Gameday - Tigers V Bombers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday - Tigers V Bombers

We have Ross (who actually had a good game ) on a wing . Mansell Cotchin & Pickett up forward , even Dion sometimes , Ralphsmith down back , so many are played out of position, no wonder we can’t put teams away
Our newest genius experiment at VFL level is Sonsie playing at half back. This is after Hopper gets injured, so we’re down a mid, then Dow was crap tonight. But hey, the coaches know best

Reactions: 1 user
Where's Brown pick 17?
Where's Sonie pick 26?
Where's Banks pick 27?
Where's Bauer?

It's our recruiting that has let us down again.
Soooo many misses causing massive holes in our side.
Why draft a skinny foward when we are struggling to kick a score?
Collingwood get Milocheck we get Bauer.

Now those kids deserve another year to still show something

But you have for a while pointed out how bad our first round draft selections have been & it’s spot on.

We should be glad the Giants will get ours this year.

Reactions: 1 users
Mansell X 2
Nankervis
Grimes
Reiwoldt

They'll never watch that last 2 minutes again.

Our younger players aren’t good enough to take the close game by the scruff of the neck and will us over the line and our older players can’t do it anymore.
Then "rest " the older players and give the young guys the opportunity to gain the experience they and the club needs

Jack having a mare
Very arguably cost us this game. The way he now gets beaten in contests, often because he is too slow to get in best position, and then appeals to the world for having been interfered with is getting pathetic.
He may still be capable of a goal or two, but he is often costing another 4/6 going the other way. Opponents just running off him for frequent rebound 50s

Reactions: 5 users
Ok maybe you're not comprehending. We didn't need to counteract their game plan as you suggest, it's a cr@p plan. We just needed to execute properly in the last and it was comfortably ours.
You’re the one not comprehending.

Whilst we utterly butchered it, Essendon turned it over more than us and their efficiency inside 50 was worse than us as well.

Ergo, not being able to counter the insane amount of uncontested possessions they garnered, and the way they slowed us down as a result, cost us big time.

As someone else posted, Brad Scott owns Hardwick.

Reactions: 4 users
Dumbest moment of the season hands down goes to Jack Riewoldt soccering the ball off the ground straight to their spare man all on his own with a minute left. Well *smile* done Jack, instead of using your years of footy experience and just picking the ball up and creating a stoppage, you *smile* the game for us. As soon as he did that I knew we were gone. Others made mistakes, mansell should’ve at least scored a point, but for our oldest head to make such a horrible decision, I am absolutely fuming
Can't believe what I saw!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Is Marlion afraid to attack the footy? Several times in the first half he seemed to either avoid marking or even touching the footy.
Is he a forward, not so sure.

After a win - "Dimma is the greatest coach ever." After a loss - "Dimma can't coach." Surely we can do better than this.
Was pretty *smile* tonight.
B Scott gave him a bath.
The final kick into fwd 50 is a *smile* show.
But he doesnt change it.
When he does we win, last week.
There is no way we lose that game.
But we did.
Getting very frustrating to continually lose these games.
We have for over a decade.

I am just broken...we are a bottom team. The lack of connection between the mids and foward line is a joke . You can't have Trent/marlion/mansell / Doin in the same foward with jack coming to and end there is no scoring power and the foot skills im general are a disgraceful and the reason we lost !

Don't worry. Colina is only a few years away before he dominates this comp and we are back

• Haha
Too old, too slow in run and decisions, too many played out of position (covering for Lynch?), Prestia 11 disposals had no speed, must be injured. Jack not up to it any more, can't take a contested mark and delivery to him is poor. How did we get so close when we were smashed overhead? We'll finish 10th or lower I fear.

That's enough of McIntosh, we are desperate for kicking class and smarts. Just play Banks. McIntosh is a liability with the ball.
In case you haven't noticed, all our youngsters are crap (currently.) Dropping McIntosh would only make us that much worse.

You’re the one not comprehending.

Whilst we utterly butchered it, Essendon turned it over more than us and their efficiency inside 50 was worse than us as well.

Ergo, not being able to counter the insane amount of uncontested possessions they garnered, and the way they slowed us down as a result, cost us big time.

As someone else posted, Brad Scott owns Hardwick.
If we tried to counteract pointless sideways kicks in the backline we would have had no chance, it's not our game plan, we're not setup for that gameplan. We setup behind the ball. As I said, they kicked 2 goals in a half, we had their game plan under control. We lost it in the last with diabolical disposal and decision-making.

How many times did we bomb it in long only for our tall’s to be 10 metres behind the contest ?

Doesn’t help they are resting ruckman , Jesus bring in mid year trades & get Himelberg in now , at least he is athletic & will make a lead

Too old, too slow in run and decisions, too many played out of position (covering for Lynch?), Prestia 11 disposals had no speed, must be injured. Jack not up to it any more, can't take a contested mark and delivery to him is poor. How did we get so close when we were smashed overhead? We'll finish 10th or lower I fear.
Jack often gets compared to Hawkins and rightly so, given they started around the same time, similar games / goals. Problem is one is still near his prime (or just slightly off it) and looks like he could easily play on for another 3 years. While the other is way past his prime and looks like he's played on for 3 years too long.

Reactions: 5 users
Is Marlion afraid to attack the footy? Several times in the first half he seemed to either avoid marking or even touching the footy.
Is he a forward, not so sure.
I want him out. Had enough of his 33% efforts.

Reactions: 2 users