Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I don’t know how to put this in words without sounding arrogant because it’s not meant to be, but I’ve felt the reverse since around 2018. Whenever we are behind in any game, even by 5 or more goals I’ve never felt like we are out of it. Most times my confidence is justified. It’s a good feeling to have after decades of wondering how are we going to stuff up this lead.
My Dad said he was like that about us in the 70’s. Confident that even if we were down, we’d find a way to turn it around and run out winners. We had Royce back then, now we’ve got Dusty.

Reactions: 5 users

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Please help
Geelong are still looking for number 32, he was last seen just before half time in last year's Grand Final.

Probably hanging our drinking with my bosses... Yep!.... If we lost that one, I had over-payed, overvalued smug management to deal with for a year as we are based in GEElong. Amazing how quick they shut up. I said nothing.

My Smirk will keep me going.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dimma- this is where we see what’s inside you and what’s inside the guy next to you!!!

Scotty - this is where we see ducking, diving, playing for free kicks and making sure your hair looks as good as the guy beside you
Ha!
Scotty - do it for what you love!
Dangerfield - oh, geez. You guys. I love all of yours too.
Scotty - I was talking about the jumper, the club.

Reactions: 1 user

frickenel

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2003
Chirnside Park
www.planetecho.com.au
I'd like to see all the people who ever questioned his heart and courage come into the game as a beanpole draftee and head straight into the centre bounce in their first couple of seasons against the monsters in the opposition sides. No heart lacking in a kid who does that.
Ah but alas, so often his feet wouldn't leave the ground, instead employing the "i'll trick him by not going up" strategy!

The frustrating thing for me with Vickery was how good he should have been. He was mobile, had good hands when he led at the ball, was accurate and for a guy his size, could turn players half his height inside out. To this day, it puzzled me how a guy his height could turn in so small a space. It might have had something to do with his hips, which seemed to rotate when he ran, sort of like a super model on the cat walk, only he did it while running (and no, it didn';t turn me on at all)!

Early in his career, he did hit up at the ball, like he should and too often the passes would float over his head or go to his boot laces, but at least he was hitting up. In his later years ,he just blocked up the dangerous spot in the forward line and wouldn't move. He stagnated the whole forward line and made us stink. I didn't think Aaron Edwards was a particulary briliant footballer, but i felt our forward line functioned so much better when he was playing, simply because he was always moving, and spaces would open up.

With Tyrone, it was opposite, and i tihnk this is what Hawthorn learned very quickly, that he'd developed a habit of just running into where he thought he could get an easy goal, and it blocked everything up. The enema for Hawthorn and Richmond was getting him off the list.

The frustrating thing was that at 200cm tall, with good hands and mobility, he would have been a very dangerous forward if he just hit up at the ball...... but he didn't!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Probably hanging our drinking with my bosses... Yep!.... If we lost that one, I had over-payed, overvalued smug management to deal with for a year as we are based in GEElong. Amazing how quick they shut up. I said nothing.

My Smirk will keep me going.
Sounds like pretty much any work place i know. If some of them could tie thier own shoe laces i wouldn't be impressed, i'd be amazed!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user