GAME DAY Tiges V Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY Tiges V Port

Feb 25, 2007
He's still so young and inexperienced. Maybe the issue is that the club is left with no one better after letting Butler go from disinterest and Higgins walking out.
Judson Clark has a future most likely, but MRJ has to develop more forward craft, like what to do if you're left alone running into our FL 80m out. Just kick it goal-wards, MJ. Might trickle through or at least becomes a foot-race. But don't get caught HTB because you look lost and clueless. He needs more to his game than just chase-and-tackle. A SF should never miss a hook-shot these days - practise should make them certain.

Also, is he really fit enough? Looks very heavy across the beam.

He did make some errors but thought overall he did ok,. Looking at the positives, junior had 12 disposals, 6 tackles, 1 goal 1 behind.
Agee should've been 2 goals, and should not be missing easy snap shots then again we did leave a few goals on the table, none more so than Boltons 20 meters miss directly in front.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He's still so young and inexperienced. Maybe the issue is that the club is left with no one better after letting Butler go from disinterest and Higgins walking out.
Judson Clark has a future most likely, but MRJ has to develop more forward craft, like what to do if you're left alone running into our FL 80m out. Just kick it goal-wards, MJ. Might trickle through or at least becomes a foot-race. But don't get caught HTB because you look lost and clueless. He needs more to his game than just chase-and-tackle. A SF should never miss a hook-shot these days - practise should make them certain.

Also, is he really fit enough? Looks very heavy across the beam.

I think we didn't have much option with Butler or Higgins, the latter in particular was one of my least favourite Tigers in the last 20 years.

As i've posted elsewhere i definitely think Jnr needs to improve his fitness because he's got some tricks.

Reckon Clarke is being earmarked as a Lambert replacement in time, although one with a more powerful hoof.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
WTF has happened to Marlion? He was looking top 5 B&F at one point. Now wondering whether he should be dropped
Does he want to go home to WA like his mate, Parker. Out of contract this year too I think.

But kicked a great goal. Loved it.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
How bad was the commentary tonight. Huddo was flat as a tack every time we kicked a goal. Truly horrible.
Mate not as bad as Mark Ricciuto should be sacked from the boundary special comments and the Adelaide board, the Foxtel commentary was all about Port Adelaide it was like Richmond was not a participant.

Reactions: 7 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
How bad was the commentary tonight. Huddo was flat as a tack every time we kicked a goal. Truly horrible.
Spot on. The hate is very real. King was the only one with any sort of balance., at one stage he said 'you do realise that a 7 goal quarter against a good side is a big statement?'

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Port want Hinkley gone or the already know he is gone.
They were shithouse.
Pity the umpires don't reward our tackles like they do Collingwoods.
I counted 3 tackles in our foward 50 that weren't paid, Prestia Rioli and Cumberland.
We need to hit more targets by foot, I lost count how many kick inside 50 were intercepted.
Good win, but still not running on all cylinders

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, liked the margin and the fact we got ahead and won the last quarter going in with a decent 3/4 time lead.

Will have to watch tomorrow, no funds to Murdoch from this household, but expecting to see a decent game, some skill errors, woeful umpiring . . . usual AFL game by the sound of it.

Will look out for the Dixon incident on Vlaustin and we'll see if the MRP do anything, after all, Vlastuin was subbed unlike all Marlion's supposed victims.

DS

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Dimma should be sacked too because we should have won by more
If you don't think we are a very poorly skilled side that turns over the ball continually with absolutely sloppy disposal by hand and foot, then you are looking at another team. And he is in charge. I don't believe he can teach skills much, he may not even value them enough. Grunt and fierce competitiveness, which is fine, but ignoring skill development and not having an AC teaching them at least, is a recipe for failure. Players must be challenged, demanded efforts to improve their skills and game acumen, not making the same errors forever.

Success in any ball sports comes down to the precision of a team's ball use in the end. I don't rate PA as a good disposal side either but they out-performed us in general DE 74%/65. It was only our better F50 DE 55/48 that made the difference.

The game should have been decided in the 1st half - it's only inept use of the ball and easy goal misses that kept them in the game - and that's a depleted PA side too without Marshall, Georgiadis and others. We should have been 8-10 goals ahead at half-time, and this wasteful football is what keeps opponents in range and able to turn it around with a hard-running Q4.

Always good to get a win, but do you really think that level of performance will get us far in finals this year, if we even make it? We are the team that lost to Norf after all - probably the worst team since old Fitzroy. Other games where we managed to drag defeat from the jaws of victory were also due to ineptitude, especially for such an experienced and successful team - without the quality of former ACs though.

I think your view reeks of complacency. The best sides stand up in the close ones.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Well to be honest, he could have grabbed it out of the air instead of punching it, then handballed it over the line when he was that 1 metre closer that he needed to be.

But it's easy to be critical in hindsight. Don't think he'll make that mistake again.
He knew if he grabbed it, would be tackled immediately so likely pinged for HTB, esp with those umps. Only option is to knock it sideways, but not over the boundary, and he can have no idea who will be out there.
It's become a really hard game for defenders.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think we didn't have much option with Butler or Higgins, the latter in particular was one of my least favourite Tigers in the last 20 years.

As i've posted elsewhere i definitely think Jnr needs to improve his fitness because he's got some tricks.

Reckon Clarke is being earmarked as a Lambert replacement in time, although one with a more powerful hoof.
Yep, agree with your view on most of this, especially Higgins - he chose to leave - and don't respect him for it either. But we lost Butler through indifference. In retrospect, he is far more skilled than George, although not as hard and vigorous.

Anyway,it's spilt milk now. But IMO, a SF has to have deadly goal-kicking skills.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Evidently every game we have played against port in Adelaide since 2012 has been won by the team who lost the last one.
Neither team has won 2 in a row in Adelaide since then.
Guess who won the last time we played them over there?
Tigers by 10 points
B85EADED-40FF-447A-9205-E128CD9EDE11.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Good six goal win interstate. We're still making too many errors but our best is great and we didn't lapse in effort all night.

The kids lifted in the second half - Sonz 5 touches first half, finished with 20. MoJu worked all night, Ross got better, Cumbo ditto. Miller was good. Gibbo not at his best but not disgraced.

KMac important defensive contribution. Runs his arse off and gets back to help.

Short had some worrisomely weak efforts in the first half. Got better but he's a long way from elite at the moment.

Let's hop Tigga's okay.
Busted ribs!