Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final 2020 Thread Richmond Vs Geelong / Game Day Thread

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
I never get tired of watching Dusty's goals.

The first three are special as they are low % against all odds goals from a freak at the top of his game.The fourth is as heartless and ruthless as a David Attenborough film on the African savannah as a lion takes a baby gazelle.
lol and Geelong is a great team apparently so it needs freaks to beat them

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I just don't feel it TM, still hear the words of my first footy coach as a 5 year old ringing in my ears.

Be humble when you win and graceful when you lose.
Haaarrgh, you must be similar old like me. Trouble with that humble n graceful crap is that no-ones paid any heed to it the last 20 years or so. It's almost always full on strut n dance every time someone farts without following through.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Be humble when you win and graceful when you lose.
That’s a rule I usually follow. It’s a pretty good rule.
However, as the old saying goes, there’s always an exception to the rule
And in footy, that exception is those *smile* cheating arrogant cheating *smile* and their salty prickly pricky *smile* of a coach. Not to mention the *smile* who changed the rules to make it easier for them to win. And their arrogant *smile* hick fans who were never humble in their domination of us in the years prior to us dominating them :)

Oh, the same goes for carlscum :ROFLMAO:
(an exception to exception rule :))

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
The first three are special as they are low % against all odds goals from a freak at the top of his game.The fourth is as heartless and ruthless as a David Attenborough film on the African savannah as a lion takes a baby gazelle.
lol and Geelong is a great team apparently so it needs freaks to beat them
If the fourth goal had been the third (i.e., pretty much a sealer), it would be hailed as one of the greatest goals ever. But hand on heart you would have to think that if the game was still in the balance, then at least one of the five Geelong players around him might have made more of an effort.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Good times.

Found the "Sound the Alarm" vid on YouTube and thought I'd post it here. Sadly not working for me :mad:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

TigerGlory

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
So why did everything go haywire from them on?......

Notice the Soviet at 35:37 in the background ready to attack?
No doubt SHocking played a role but I reckon 2020 really took its toll on our ageing champions along with a drop off in our manic pressure. Hoped we could snag 1 more flag with this group but it was not to be. A truly wonderful era, nonetheless.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No doubt SHocking played a role but I reckon 2020 really took its toll on our ageing champions along with a drop off in our manic pressure. Hoped we could snag 1 more flag with this group but it was not to be. A truly wonderful era, nonetheless.
It's kinda funny isn't it?
Brisvegas had an era.
The Moggies had an era.
Hawforn had an era.
But during all that time nobody in the upper echelons of the games management felt the need to go with a bunch of rule changes to fix everything that was suddenly wrong with the game.
Tigerland had an era and the bastards couldn't change the rules quick enough to eliminate what we were doing.

Reactions: 9 users

TigerGlory

Tiger Cub
Mar 15, 2014
It's kinda funny isn't it?
Brisvegas had an era.
The Moggies had an era.
Hawforn had an era.
But during all that time nobody in the upper echelons of the games management felt the need to go with a bunch of rule changes to fix everything that was suddenly wrong with the game.
Tigerland had an era and the bastards couldn't change the rules quick enough to eliminate what we were doing.
Yep, when Richmond is successful the boy’s club at head office move quicklybto change the rules. It was the same in the late 60s / early 70s. The more hated we are the greater the inverse relationship with our success.

Meteoric Rise

Tiger Cub
Feb 6, 2020
I watched it again recently - what a magnificent team. This link should work:

Best moment is around 15:35 when Dusty slots his first goal.

Camera cuts to Dimma, claps twice, says nothing.

Camera cuts to Salt. He tries to look calm but gulps. If you have ever seen a human being looking scared while trying to look tough, this is it. :)

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I was fortunate enough to be at 2017 Grand Final, nothing tops that, but beating the Scats comes very close.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
One thing that is sometimes forgetten about 2020 was that we lost the qualifying final and we lost it in a way that had me worried we wouldn't recover. We were so undisciplined that night. We never should have lost that game because we were undoubtedly a better finals team than Brisbane.

The saints were never going to beat us but the Preliminery Final win against Port is up there with the 2019 prelim as our best finals win in that era imo.

Typical Richmond in a way. The only year we took the traditional premiers route as the best team all year was 2018 and it was the only year in that time we didn't win it.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Best moment is around 15:35 when Dusty slots his first goal.

Camera cuts to Dimma, claps twice, says nothing.

Camera cuts to Salt. He tries to look calm but gulps. If you have ever seen a human being looking scared while trying to look tough, this is it. :)

Dusty’s goals are gold - and the way he immediately turns towards his teammates

When crying gryan slots one (after missing an earlier sitter) he charges towards the boundary and fist pumps the crowd