Game Day - Tiges V Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Tiges V Swans

lt was nice to see at the final siren Yze congratulating his assistants. it wasn't about him........
First thing he said in the presser is that it wasn't about him it was about the players. And he was happy for them.

All great leaders know glory is reflected off those working for you succeeding and putting them first.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I think we really just want Marlion to get to the 100 games for the F/S possibilities. But 18 games to go is looking a long way down the road. I was unimpressed with his game today again - he looked cooked in Q4 and not that interested. Was thinking he should have been subbed after that lazy kick on the far wing that gave the Swans opponent, trailing by about 10m, an equal chance in the contest again. Just crucial errors.

Just like KMac - the mistakes and turnovers just drive you spare and cost us goals ... often. Defensively and offensively.
What the hell ?.Marlion was bloody fantastic today .His attack ,his pressure ,his link work was A grade.Was a vital.part of getting us back in the game after swans kicked 6 straight.
Whipping boys Pickett ,Maurice and Mansell were puvitol to our win .Brillliant gamez by all 3.

Reactions: 10 users
Funny game. Balta couldn't hands on it. Short was out of sorts. But everyone was switched on and competing. Moz was super. Pickett was very good. Taranto finally found some pill. They tackled their asses off. Yze has something to work with after all.

Reactions: 8 users
Shoulda got along to the VFL mate.

Two games, two wins.

Best thing is, the south Melbourne supporters were all very mouthy today. Confident and arrogant. At both games.

Shut them up nicely.
The part I most enjoyed was sticking it up Cornhole; doubt it will shut him up though. Determined hater.

Reactions: 4 users
I was there but missed the crowd.
Normally they mention it on the scoreboard in the last.
Certainly sounded like more Ugly Ducklings than Tigers.
Guess 35,000, maybe closer to 40?

Just couldn't put them away at the death and ease to a 3 Goal win.

Reactions: 1 user
I was there but missed the crowd.
Normally they mention it on the scoreboard in the last.
Certainly sounded like more Ugly Ducklings than Tigers.
Guess 35,000, maybe closer to 40?

Just couldn't put them away at the death and ease to a 3 Goal win.
45K was the crowd figure. Quiet until the last quarter. Then it GOT LOUD.

Reactions: 1 users
Cheers, TTR.
Was it flashed up on the scoreboard?
Kind of missed it with all the commotion!

Yellow and Back!
Yes it was. Start of last quarter I believe. I also felt a lot of swans supporters around today.

Nah Leon. Marlion was Marlion, the same one we have had for 82 games.
He is laconic and looks uninterested at times but he isn’t, that’s the way he plays.
We have to take the bad with the good but he was very important on the wing.
Did a 2019 blind turn today as well, a thing of beauty
First game I have been able to attend all year this far, so picked a good one. Not saying he did nothing useful but some of his errors really galled.
Will watch the match replay on Kayo tomorrow and get back to you.

Quite a few comments about Moju, Sonsie, Brown, Campbell and Dow but a small footnote to another player who got mercilessly flogged on this site during the week in Sam Banks.
10 minutes on the field and looked calm and composed and was very important in those last minutes. Halved a really important one on one as well.
All these kids are footballers, they have really good skills. The class of 21 in Brown, Banks, Sonsie and Clarke ( plus Gibcus of course) are modem day players, they use the ball really well.
We need to play them and their output will increase.
Totally agree with that re our youth. I had a perfect overview of Bank's wing when he subbed on. He really made some vital efforts that saved scores for them and created some for us.

Very tough.

Shai was immense today and his work rate in the last quarter in particular was through the roof.

Sure he makes a few mistakes but he is mercurial, let the guy play. The good stuff far outweighs the bad.
Perhaps ... flawed genius. But if he ever sorted out his often poor disposal and made some better decisions, he could be anything.

Cheers, TTR.
Was it flashed up on the scoreboard?
Kind of missed it with all the commotion!

Yellow and Back!

A lot of fair-weather Tigers have jumped off the bandwagon, and it was obvious today.

There were a lot of (hilariously overconfident) Swans in that 45000, most of whom thought the ball was too skinny.

Throughout the dynasty, players would constantly reference the crowd, saying we were the 19th man.

Well, we're back down to 18 now.

All you Melbournians who chose to mow the lawn instead, get along to the game. Not to see a win, just to go to the footy. We did it for 37 years, just for the day, not for the season.

Save me from being a lone voice serving it to smug, mouthy Sydneysiders who were trying to work out whether a goal would be enough to overcome a 5 point margin.

And you might get to be part of the celebrations for a brilliant win, against the ladder leaders, where the kids stand up, abd the song is played loud.

Reactions: 9 users
A lot of fair-weather Tigers have jumped off the bandwagon, and it was obvious today.

There were a lot of (hilariously overconfident) Swans in that 45000, most of whom thought the ball was too skinny.

Throughout the dynasty, players would constantly reference the crowd, saying we were the 19th man.

All you Melbournians who chose to mow the lawn instead, get along to the game. Not to see a win, just to go to the footy. We did it for 37 years, just for the day, not for the season.

Save me from being a lone voice serving it to smug, mouthy Sydneysiders who were trying to work out whether a goal would be enough to overcome a 5 point margin.

And you might get to be part of the celebrations for a brilliant win, against the ladder leaders, where the kids stand up, abd the song is played loud.
Yep agree Coburg

I reckon the club deserves my support at games as well after what they have given me since 2017

I would have definitely gone to the game but I’m currently away in NSW with family. But I did give my membership no. to friends so they took could take their little boy to the game. He absolutely loved it!

Reactions: 1 user