butler, George and Graham who gave us that youthful drive).
- we have uncovered our new game breaker in Bolton (ce 2017 it was Martin)
- we have settled on 1 ruck and a second more mobile player (ce 2017 it was Nank and Grigger)

Just saying

A qualifier - there’s a couple of key differences

- in 2022 we have conceded the most points of a team currently in the 8 (pies close 2nd) (ce 2017 we had the best defence - conced the least)
- in 2022 we have scored the most points equaling the cats and lions (ce 2017 we had scored the least of anyone in the 8)
- we seem to have settled around a fairly even team contributors (ce 2017 team was built around the 4 pillars of Jack, Dusty, Cotch and Rance)
- the team makeup was pretty settled in 2017 by rd 20-21, in 2022 we have the GOAT finals player who may come back into the team

We still have to win at minimum one more game to get there though - we are not there yet.

Reactions: 6 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Left a couple of goals behind again. Bolton, Rioli and probably Cumberland misses imagine the main culprits - but we did kick some tough ones too like pickett’s.

8E38D551-AC4F-4418-AF7B-788457565B1F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
They have also ruined INXS for me. I used to like Never Tear Us Apart and now I can't listen to it and when I hear any INXS song I get this image of scarf waving boguns.
I forgot how cringeworthy that is as I usually don’t watch port games from the start. INXS should sue them

Reactions: 4 users

mainlandy

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2004
Mont Albert
A few posters have already mentioned it, but wow, the commentary last night was abysmal. Just anti Richmond.
Nearly every free kick we received was questioned, even though they were clear frees, every free Port got was there, any hint of a free Port did not get was questioned.
Then when that a-hole Dixon rams his knee into Vlas’ back, not getting anywhere near the ball, no free kick, Port get a goal out of it, no-one in the commentary questions it, if fact King craps on about “if Charlie can’t get to the ball he’s going run through you”, like everything is ok what he did. No mention of a free, or this could be cited all good, Vlas has broken ribs nothing to see here. If that was Lynch who did this, they would have replayed it 20 times and had him up for suspension.
Of course the commentators couldn’t help themselves with Cotchy’s tackle, replayed it so many times, just hang him why don’t you. And Kamdyn’s late spoil.
And the last one was Huddo, having a whinge about Picket wanting the two security guys to move so he could have more room for his shot at goal. He said something like “geez how much room do you need another half a metre?”
So over the one sided commentating, I know they hate us, but surely they could at least be professional about their job?

Reactions: 14 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
And the last one was Huddo, having a whinge about Picket wanting the two security guys to move so he could have more room for his shot at goal. He said something like “geez how much room do you need another half a metre?”
I think it may have been Jordan Lewis who said that

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I don't follow RE.
Where is Cumberland's miss in the goal square represented please.
I went to their tweets. They only had 2 goals and 1 behind for him so not sure if they counted that one as a rushed or assigned it incorrectly somehow (afl site has him 2 goals 2 behinds) . Maybe we left three goals on the table.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I don’t know if it’s just me or it’s been mentioned before but every time I see Zak Butters, I picture Lloyd Christmas from “Dumb and Dumber”

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Agree - we are in the home straight, it’s heads down and fully focussed.

What is familiar to me is

- we have hit form turning into the last of the season (ce 2017)
- no one really expects us to impact in finals (ce 2017 as there was talk of straights sets exit)
- we have dominated a team away close to the end of the season (ce 2017 game against Freo in Perth)
- we have uncovered a Smokey med forward late in the season who just keeps kicking goals (ce 2017 in Townsend)
- we have endured multiple successive close, heart breaking losses that steals the players (ce 2017 Rd 7 doggies, Rd 8 Freo and Rd 9 GWS)
- we have endured some teams dominate us (2022 it is more large swings in games (ce 2017 games against crows, cats and sainters)
- we are on a percentage of 115.8% (ce 2017 it was 118.3%)
- we are now getting drive and enthusiasm from our 6 young players (ce 2017 it was Rioli, Butler, George and Graham who gave us that youthful drive).
- we have uncovered our new game breaker in Bolton (ce 2017 it was Martin)
- we have settled on 1 ruck and a second more mobile player (ce 2017 it was Nank and Grigger)

Just saying

A qualifier - there’s a couple of key differences

- in 2022 we have conceded the most points of a team currently in the 8 (pies close 2nd) (ce 2017 we had the best defence - conced the least)
- in 2022 we have scored the most points equaling the cats and lions (ce 2017 we had scored the least of anyone in the 8)
- we seem to have settled around a fairly even team contributors (ce 2017 team was built around the 4 pillars of Jack, Dusty, Cotch and Rance)
- the team makeup was pretty settled in 2017 by rd 20-21, in 2022 we have the GOAT finals player who may come back into the team

We still have to win at minimum one more game to get there though - we are not there yet.

Defence is our current issue. Fix that, look out.

Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
A few posters have already mentioned it, but wow, the commentary last night was abysmal. Just anti Richmond.
Nearly every free kick we received was questioned, even though they were clear frees, every free Port got was there, any hint of a free Port did not get was questioned.
Then when that a-hole Dixon rams his knee into Vlas’ back, not getting anywhere near the ball, no free kick, Port get a goal out of it, no-one in the commentary questions it, if fact King craps on about “if Charlie can’t get to the ball he’s going run through you”, like everything is ok what he did. No mention of a free, or this could be cited all good, Vlas has broken ribs nothing to see here. If that was Lynch who did this, they would have replayed it 20 times and had him up for suspension.
Of course the commentators couldn’t help themselves with Cotchy’s tackle, replayed it so many times, just hang him why don’t you. And Kamdyn’s late spoil.
So over the one sided commentating, I know they hate us, but surely they could at least be professional about their job?

Plus no write up on the game on the Herald Sun website

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
BTW

I *really* like the look of our structure with Miller as backup ruck.
Yeah, we've fallen into it by accident but it's working. It felt like Miller had more of the ball than he did but he had some good hitouts and he's so mobile and skilled it means we don't have him taking rest time from the runners like Soldo spending half the match on the pine.

As much as I think Balta can be a forward in time, the current make-up is better balanced with him down back.

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Huddo’s Geelong. He is absolutely terrified that if we make it the Cats will run into us.

Reactions: 5 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Huddo’s Geelong. He is absolutely terrified that if we make it the Cats will run into us.
He mentioned it in the shocking biased flat call.

Worst commentary of any sport in the world.

The hotdog eating championships on Kayo had more informed, better researched and more neutral commentary than the AFL

Reactions: 1 users