If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If Season Cancelled - refund or no refund?

Do you want to have your membership refunded or donated to the club if coronavirus affects games?

• Refund me please

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • Donate the money to benefit the club

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Let's go 50-50?

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Cheese sandwich

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I received one today but it was for my AFL membership.
Sounds like the questions were similar.
Eg: would you prefer a full refund, partial refund, full credit, partial credit or pay your membership as usual.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I dont want or need my money back for my RFC membership , its for the club.

I don't go to games anymore anyway unless I am working at them.

I'm a member to support the club whether I go or not.

I was at Punt Road Oval during that terrible day during the SOS Campaign as a kid buying stickers with my pocket money to help the mighty RFC survive, when they wanted to take our beloved Tigers away from all of us. I remember the Great Jack Dyer shaking the ground and the stands as he ignited the masses with his call to arms. ( I got his autograph too ).

That black mark in time must never be allowed to be revisited.

Love my Tigers and I will always support them financially whatever way I can big or small.

Reactions: 5 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Survey done.
Pay up front every year.
Money has long gone.
Every little bit helps

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
30 odd years ago when I signed up for AFL membership it was never about what I could do for them!
Just did their survey and one of the boxes you get to tick is that you are an AFL member because you feel it shows your support for your club AND THE LEAGUE!
They don't give you the option of either ....... because they ******* know we don't buy it to support them overpaid lazy loafers at HO!
In my case I've always bought it so ....
a) Richmond get my club member component
b) I'm virtually guaranteed a ticket when we get to the GF
c) I can mostly just rock up and a get a reasonable seat at the G whenever we play

Since I can afford it, I would rather my entire subscription be handed over to the club. Unfortunately they don't give you that option nor do you get to leave a comment to possibly ask for it.
Wonder if they'll respond to an email?

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
30 odd years ago when I signed up for AFL membership it was never about what I could do for them!
Just did their survey and one of the boxes you get to tick is that you are an AFL member because you feel it shows your support for your club AND THE LEAGUE!
They don't give you the option of either ....... because they ******* know we don't buy it to support them overpaid lazy loafers at HO!
In my case I've always bought it so ....
a) Richmond get my club member component
b) I'm virtually guaranteed a ticket when we get to the GF
c) I can mostly just rock up and a get a reasonable seat at the G whenever we play

Since I can afford it, I would rather my entire subscription be handed over to the club. Unfortunately they don't give you that option nor do you get to leave a comment to possibly ask for it.
Wonder if they'll respond to an email?
I’m still waiting for them to tell us what they will do with monies made from supporters buying reserved seat upgrade packages. They can keep my membership money but I bloody well want the upgrade coin returned in full.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I’m still waiting for them to tell us what they will do with monies made from supporters buying reserved seat upgrade packages. They can keep my membership money but I bloody well want the upgrade coin returned in full.
have you asked them ?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Nor here - and I'm one who will be prepared to sacrifice the money already paid upfront (for a bunch of us too) - so they're missing out on generally good feedback.

I've found an issue with my account, it is using an old email address (one I can't access) which was tied to an old Ticketmaster account. It is an address I can't change because, well, because there is an account with my new email address (an account I use). So, I log in with my new email address, try and correct the email address and it won't let me.

Bloody technology, about as reliable as a dead horse.

I contacted the club, if that doesn't work I'll contact Ticketmaster.

This might explain why I haven't got the survey, or maybe not since I have never used the old email address with my club membership.

DS

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
The idea of a survey runs across the individual members right to take charge of his/her own affairs and use his own money as he sees fit.
As I said in an earlier post every member should be asked if he wants his money returned, or whether he would prefer to donate it.
A survey is just a bull.... way of pressing those who want their money back to acquiesce to the view of the majority, who will not.
Poor effort by Ben.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The idea of a survey runs across the individual members right to take charge of his/her own affairs and use his own money as he sees fit.
As I said in an earlier post every member should be asked if he wants his money returned, or whether he would prefer to donate it.
A survey is just a bull.... way of pressing those who want their money back to acquiesce to the view of the majority, who will not.
Poor effort by Ben.

Not sure you could ring or have 100k+ ring the punt rd office either.
A poll/average is a good way to start.
At least with the survey they will get a trace of what people are feeling and then they can do something.

*I feel for the people that have made huge upgrades on their memberships and forked out a heap for them.
Like i have said a million times this virus has back doored us bad.
Why didn't this happen in 1989 or 1990 or 2010 or 2011

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I've found an issue with my account, it is using an old email address (one I can't access) which was tied to an old Ticketmaster account. It is an address I can't change because, well, because there is an account with my new email address (an account I use). So, I log in with my new email address, try and correct the email address and it won't let me.

Bloody technology, about as reliable as a dead horse.

I contacted the club, if that doesn't work I'll contact Ticketmaster.

This might explain why I haven't got the survey, or maybe not since I have never used the old email address with my club membership.

DS

All I know is that I normally receive multiple emails - including surveys - from the Club to different email addresses (as I pay for a bunch of memberships) but none of them have received this latest survey

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
All I know is that I normally receive multiple emails - including surveys - from the Club to different email addresses (as I pay for a bunch of memberships) but none of them have received this latest survey

The survey is for members over 25 year's

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We have both ie over 25 years of age and 25 years membership!
No surveys though

I got the email last week.
Straight up questions about the reasons why i buy a membership.
And i think besides one question, that referred to getting a refund.
Im with many that say a 'normal' based membership shouldn't be refunded but if you have extras like reserved seating or B&F's or functions that you have paid for, you should be able to ask for a refund.
Some of our memberships prices over the last 3 years have increased and people should have the right to a refund.
This survey isnt a delay tactic its just to get a feel what the majority think.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I got the email last week.
Straight up questions about the reasons why i buy a membership.
And i think besides one question, that referred to getting a refund.
Im with many that say a 'normal' based membership shouldn't be refunded but if you have extras like reserved seating or B&F's or functions that you have paid for, you should be able to ask for a refund.
Some of our memberships prices over the last 3 years have increased and people should have the right to a refund.
This survey isnt a delay tactic its just to get a feel what the majority think.
Who cares what the majority think? The majority view ought never be allowed to interfere with the individual members right to recover a payment made in good faith for a service which now can not and will not be provided.
There are many who are under a terrific financial strain who can no longer afford to make a financial commitment to football clubs and similar. Responsibilities to family, others and self require a review of priorities and football clubs have no right to put themselves in the way of that.
The RFC and others have quite rightly sought to protect their future(s) by standing down staff, they can’t now afford to employ.
For exactly the same reason they should be offering full fee reimbursements to members now.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users