GAME DAY - TIGES V SAINTS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GAME DAY - TIGES V SAINTS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep, as usual it's how bad StKilda and we haven't beaten anyone yet.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Kornes saying biggest story is how bad saints. Then in response to Saint caller whinging about saints fixture he says Tigers are looked after by AFL and have been for years. Cannot leave it alone.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I just finished watching the game a second time when I was more relaxed. I thought the reason why we were so good was the guy's played for each other and supported their mates like their lives depended on it. This game showed we have something than no other club has
Busy day in old London Town?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I was there that day, my first ever game. My Uncle took me along to watch it.

I was so excited.

But my main memories of the day are driving to the game with my scarf hanging out the window of my Nan's car, and running out of space in my budget to record the number of goals some of our players kicked.
Don't need your birth certificate to know you are from SA... The "budget" ...love it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
34 minute 3rd was a joke. Timekeeper dozed off? Yet the last? v swans was 24.
Clock needs to stop on fewer ocassions.

Quarters were too long, sounds like too many of those pesky goals keep being scored. Got to find a way to reduce that and get those quarter lengths down a bit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
50 second stoppage after every goal adds up for sure !

Sure does, 9 goals 3rd quarter gets us pretty close to 30 minutes without any around the ground stoppages. Channel 7 must have been very happy with their advertising return last night.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
50 second stoppage after every goal adds up for sure !

yes took forever but another unintended consequence of rule changes

The AFL increased the time to give players more rest NOT to give the tv networks more adds - can you believe it.

I can see the AFL using this as an excuse to reduce the playing time to 18 mins now - just watch it happen.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I thought Duckwood was ok in the box, much better than Jab. He was pretty complimentary of us, said he'd love to play with Nank, and that Shedda and Shai are stars.

Reactions: 8 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
K
yes took forever but another unintended consequence of rule changes

The AFL increased the time to give players more rest NOT to give the tv networks more adds - can you believe it.

I can see the AFL using this as an excuse to reduce the playing time to 18 mins now - just watch it happen.
exactly what I was saying last night. The players and umpires were all ready and in position for the centre bounce and waiting for the tv ads to finish. Too long to rebounce the ball after a goal is yet another revenue maker for the AFL and its commercial partners. Is this football for the supporters or the AFL screwing with the game yet again for money. Sick to death of AFL and it’s interference with our once great game.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Saints are thankful for the intel that butler and Higgins brought with them on our system. Otherwise the margin could’ve blown out

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I thought Duckwood was ok in the box, much better than Jab. He was pretty complimentary of us, said he'd love to play with Nank, and that Shedda and Shai are stars.
Yeah I was surprised. He was pretty good to listen to and he was quite complimentary of us. He even mentioned our players names unlike his coach who just says ‘they’.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Saints are thankful for the intel that butler and Higgins brought with them on our system. Otherwise the margin could’ve blown out
They broke the DaVinci code?
Never leave a successful club and go to a shitt kicker club.
That was the Intel

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Another AFL lie.

They've always been about keeping the play going. Remember when they allowed players to kick in from a behind and not have to wait for the goal umpire's flag to be waved? Now they are getting far too long to bring the ball back into play.