If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Read on website tonight that those on a monthly plan, they will continue to debit . How on earth those with a 3121 membership which is a value added membership with features and benefits that the club can continue to do this when there is no benefits ?
Very clear now we won’t be attending any games this year .

Reactions: 1 user
I’d seriously like the club to give members the options in this poll.

Some of us will be harder hit than others.

And most of us would love a free cheese sandwich at our next visit to the ‘G.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I will be out of work by next week as will my wife . . I know plenty I speak to will be the same . No email from the club saying there intentions, but advised on the website . Poor form I say

Read on website tonight that those on a monthly plan, they will continue to debit . How on earth those with a 3121 membership which is a value added membership with features and benefits that the club can continue to do this when there is no benefits ?
I’d be surprised if we weren’t allowed back in within 8w , in which times including a suspension of play , we may have only missed 4-5 . A lockout of 4 months or more is a long way away

I'd be ok with a donation of some kind but not real keen on donating several thousand dollars if the season doesn't go ahead. There needs to be some compromise here.

There need to be options.

Club membership is membership not a season ticket, but the reality is that this is not a trivial amount of money and many sacrifices are made to join.

I hope that the club can come up with some good choices for members, the leadership we have gives me some confidence but they will also need to be looking at the financial position of the club. Another factor is whether the AFL will decree the options offered by all clubs.

DS

I’d be surprised if we weren’t allowed back in within 8w , in which times including a suspension of play , we may have only missed 4-5 . A lockout of 4 months or more is a long way away

Going to miss the entire year

There need to be options.

Club membership is membership not a season ticket, but the reality is that this is not a trivial amount of money and many sacrifices are made to join.

I hope that the club can come up with some good choices for members, the leadership we have gives me some confidence but they will also need to be looking at the financial position of the club. Another factor is whether the AFL will decree the options offered by all clubs.

DS

The 3121 is sold with features and benefits you cannot use eg reserve seats etc
Ticketek are refunding those who purchase seats for the away games . Club has to refund seat component for home games . This isn’t negotiable

I'd be staggered if we were allowed in this year.

It's a really hard situation in a really hard time for the planet.

At the end of the day I think it is a question of what you can afford to do to help the club and game you love.

I doubt there is anything written in anyone's contracts or conditions of membership because no-one will have ever considered this possibility.

It is very much unprecedented and there are no clear answers.

That's why I reckon give options, some incentive to let the club keep the money, on top of helping the club survive that is. Also, an option for a refund as many would have had trouble affording the membership to start with and likely many more now given the insecurity of work has just become even worse.

Given all this I'm not surprised the clubs have not worked out what to do yet.

DS

Lots of people would have the rolling tiger. Just stop the payments.
I think stopping that would be the last resort . We don’t want to be doing that really . Just need a fair and reasonable solution . To keep charging is neither fair or reasonable

I think stopping that would be the last resort . We don’t want to be doing that really . Just need a fair and reasonable solution . To keep charging is neither fair or reasonable
Agree
But those of us that have paid our memberships in full shouldn’t be forgotten either
It’s not fair or reasonable to have saved to pay for memberships and not be offered the option of a refund

Clubs in a weaker financial position may not survive, which in turn changes the entire landscape of the game.

I was thinking about this in the night.

I'm in a financial and spiritual position to let RFC keep my $$$,

and the best thing is, that I know they will be socially responsible with my dough. They wont buy Dusty a diamond ring or Peggy a new car like corporate *smile*. They'll do good things. They'll reach out to their community army.

I'd like to see the powerful clubs help out the less powerful (Saints, Id like to see tigers buddy the saints, not *smile* north)

I would, however, like to see Collingwood go broke and cease to exist.

that '18 prelim left me irreparably bitter and twisted.

Reactions: 1 users
I'd like to see the powerful clubs help out the less powerful (Saints, Id like to see tigers buddy the saints, not ******* north)

This is what Eddie keeps whinging about.

I would, however, like to see Collingwood go broke and cease to exist.

that '18 prelim left me irreparably bitter and twisted.

Same here......but won't happen.

Clubs in a weaker financial position may not survive, which in turn changes the entire landscape of the game.

Gill needs to gain advice from ScoMo on a stimulus package. Only Bludgerbourne is ineligible as they've had too many in the past.

I wonder whether people would feel differently about the prospect of a refund if it meant the end of football as we know it, at least for a long period of time?

Depends on the people. We Richmond supporters we survived and kept our club alive through 30 years of FA decent football. Other clubs will need, and get a bail out, from the AFL, which while all good and equitable, we need to have some reward for sticking by the club.

No chance whatsoever. 8 weeks takes us to May and this won't even have peaked by then. I can't see crowds being allowed back this year.

Depends on the people. We Richmond supporters we survived and kept our club alive through 30 years of FA decent football. Other clubs will need, and get a bail out, from the AFL, which while all good and equitable, we need to have some reward for sticking by the club.

maybe if they cancel the season, they could award the 2020 premiership to the side with the most members? either that, or the reigning premier just gets another cup?

I wonder whether people would feel differently about the prospect of a refund if it meant the end of football as we know it, at least for a long period of time?

I'm no accountant but we made 4 million odd dollars last year and have about 25 million in the bank. We received a dividend of about 12 million from the AFL.

With the media rights worth about 400 million per year if there is little footy played this year that goes up in smoke and so would the dividend. We probably make 500k out of each home game on average, so there's another 6-7 million.

Straight away we are in a hole of about 14 million and that is before any accounting for sponsors wanting to revise agreements or not being able to meet commitments due to their own financial issues.

Throw in the reduced revenue from pokies and the leisure arm of the club and that 25 million in reserve has taken a huge hit.

And we are in a strong position.

Clubs in a weaker financial position may not survive, which in turn changes the entire landscape of the game. Media rights are worth less and a heap of revenue goes out of the game at a time when the AFL also has a financial crisis in every level of the game.

Footy is a small part of life, especially at the moment, but make no mistake it is under serious threat.

Where's all the money going? The solution is simple. Stop the spending. We're talking one year. Society as a whole will be taking a much much larger hit. Some supporters will need their money back. Me I'm happy to foresake my membership as I can afford it but individuals must be given a choice.