GWS Zones | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GWS Zones

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
craig said:
At this stage we'd likely have to finish bottom 3 or 4 to even have a chance to think about him or any of the big gun talls.

Ballenden, Brander, Balta, Paech we have to hope some of them drop a few pegs in the ratings over the course of the season to get a look at getting even one of them.

Could always trade the two firsts for a top 4 pick and a late second rounder. Whatever happens we need to walk away with a tall. Not fussed how we go about it but it has to happen. Brisbane will pick Ballenden no matter what so there's our logical starting point.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That is true Bully but the lack of core talls for the future is non existent to be honest in my opinion gotta get 2 or 3 genuine Key Talls this draft with ideally 2 of em being top weights.

I wonder if the Tigers could shake one of the gaggle of talls the lions have stockpiled of recent if it comes to that.

Hipwood, Andrews , Hammelman, or McStay might be handy, they will not let Schache go.

Would you consider any of those guys if available Bully?

I know that is straw clutching stuff at this point in time and we need another season to play out to get a true indication of whose doing what and where.

Cheers

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
craig said:
That is true Bully but the lack of core talls for the future is non existent to be honest in my opinion gotta get 2 or 3 genuine Key Talls this draft with ideally 2 of em being top weights.

I wonder if the Tigers could shake one of the gaggle of talls the lions have stockpiled of recent if it comes to that.

Hipwood, Andrews , Hammelman, or McStay might be handy, they will not let Schache go.

Would you consider any of those guys if available Bully?

I know that is straw clutching stuff at this point in time and we need another season to play out to get a true indication of whose doing what and where.

Cheers

Hipwood is the pick of the bunch, would certainly entertain a trade at the right price. With Ballenden & Schache up forward they may see Hipwood as surplus, don't know their thinking about his best position. The Lions desperately need a key defender so maybe we can help them get one with both our first rounders, if we landed say pick 8 & 10, the Lions may well be tempted to trade their probable top 4 pick. That would likely get them Ballenden & a player like Clavarino, could be a win-win.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There were rumours a few months back that Schache wasn't happy up there and we were into him. It would probably take both our first-rounders to snare him but could be worth it.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Could always trade the two firsts for a top 4 pick and a late second rounder. Whatever happens we need to walk away with a tall. Not fussed how we go about it but it has to happen. Brisbane will pick Ballenden no matter what so there's our logical starting point.

Or maybe we could just get in the ear of Josh Schache, Leppa can inform josh how good it is to be at a real club and the Roar of 75,000 members when you kick a goal at the MCG

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Or maybe we could just get in the ear of Josh Schache, Leppa can inform josh how good it is to be at a real club and the Roar of 75,000 members when you kick a goal at the MCG

Hayden McLean is one I'll be keeping close tabs on this year, if he kicks on then there may be some options with our first pick. Here's my list of key position possibles.

1. Brander
2. Balta
3. McLean
4. Paesch
5. Hayes (more ruck at this stage)

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
spook said:
There were rumours a few months back that Schache wasn't happy up there and we were into him. It would probably take both our first-rounders to snare him but could be worth it.

It's also quite interesting to hear in ET's report, on the Pre-Season Training page, that Scrimshaw was down training with us.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
leon said:
It's also quite interesting to hear in ET's report, on the Pre-Season Training page, that Scrimshaw was down training with us.

tenor.gif

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
mrposhman said:
Theres an article on the AFL site that says the AFL have yet to make their mind up about whether he is in the GWS academy zone. It sounds a very tenuous link to GWS, his family have 2 homes, 1 in the zone and 1 outside. It sounds like he has had very little involvement with GWS other than playing 1 game for their academy team. Surely the AFL sees sense and allows him to go into the ope draft.

Theres also an article now about Ballendon. Its chalk and cheese between the 2. In Ballendons case, this is what the academy system should be about. The Brander one (if he is given to GWS) is just out of location, no impact of the academy on the development of the player.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Well GWS dont have a 1st rounder - They will be in the hunt for a selection and we have 2 1st rounders

Jacob Hopper would fit right into punt road

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Well GWS dont have a 1st rounder - They will be in the hunt for a selection and we have 2 1st rounders

More interested in KP forwards at this stage. No more delays, it has to be this year.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
turk-d-tiger said:

Those in the know from NSW think Hopper will be a better player than both Heaney and Mills. I'd take that every day of the week. Unless we trade for 2 metre Peter

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Id love Hopper at the Tigers and from whats been reported he is looking to move and would be the perfect opportunity to get him in the yellow and black

Kid will become a beast in 2 years

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
turk-d-tiger said:

they'll get more than enough early picks with thier currency no problem, keep in mind they got pick 3 for McCarthy who hasn't played in 12 mths.... that'd be like us doing the same trade for Yarran.... Clubs need to boycott trading with them.

also KPF's need to be our clear #1 focus this off season.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Jonesracing82 said:
they'll get more than enough early picks with thier currency no problem, keep in mind they got pick 3 for McCarthy who hasn't played in 12 mths.... that'd be like us doing the same trade for Yarran.... Clubs need to boycott trading with them.

also KPF's need to be our clear #1 focus this off season.

They didnt get #3 for McCarthy on his own, They gave up #7 i believe, So effectively just a 4 spot upgrade

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
They didnt get #3 for McCarthy on his own, They gave up #7 i believe, So effectively just a 4 spot upgrade

Bargain of a lifetime for Freo.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
turk-d-tiger said:
Yes ! Freo seem to have gotten alot of bargains of lately

Players with depression and personal problems have had a terrible strike rate recently. Let's not hand out prizes for best bargains just yet. Chris Yarran and Clarke say hello