Game Day vs Western Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day vs Western Bulldogs

E

easy_tiger

Smoking Aces said:
I think in hindsight Hardwick will regret not bringing in Garthwaite.

We have never played with just the two genuine talls down back. Never. It was compounded further when Vlastuin went down.

Yes.

I think the MC will agree Menadue for Garthwaite was a selection error. I was all for it, but it seems a mistake.

we will never know.

was strange how slow we looked, with a very fast side on paper.

dirty night. bin tape.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
easy said:
Yes.

I think the MC will agree Menadue for Garthwaite was a selection error. I was all for it, but it seems a mistake.

we will never know.

was strange how slow we looked, with a very fast side on paper.

dirty night. bin tape.
Dirty night it was.

But credit to Beveridge. Planned perfectly for us. He took away our one wood - chaos football. He spread us all over the ground, didn’t allow us to work together.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Lots of negatives this year , injuries and all BUT have found some great kids in adversity .
Build games into all of them & barring injury next year could be ours ....

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Dunno what it is about Footscray, seems to be an outlier in terms of individual players, and young players, playing monster games against us. 2 of the greatest individual games I've ever witnessed live, Leon Cameron western Oval early 1990s, Brad Johnson Waverley 1998 I think, and while I didn't see it live, Naughton last night.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Wud still luv to see a genuine tagger in our team.... Can not understand why we seem to refuse to use one on blokes who are tearing us apart..

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Last night reminded me of the prelim final last year. A key forward destroying us, us performing woefully and a 40 odd point loss.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
In a season of big upsets it took until Rd 7 for us to be involved in one.

Pre season and certainly pre injuries my ladder predictor didn't have us top 4 until round 11 or 12. Based on 2018 end season and exposed 2019 form, losses to pies and Giants were very probable. And I had marked down a loss to Melb

So it isn't man the life boats yet but the comprehensive beatings do ring the warning bells. Any team with the personnel and discipline like pies and dogs will beat us. Giants was more of shell shock after injuries and a class differential.

We need to get over Freo (will need a port like victory) and cannot afford to drop one to the Hawks. Any losses to top 4 contenders will need to be more honourable than last night. That way we will stay in touch.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
bigwow said:
Think Rioli needs a spell. He looked like an ad for elastoplast last night.

Agree...might need careful handling to preserve him...as great as he was his cousin missed a lot of footy before packing it in early. Dan has been jinxed since that symbolic tackle when the GF was all over stuffed his foot.

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
35 kick between 7 players last night ...shithouse effort...
Castanya , Lynch , Higgins, Rioli, Ellis , Edwards , Caddy

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Still havent found a way to combat the Collingwood-esque gameplan. How can anyone here be surprised that the "chaos, trudge it forward at all costs" plan just doesn't work against sides who can hold the ball and retain possession as well as setup behind the ball well.

As much as i like Nank, he shouldn't even be our first ruck. We get slaughtered in large part because he just cant get it to our mids.

All these fringe players who get by on effort who are clearly massively deficient in key areas, a premiership and a minor premiership just made them career heroes.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Jason King said:
Still havent found a way to combat the Collingwood-esque gameplan. How can anyone here be surprised that the "chaos, trudge it forward at all costs" plan just doesn't work against sides who can hold the ball and retain possession as well as setup behind the ball well.

As much as i like Nank, he shouldn't even be our first ruck. We get slaughtered in large part because he just cant get it to our mids.

All these fringe players who get by on effort who are clearly massively deficient in key areas, a premiership and a minor premiership just made them career heroes.

Suddenly it "trudge" ? funny. when we're winning its force, storm, stream etc. Sums up the whole rooster to feather duster, penthouse to the shithouse nature of footy right there.

On the fringe players, if we'd fallen off the cliff and were 2-5, or even 3-4, you might have a point. This is just reality, it nothing unique to us or something we have to go into crisis talks over. We have 3 of our 4 best players out. Full stop. Every flag side has some stars and then a bunch of average to good players who buy in and hit form. Thats footy, thats flags, not unique to us. Take 3 of the 4 best players out of any side in history and they go from great to good or OK. I actually think on balance we've done pretty well. Last night was dirty, but not sure what people expect. 3 of our best 4 out, heap of young players and fringe players in.

E

easy_tiger

tigersnake said:
Dunno what it is about Footscray, seems to be an outlier in terms of individual players, and young players, playing monster games against us. 2 of the greatest individual games I've ever witnessed live, Leon Cameron western Oval early 1990s, Brad Johnson Waverley 1998 I think, and while I didn't see it live, Naughton last night.

you forgot Jim Edmunds 9 goal game.

10 goals down at 1/4 time? Lost by a few points didn't we?

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
We NEVER won 1 stat last night not 1...were deficient in ALL stats ((((.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
easy said:
you forgot Jim Edmunds 9 goal game.

10 goals down at 1/4 time? Lost by a few points didn't we?

I think he kicked 10, as did BT in a losing side. Lost by 2 pts from memory.

edit, memory ballsed that up. Edmond kicked 7, 6 in the first q. 10 was lodged in my memory because they kicked 10 goals in the first Q and were 60 up exactly at Q time. BT kicked 4, but I did see him kick 10 at the G as a kid but that wasn't it apparently. Got the losing margin right :p

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
tigersnake said:
I think he kicked 10, as did BT in a losing side. Lost by 2 pts from memory.

edit, memory ballsed that up. Edmond kicked 7, 6 in the first q. 10 was lodged in my memory because they kicked 10 goals in the first Q and were 60 up exactly at Q time. BT kicked 4, but I did see him kick 10 at the G as a kid but that wasn't it apparently. Got the losing margin right :p

Match recently discussed here: http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=55054.0

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
22nd Man said:
In a season of big upsets it took until Rd 7 for us to be involved in one.

Reckon our result against Port was an upset.
Doesn't look all that great now but at the time we had lost the last two and it was the only game this year we had all of the big four out.
Nobody expected us to win that one.