If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Disagree, the AFL needs the tv rights revenue

rather that than no footy at all
AFL just got a line of credit to survive
Would of thought player safety would have been the first priority, not TV rights .
Rather no footy
Season is a mess
Playing footy with no crowds isn’t the answer
No gate receipts
Might as well call it off .
And what about the family’s of players .
Players away for weeks
It’s not going to happen

Last edited:

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Yep, they have 400 million reasons to get it going again.

Has the AFL spend all the money it made last year? Is this year by year business? Bloody weird, a dollar in your pocket Gill is your best friend.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Has the AFL spend all the money it made last year? Is this year by year business? Bloody weird, a dollar in your pocket Gill is your best friend.

exactly.
A business thinking it never ever be in this situation.
Can't believe the *smile* weak media tip toeing around him.
Like he is a god.
The AFL should've had enough money to last it 50 years.
But over staffed, bullshitt ideas like AFLX, International academy's and propping up useless clubs like North and stikikda.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm sure they have some reserves but to be fair I don't think anyone could ever have anticipated this and not many businesses can withstand a 95% drop in revenue.

Apart from a war being fought in Australia or a plane crash involving one of the teams, I can't imagine anything that would shut down the competition for an extended period of time and I don't think many people would have anticipated a virus would have this impact.

They make a 8 million buck's out of a GF.
They make over 50 million over the finals.
They make more then 300 million in the home and away
They make 350.million from Tv.
They make over 200 milion in sponsorship.
How could they be broke??

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Shocking administration.
They will ruin the game to fill up the till again.
Shorter qtrs.
12 games a week.
15 game season.
17 teams make finals.
We will be forced to play Collingwood 10 times in a row to drive up the cash replenishment.
After this McClaglan needs to resign
He has brought the game into disrepute.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Marginally. The first game didn't feel right. Nothing about it felt right.

Actually beating Carlton felt right.:D
football is an entertainment product that is modelled on crowd participation. I really wanted them to try and get the season underway and done
Changed my mind after round 1
TV product that I watched didn’t feel right . Game was perceived as being flat

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
football is an entertainment product that is modelled on crowd participation. I really wanted them to try and get the season underway and done

The game without a crowd.
Isn't football.
The AFL is scrambling all efforts to start this Mickey Mouse Model of AFL to get money back, thats the only reason.
Look at the premier league/serie A, they will start when the virus has gone.
Buckley yesterday "Shorter qtrs suit our style"
exactly a club like Collingwood would love 5 minute qtrs , 6-6-6, 8 on the bench, its there only chance of winning a flag. Opps i forgot to mention a chance to win a flag that isn't in September.
Collingwood haven't won a flag in September since Jesus was playing CHB for us in 806bc

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm very strong on this. If the fans can't go to the game then there should be no footy. that should be the threshold for re-starting, even if that means limited capacity (ie. 1 person for every 3 or 4 seats). I'm sure clubs can work out some type of ballot system for members if need be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm very strong on this. If the fans can't go to the game then there should be no footy. that should be the threshold for re-starting, even if that means limited capacity (ie. 1 person for every 3 or 4 seats). I'm sure clubs can work out some type of ballot system for members.

Yeah fill the MCG with 22 supporters from oposing sides.
No fans No football
Flk the AFL

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Don’t know how they can play games without gaining gate receipts . Unless the AFL has some trees where they grow money ‍♂️. You might find the banks won’t be allowing this as they will have control on AFL expenditure. Might further add the only reason they got a line of credit and it took 2 banks to facilitate this was through the enormous cash component ( gate receipts , merchandise licenses etc ) that the AFL can generate . Any expenditure without sufficient return will be knocked on the head . Plus they are in the process of losing huge sponsors . TV rights currently is discussion as well .

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Have to agree. I sure haven't been in any hurry to watch a replay.
It felt like a practice game.

Jack said on 360 that's why we fell away in the second half as they had none of the usual energy to feed off at our home game.
No crowd didn't feel right for the players either.

Wellfullness

Tiger Cub
Oct 19, 2019
Agree Oldie, but this is our time. Want season to go ahead while we have the likes of Cotchin, Edwards, Grimes, Houli, Martin, Lynch, Prestia, Riewoldt, Valistuin, and possibly even Rance.
Next year they are a year older and it looks like all teams may reduce lists to 35.
Allowing for the fact that we will have also to make room for the draft, here is not much chance that this group of 10, will ever again have the opportunity to run out together again.

Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Don’t know how they can play games without gaining gate receipts . Unless the AFL has some trees where they grow money ‍♂. You might find the banks won’t be allowing this as they will have control on AFL expenditure. Might further add the only reason they got a line of credit and it took 2 banks to facilitate this was through the enormous cash component ( gate receipts , merchandise licenses etc ) that the AFL can generate . Any expenditure without sufficient return will be knocked on the head . Plus they are in the process of losing huge sponsors . TV rights currently is discussion as well .

good point. they won't be able to go back to paying players 100% salary until revenues flow through. they might have to keep accepting the 50% (or more) pay cut if they return to playing with no crowds.