Game Day - Tiges V Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Swans

Quite a few comments about Moju, Sonsie, Brown, Campbell and Dow but a small footnote to another player who got mercilessly flogged on this site during the week in Sam Banks.
10 minutes on the field and looked calm and composed and was very important in those last minutes. Halved a really important one on one as well.
All these kids are footballers, they have really good skills. The class of 21 in Brown, Banks, Sonsie and Clarke ( plus Gibcus of course) are modem day players, they use the ball really well.
We need to play them and their output will increase.

Reactions: 15 users
Geezuz Bolton!!! Exactly the start we didn’t need.
Yep, that was the one where he actually, virtually got clear at first go but may have had to kick with his left boot, or run wider left with his speed enabling him to get soonget back on his preferred. Instead turned back inside, trying to dodge 3 ducks, until his kick was smothered. They took it down for a goal.

Yze has got to get this guy's head right. There's a real danger of him ending up as one of the game's greatest wasted talents.

Nah Leon. Marlion was Marlion, the same one we have had for 82 games.
He is laconic and looks uninterested at times but he isn’t, that’s the way he plays.
We have to take the bad with the good but he was very important on the wing.
Did a 2019 blind turn today as well, a thing of beauty
He did! It was!

Reactions: 1 users
I think we really just want Marlion to get to the 100 games for the F/S possibilities. But 18 games to go is looking a long way down the road. I was unimpressed with his game today again - he looked cooked in Q4 and not that interested. Was thinking he should have been subbed after that lazy kick on the far wing that gave the Swans opponent, trailing by about 10m, an equal chance in the contest again. Just crucial errors.

Just like KMac - the mistakes and turnovers just drive you spare and cost us goals ... often. Defensively and offensively.
There was also the obligatory dropped soda too. BUT I don't think we win without him today. Did more than enough to warrant his spot. I enjoyed most of his game and I'd be happy to get 18 games at that level.

Reactions: 4 users
Who was the commentator tag teaming with dwayne Russell? Haven't heard him before but liked him a lot, nice old-school radio/ race-caller voice, called it as he saw it, straight bat. Out Huddo In: this guy.

Reactions: 6 users
Who was the commentator tag teaming with dwayne Russell? Haven't heard him before but liked him a lot, nice old-school radio/ race-caller voice, called it as he saw it, straight bat. Out Huddo In: this guy.
It was Matt Hill. He’s a very good caller.

• Love
He owed us big time for his game today!
Very tough.

Shai was immense today and his work rate in the last quarter in particular was through the roof.

Sure he makes a few mistakes but he is mercurial, let the guy play. The good stuff far outweighs the bad.

Gotta apologise to Seth once again. This kid is going to be an A grader. His tank is freakish for such a young player

Today's win felt different. Today's win felt fresh.

As good a victory as we've had for a while. Just a great day all round really & one to cherish.
Agree and also different as in a small glimpse of '2017 - 2020 composure' showing in the team in the 2nd quarter. Click.

Reactions: 1 user
What a *en win, was there to witness the immense pressure and the never say die attitude from the older players and younger players. Take a bow boys and I will say we did play different today compared to previous weeks more chip kicks, switching the play and more run and carry.

Going to watch the replay now to get a different perspective from being there live.

It was Matt Hill. He’s a very good caller.
I thought the commentary team was pretty good. I bag them a lot, so should tip me hat. Jack is great, does a very good line in maintaining neutrality but supporting the tiges out of the side of his mouth, Lyon and Russell were both solid, (can't believe I said that but I said it), and Hill really stood out for me. Normally in a close game I hate 'em and will turn it down!

Reactions: 2 users
Matt Hill. He is great. He calls the game in front of him. he doesn't shout (Brayshaw), he doesn't try and be smart (Huddo and many others) and he doesn't overanalyze. Him, Papalia from WA and Bennett are the best. They just call the game, no BS!

Reactions: 5 users
Matt Hill. He is great. He calls the game in front of him. he doesn't shout (Brayshaw), he doesn't try and be smart (Huddo and many others) and he doesn't overanalyze. Him, Papalia from WA and Bennett are the best. They just call the game, no BS!
His straight bat approach, no stumbles, smooth delivery was a delight, really stood out, and yes Papalia is good too. Hopefully we're moving on from Brayshaw and huddo, I'm not a fan

• Love
Reactions: 1 users