Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Unfortunately Hardwick doesn't believe in a plan B - he just want us to 'trust in our system'. Our system is flawed and has been found wanting when we cannot get the ball to ground.
We looked tired and slow and at times disinterested last night - I don't think even a plan B (if we had one) would've countered the doggies.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Yes we have injuries, but the midfield is only missing Cotch. That's where most of our headaches begin. Teams always seem to get an easy clearance after we have kicked a goal.

Martin. So lazy, would you ever see champs like Fyfe, Danger, Pendlebury, Kennedy (swans) play so disinterested?

Add Naughton to the list of very young and inexperienced forwards who get a hold of us. Buddy had a break out game against us, Curnow, Cameron, Hogan have all been able to run, jump and kick goals against us in their first few handful of games.

My biggest disappointment was not getting on the dogs at $4. Easy money :'(

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
nswtiger said:
who is our midfield coach again??

that stkilda reject??

Bomptempelli(SC130), Macrae (190), Hunter(131) and Dunkley(117) are exactly the same 4 from round 23 last year to dominate.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Against Sydney we had 16 forward 50 tackles in the first half, 22 for the game. Last night we had 6

Intent and tackling pressure

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Sintiger said:
Against Sydney we had 16 forward 50 tackles in the first half, 22 for the game. Last night we had 6

Intent and tackling pressure
Exactly, if we bring the intense pressure, we’re a top team. Otherwise, we’re middle of the road. It’s so hard to maintain the manic pressure every game over the entire season - we only did it for the last 4 or so weeks plus finals of 2017. Let’s hope we do enough to make the eight over the next 10 -12 rounds, then manage to ramp up the intensity late in the season.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
4 of our goals were from kids last night.
Just gotta bring more in NOW...

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
gutfull said:
4 of our goals were from kids last night.
Just gotta bring more in NOW...

Naish, Carthwaite and CD are the only ones left?
Coleman-Jones and Turner aren’t ready

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
The reality is six players soak up a massive amount of our salary cap. If they are all fit and firing the others can play their roles and we are a good team. Rance, Cotch and Jack are all injured and Lynch, Dusty and Dion are performing well below what they are being paid. There isn't going to be room in the cap to attract any more decent players from other clubs so the roles of Matt Clarke and Fly McRae become even more important. You can't expect these players to give up their massive contracts just because injury/form means they aren't worth them at the moment. The only way to remain relevant will be to keep finding players like Jack Ross and Sydney Stack. We are a middling to poor team with the current state of our six highest paid players.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
kinda happy i didn't see the game, it's making for bad reading .. missing our leaders and gun players misfiring appears to be adding up ..

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
zippadeee said:
Bomptempelli(SC130), Macrae (190), Hunter(131) and Dunkley(117) are exactly the same 4 from round 23 last year to dominate.
yep, that says it all. We had our pants pulled down in the midfield.

We badly need to work on clearances. The cost of giving first use to the opposition at every stoppage is amplified at the indoor ground.

Bit of a hard roblem to fix overnight. We might be in a bit of trouble this season.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
I dont get all the negatives here - six time all Australian full back out - CHB out - brownlow medalist/captain/midfileder out - 3 time Coleman medalist full forward out. Rioli and Flossy injured during the game and you wonder why we struggled. Hell - give em a break. Not to mention a few others a bit down on form but this could be tired after pretty big month and missing the confidence and support of those players out as well. Cant remember too many sides going well when pretty much the whole spine of the side is out..

E

easy_tiger

percyms said:
I dont get all the negatives here - six time all Australian full back out - CHB out - brownlow medalist/captain/midfileder out - 3 time Coleman medalist full forward out. Rioli and Flossy injured during the game and you wonder why we struggled. Hell - give em a break. Not to mention a few others a bit down on form but this could be tired after pretty big month and missing the confidence and support of those players out as well. Cant remember too many sides going well when pretty much the whole spine of the side is out..

Yeah, that was my take on it.

You can only overcome so much.

we looked OK,

then Rioli goes down, and our pressure i50 disappeared.

Vlastuin goes down, and they kicked 5 goals in 10 minutes

I think

1. Dogs were ON and would have beaten Collingwood I believe.

2. We just exceeded our injury tolerance threshold, and

3. Our experienced leaders synchronised bad nights - Stack and baker were winners and of the leaders, probably only Nank, Dion and Floss won.

The only thing im annoyed about is how Bont was managed. It was clear when he had 8 damaging disposals 10 minutes in, he was poised to destroy us.

It seemed that Prestia and Higgins were taking turns on him - both clearly inadequate.

With these blokes, they are often completely unstoppable, but I think Kmac should have been employed to try.

Before everyone piles on and goes 'yeah, Dimma can't coach, no plan B'

I thought his deployment of Balta down back when Vlastiun went down and Naughton cashed in on the ensuing disarray, was decisive and creative.

Tough night.

Dogs were red hot, we were on our knees.

looking to next week.

we really need Cotchy back.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
what was naughton's score?

tempany14

Tiger Rookie
Feb 25, 2008
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Have to wonder how much the IP taken away by Lloyd contributed to the ease of the win. Might find out more next week with Freo/Conca.

Dogs made no changes after losing to Freo, which suggests their three-goal loss over there wasn't a bad performance.
i doubt Lloyd and Conca could spell IP and even if they somehow managed it i dont think the respective coaches would listen we had a bad night - all teams do all our leadership group out, two key backs out and our best player badly out of form im surprised we didn't loose by more. I won't disrespect the coach and the team i still have faith and belief

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think in hindsight Hardwick will regret not bringing in Garthwaite.

We have never played with just the two genuine talls down back. Never. It was compounded further when Vlastuin went down.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
evo said:
yep, that says it all. We had our pants pulled down in the midfield.

We badly need to work on clearances. The cost of giving first use to the opposition at every stoppage is amplified at the indoor ground.

Bit of a hard roblem to fix overnight. We might be in a bit of trouble this season.
In the 3 losses we’ve had losing badly in the middle has been the constant. It buggers up this season, but on the bright side it will strengthen it long term.