Gameday - Tigers V Swans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gameday - Tigers V Swans

Yep. Thought the move of Vlas was pivotal. He flew he contested he bought ball to g round and locked it in. Made the defenders accountable.
It's amazing the difference having a guy who can play a little like a KPF can make.

Reactions: 1 user
Why on earth do TV reporters persist with getting Dustin Martin on post-match interviews? He clearly hates doing it, doesn't want to do it, and so his answers are bland and add nothing to the coverage whatsoever. It's tedious to watch. Give it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Why on earth do TV reporters persist with getting Dustin Martin on post-match interviews? He clearly hates doing it, doesn't want to do it, and so his answers are bland and add nothing to the coverage whatsoever. It's tedious to watch. Give it up.
Because he is Dusty, but I totally agree.

He didn’t do them for a long time but that ban seems to have gone.

Reactions: 1 users
I was there last night, gutsy win. I thought we were gone twice .
Early on we were playing like we were still at the Gabba, even when we had the ball it was laborious but we couldn't get our hands on it. I thought we were no chance.
In the 3rd quarter I thought we had blown it after dominating the quarter and giving up 2 goals late.
I felt strangely confident once we hit the front and we did deserve to win the game. I suspect if you look at the stats after quarter time we probably dominated

I've already talked about why I'm refusing to go tonight, so I'll leave it at that... But it doesn't feel like its game day today. Maybe because i know i'll be suffering through the terrible ch 7 commentary. (n) Plus its not the weekend yet.
Booked in a leave day weeks ago so it's a long weekend, which is always better than a normal weekend. Why suffer through the inane gibbering of the commentators? Silent movies are o.k. and you always have the scores on display to act as a sub title

Well I’ve got the tigers on tv, then if thats too much for my blood pressure then I can switch over to the le tour to watch Hindley ride in yellow (sat up and watched him win last night), wow an Australian wearing yellow doesn’t come along every day and then if that doesn’t tickle my fancy then there is the cricket (I sat up on Sunday to watch the poms melt, loveerlee) - crikey that’s a weeks sporting highlight crammed into one evening - that’s heaven baby, don’t know how to manage it really.

………. then the misses goes and books tickets tonight to watch an aboriginal dance group perform ……….arggghhhhhh
So the missus took a friend to dance night then??????

• Haha
A mix of happy and unhappy with last night. Happy because we won another close game and i love beating the swans. unhappy because that first quarter/half was incredibly poor, the crowd was OK (still would have got 60,000+ on a Saturday arvo) and our set shots were woeful.

Booked in a leave day weeks ago so it's a long weekend, which is always better than a normal weekend. Why suffer through the inane gibbering of the commentators? Silent movies are o.k. and you always have the scores on display to act as a sub title

Are you serious? I'm not wasting an annual leave day on a game of footy (finals excluded).

Really would prefer cumberland given a run of games .MJ pressure was v good .So maybe pickett out for Cumbo .?

But seriously the coach doesn’t ask the players for the Gameplan.
The Honeymoon is Over baby - we are in a state of limbo, flux
Apart from a few minor tweaks it's virtually impossible to overhaul a game plan mid season. The game is all about systems and structures these days and they play that way game after game, win lose or draw.
Pre season is where they do all the tactics n testing to overhaul the system and even then the footy's often as clunky as buggery for a few weeks until the players get instinctively used to the new set ups.

I was there last night, gutsy win. I thought we were gone twice .
Early on we were playing like we were still at the Gabba, even when we had the ball it was laborious but we couldn't get our hands on it. I thought we were no chance.
In the 3rd quarter I thought we had blown it after dominating the quarter and giving up 2 goals late.
I felt strangely confident once we hit the front and we did deserve to win the game. I suspect if you look at the stats after quarter time we probably dominated

Yeah I think the stats definitely show that.

I remember checking my phone at quarter time, and we were something like -45 in disposals, -8 in inside 50's, uncontested possessions were double ours (something like -30) and we were down on clearances.

End of the game, and we were -8 in disposals (so +38 for the remaining 3 quarters), +8 in inside 50's, so +16 for the remaining 3 quarters, uncontested possessions were ended -13 so we closed that gap, but most importantly was clearance where we ended +16. Got smashed in this area last week, this week we won CP and smashed them in clearance (particularly at the CC where we were smashed by the Lions last week). Something like 17 scoring shots to 6 in the 2nd half.

We can’t ask for much more - great win and 4 pts right now feel like so much more.

They often say you start a game the way you finished the previous one (a bit of motivation to end games well) but thats how it felt last night - it took us 5 qtrs to fire up the ol‘ tiger engine since the bye but at least they did. I reckon those 5 qtrs collective are the worst 5 qtrs I have seen for probably a decade or more.

But the fact they were able to turn it around so convincingly against a team also desperate to win is a credit to them - the good thing for us is we now have another 8 quarters to fine tune our game plan and work on our scoring craft, and we need it.

There is enough talent there to score, but it will be ugly scoring, we all know that and have seen that before, what is missing is the ability to lock the ball into our forward half and stop transition goals from our defensive half - that’s our glaring weekness and the Lions politely gave us an invaluable lesson on that last week - we need to take those learnings into the last 5 games if we are any chance. We showed last night we can still do that.

The commentators were talking as if that was an elimination final, maybe it was, but our true test comes in 3 weeks time against a vulnerable looking dees at the G. We need to build our game quickly so we can beat top 8 teams, just need to take care of business along the way.

Reactions: 5 users
A bit of accuracy in front of goals and a better F50 delivery plan other than “bomb it in” and we,re good to go.

Think I will need and will have a stiff whisky or two before watching this game.
Might deaden the loss, if that is the case, somewhat.
Then again it might be a celebratory shot of black label.
Never has my whisky felt so good!!

Not sure if it was mini or something else but things changed in the 2nd, we started to win he footy (I think I saw we were -45 for disposals in the first quarter), and we slowly got on top.
Sides that chip it and hold possession while keeping the ball moving are our kryptonite. We managed to turn it into a Richmond game. The rain helped though the switch had occurred just before then.

The commentators were talking as if that was an elimination final,

Commentators weren't the only ones, I had it tagged elimination as soon as we got smashed by Brisbane, lose last night and we were done, (actually all games henceforth are probably elimination finals unless we win every game leading up to Port game as we still need to win 6 from remaining 7 to get in).

It seemed to me that the Swannies had run their race and were not as quick as in the first 2 quarters.
That is why I said we were not out of it in a previous post.
They had, to my eyes, slowed up considerably.