If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
A week no chance.
There are rumours already one player is awaiting results from a BIG Melbourne club.

This season should be cancelled and have a mini cup season .
17 games each, midweek games.
You cannot give a premiership to a side that has won 14 games in front of 0 people.
90% of our game is the people/supporters.

This will make or break Gilligan. If he tries to appease the sponsors and broadcast partners instead of protecting the clubs the game may never recover. Clubs will cease to exist before the end of the year

There will be no govt handouts for a comp that pays no tax and no AFL handouts means more than 50% of the club will be in liquidation this year

Sponsors will need the money back to save themselves. Even the powerful clubs will need players to agree to forego their contract $ and members not to ask for a refund.

We”ll survive off the back of our cash surpluses but we”ll be broke. Clubs like the Hawks and Carlton that survive off pokies will be gone

Next year it may be only Richmond, Geelong, Collinglol, West C, Freo, Adelaide, Essendon and Sydney that are left

Last edited:

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I have just purchased away game seats which I will get a refund through ticketek . In regards to 3121 membership which I have 4 of . The MCC does take a component of these memberships for seating on game day . Therefore I expect a refund for the games we aren’t allowed to attend either full or partial component for seating allocation .

Reactions: 2 users

brigadiertiger

Tiger Champion
Dec 1, 2005
I voted cheese sandwich because I am hungry but seriously have three memberships and it would be a donation don't get to games anyway so no difference really.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I say 2017 an 19 paid that back 10 fold

yeah. I honestly reckon I stuffed in more joy in the last sat in sept 2017,

than most accumulate in a life.

It was like my life flashed before my eyes, but I was still alive.

in fact, I was drinking stolen booze in swan st.

how *smile* lucky are we?

none can ever take that *smile* out of our brains.

I think the maggots and worms will sit bolt upright when they chew through the memory bit of my brain,

and 'go wooo. *smile*, that was some crazy *smile*' in some kind of primitive invertebrate language.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
I think the club (or the AFL) should offer the members a refund out of principle. But that doesn't mean I would take it. I think the morally right thing to do is make refunds available for people who want it. People might need the money if this virus continues to get worse.

in addition, I have purchased tix to 2 away games (St Kilda and Melbourne). If I can't go, then I will be expecting a full refund. no ifs or buts.
My tip is they work out some form of discount on memberships for next year, but it will be made known at some stage this year so punters are put off next years outlay.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I feel they still own me for the 37 years of **** before 2017.
Had fifteen years of glory n five flags before the *smile* hit the fan. Proud of the club for the way they have rebuilt themselves n mighty thankful for another two flags, certainly stopped my daughter from constantly carping at me for making her a Tiger. Whatever imbalance of funds there is, I'm o.k. if the club keeps it to ease there way through this hysterical *smile*.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I would go for an incentive scheme.

You get an offer of a few options:
  • a partial refund, or full refund I suppose if the season is cancelled
  • no refund but a discount on next year's membership
  • no refund and no discount, but, by refusing all of that, your membership either goes up a level (to silver, gold, platinum etc) or the offer could be to add, say, 3 years to your years of membership .
This means those who need the refund could get it and those who don't have an incentive to leave their funds with the club.

DS

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Donate to the club. The clubs will be needing all the help they can get over this period.

Other posters putting forward some good ideas though such as discounts for next years memberships etc

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i prob wouldnt worry too much, but there should be an option for people to seek a refund, particularly while people risk losing jobs etc.

if games go ahead too long without fans the AFL should look to at least offer free AFL live passes to members, or Kayo (preferably).

I am still not quite sure why as a premiership club member i cant attend. its not like we would be mixing with ferals from Carlton, and we arent generally the type to froth at the mouth. surely they could let us in, and maybe 3121 members, and just allow us to sit in every 3rd seat in every 2nd row around the stadium.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Here’s the left field, what about all the Auskick and local club coin that filters to AFL now that everything is cancelled and delayed indefinitely.... forking out $300 for an 8 yo to not train or play isn’t chump change ... then AFL club membership on top....
Interesting times

Odduna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 26, 2005
Melbourne
Interesting days ahead for all clubs.

I don't believe they can have a standard response for all categories of membership.

I am unsure if the club can keep all membership fees since the season has been reduced from 22 to 17 games (and corresponding reduction to home games).

Also, what will happen to those paying for the bolt ons like the Maurice Rioli club? You are paying for an option to get access to tickets to a grand final if Richmond participates. If afl cancel the grand final, there is no way Richmond can participate. Is it fair that fee is not returned?

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Got an email from Benny Gale today, nice of him to take time out, I imagine he must be busy, mentioning they were looking at exclusive offers for members to offset the loss of member benefits. These are still in development.