Goodbye Mabior Chol | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Goodbye Mabior Chol

Mabs no chance, sorry. Nanks and Soldo combining well. They'll be going into the grand final whoever we play. And so they should.

Not sure who should come in but Nank hardly got off the ground last night. He isn’t fit and is likely to be a liability against Grundie. Chol or Balta can both jump high. We will need one of the two if we meet Collingwood.

Reactions: 1 user
Disagree. We looked so bloody slow.

Slow? They're ruckmen. You think Chol will make us quick? He's not ready for an AFL grand final. Once he becomes consistent and stops regularly day dreaming he might be a chance. In the meantime experience wins a spot every time. GWS have Mummy. He'd snap Chol in half.

Reactions: 2 users
In a horses for courses selection , I’m not sure mummy is going to make any of our rucks look slow , but he may make them look like schoolboys in the ruck ,

I think they will stick with the two mature bodies

I hope you watched today's game Too. Nothing's changed. Chol zero chance. Needs to change his attitude to make an AFL career. CCJ and Balta are way ahead of him.

We have the luxury of having all of our young rucks signed till end of 2021.

There are other clubs that would look to pick up another ruck who has been in the system for a few years ala Chol.

If we get a decent offer for Chol, we should take it.

We have the luxury of having all of our young rucks signed till end of 2021.

There are other clubs that would look to pick up another ruck who has been in the system for a few years ala Chol.

If we get a decent offer for Chol, we should take it.
Back off for the night and let the guy enjoy his VFL GF win.

He’s part of a club/team that will be willing his RFC team mates to even greater heights on the biggest stage next Saturday.

Choi's biggest problem is his mind switches off at various stages in a match so we can't afford to have a man in the GF who only has the mindset to be a part time player. Nanks will be all the better for his run out in the PF and will ably support our first ruck and be more than useful around the ground

Reactions: 1 users
I have a lot of time for Mabs as a prospect. X said a week or two ago that he was getting to lots of contests - that's the key. He is the perfect 2nd ruck if he clicks - an agile, skilful, goal-kicking forward who can hold his own in the middle and even break the odd ankle. Good news.

Reactions: 5 users
He is highly skilled. Love to see him develop the sort of dogged determination some from Southern Sudan are known for. Translate that in to AFL and you would demand respect from all comers!!

Yeah its the desire with Mabs. He's a beautiful kick, if he can get it all to click he could be great for us. I think thats why the club keep rolling his contract over, they know its there and hoping that the determination etc comes through this season.

Reactions: 2 users
Only because CCJ is ahead of him

Depends how we want to play it. After tonight it seems we want to play a winger as 2nd ruck, hence Kmac and Broad in there. You'd need someone more mobile than CCJ in that instance, so either Chol or Balta would seem likely.

Reactions: 1 users
Choi is a chaos type of player and you never know when he will turn it on or go missing. When he is good he is very good but that is not often enough. Also as a smart footy player he is not in the same class as CCJ