If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No surprises that the AFLW is being questioned. Going to be hard enough to support one league let alone another that doesn't actually make money.

Several clubs fielding AFLW teams are seriously questioning whether they can afford to continue in the national women's competition given the dire financial circumstances at a time they could be forced to cut their second-tier teams and academies.

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
No surprises that the AFLW is being questioned. Going to be hard enough to support one league let alone another that doesn't actually make money.

Several clubs fielding AFLW teams are seriously questioning whether they can afford to continue in the national women's competition given the dire financial circumstances at a time they could be forced to cut their second-tier teams and academies.

It is not a good sign for the afl

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

I doubt Foxtel will broadcast AFLW in 2020.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I liked the calm well reasoned answers that Peggy gave in her interview as compared to the hysterical rantings of McGuire.

Richmond president Peggy O'Neal says she understands if members want refunds, and urged any experiencing financial stress to get in touch with the club.

Reactions: 4 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
The way things are shaping up I can't for the life of me see any games playing this year.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Reported on SEN/9 that June 11 is the date the season will resume.
Well, good luck with that. Some on telly and the media are suggesting a period of 12 months before we are out of the woods.

Doom and gloom perhaps, but these are supposed experts.

If that is correct then no footy this year at least, and god help us all financially!!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Reported on SEN/9 that June 11 is the date the season will resume.

yay.

lock em all in a remote thunderdome for 3 months and show us some *smile* footy.

I actually don't care if they wear Ronald McDonald masks and play 5 minute halves

I just want some *smile* footy.

and what's is Peggy talking about?

I'd eat stale crumbs off the floor, if it meant I could watch the tigers play.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I think we'll see a staged withdrawal of the restrictions.

Early June could be a possibility.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Desperate times lead to desperate measures..

Must be the worst ever idea of all time( 18 metre square is a close 2nd ) . Not practical. Cost millions which they haven’t got for what purpose ? Can’t raise any gate receipts etc . Fair dinkum garbage by Hocking and the AFL . Anyway where would there multi million Dollar state of the art “ bunker be located . Give me a spell !!

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
I contacted the club today asking for a refund on my membership due to hardship.
I was told that my payments would be suspended but the club are not refunding at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Must be the worst ever idea of all time( 18 metre square is a close 2nd ) . Not practical. Cost millions which they haven’t got for what purpose ? Can’t raise any gate receipts etc . Fair dinkum garbage by Hocking and the AFL . Anyway where would there multi million Dollar state of the art “ bunker be located . Give me a spell !!

Disagree, the AFL needs the tv rights revenue

rather that than no footy at all