Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

Are people concerned going into the season with what appears to be a lot of players going down over the past 4-6 weeks? Or are we happy that the majority got enough of their training loads in?

I’m a bit concerned over the possibilty of another slow start. The first 6 games are tricky.
All depends on how we perform against Melb this week. Got a feeling a bubble's gonna burst.....first melt of the year.

Are people concerned going into the season with what appears to be a lot of players going down over the past 4-6 weeks?

I am, lots of critical preparation missed and going to be a lot of catching up done and players playing at sub-optimal conditioning levels, which in turn increases the risk of further injury.

It can turn around if we get a nice run and some continuity but right now you'd have to say we are behind the eight ball for this point in the season.

The only two I'd be happy to hold back are Lynch and Graham. They guys that were in rehab for 2-4 weeks this side of christmas I'm not concerned about, that happens all the time at all clubs and I'm confident their training loads are sufficient. Prestia looked really fit and strong, Im sure Broad will be fine and Sonsie may need a couple more weeks of strong training to be cherry ripe. Lynch and Graham sound like theyre close and have done a ton of running but like i mentioned above, I wouldnt be against extending their preseason by a few weeks to ensure theyre bodies are good to go

Are people concerned going into the season with what appears to be a lot of players going down over the past 4-6 weeks? Or are we happy that the majority got enough of their training loads in?

I’m a bit concerned over the possibilty of another slow start. The first 6 games are tricky.
que sera sera with 3 recent flags
annoying though
it's really if all the injuries hit 1 part of the ground like we seemed to cop last year - feel we have depth everywhere except tall forward

It has certainly been the most players I have seen rotating through rehab in a pre-season under my watch☹, actually rotating is a tad kind several were long termers.
Depth may cover but defense starting to look shaky going into round 1.

Reactions: 1 user
It has certainly been the most players I have seen rotating through rehab in a pre-season under my watch☹, actually rotating is a tad kind several were long termers.
Depth may cover but defense starting to look shaky going into round 1.
Who didn't train fully today, Caesar?

I were not there, other duties.
What!? Should we be sending old mate Brutus along to have a quiet word caesar??? Simply not good enough when we're all starting to froth in anticipation of seasons start.

Reactions: 1 user
I have been checking other club’s lists/teams for the practice matches and I am not sure we are worse off than most. Would be interested in other perceptions of that.
There are a lot of players missing from most clubs from what I see. Maybe it is because we concentrate more on our own team?
I may be wrong but there are a lot of players around the AFL being managed looking towards round 1

Reactions: 3 users
I have been checking other club’s lists/teams for the practice matches and I am not sure we are worse off than most. Would be interested in other perceptions of that.
There are a lot of players missing from most clubs from what I see. Maybe it is because we concentrate more on our own team?
I may be wrong but there are a lot of players around the AFL being managed looking towards round 1
All things considered, we’ve got a reasonably healthy list for round 1.
Lynch and Graham injuries were carried over from last season.
Sonsie a minor niggle probably due to playing catch up after his cut foot. Hip flexors are tricky.
Gibcus the most disappointing. Meahen said he did it whilst lunging at an awkward angle and that most players would have subsequently suffered the same injury. Said that due to having the operation, will suffer no long term effects.
Whilst Pickett and Ross injuries are disappointing at this stage of the preseason, they’ve completed everything and will be cherry ripe to go once they recovered from their short term set backs..
Broad and Baker minor interruptions of 2 weeks will not affect their season in any shape or form.
Think we’re in good shape but understand everyone’s nervous considering our run last year. Meagan also argued that Covid interruptions could/should have been handled differently as they threw players back in at full tilt rather than easing them back in

Reactions: 3 users
All things considered, we’ve got a reasonably healthy list for round 1.
Lynch and Graham injuries were carried over from last season.
Sonsie a minor niggle probably due to playing catch up after his cut foot. Hip flexors are tricky.
Gibcus the most disappointing. Meahen said he did it whilst lunging at an awkward angle and that most players would have subsequently suffered the same injury. Said that due to having the operation, will suffer no long term effects.
Whilst Pickett and Ross injuries are disappointing at this stage of the preseason, they’ve completed everything and will be cherry ripe to go once they recovered from their short term set backs..
Broad and Baker minor interruptions of 2 weeks will not affect their season in any shape or form.
Think we’re in good shape but understand everyone’s nervous considering our run last year. Meagan also argued that Covid interruptions could/should have been handled differently as they threw players back in at full tilt rather than easing them back in
@Dont Argue good to see that Meahan, (on Gibcus), has confirmed to you in late Feb what Dr Caesar reported below on Jan 16 ;)

The injury occurred in front of me, Josh was running and bending down to pick up the ball, he fumbled and stumbled twice in quick succession or stumbled and fumbled and was already falling to the ground when he saw an approaching Soldo and then made another awkward movement to avoid making contact with him. I don't know if the injury caused the stumble or the stumble caused the injury, but I believe it was the 3rd ungainly movement when he was already falling horizontal to the ground that he grabbed the string in great pain and immediately raised his arm for assistance and did not get up or leave the ground under his own steam.

It was such an unnatural movement for sure.

I was worried right away, I called bad high hamstring, (but i were fearing off the bone), thankfully they haven't called it that but not good all the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
@Dont Argue good to see that Meahan, (on Gibcus), has confirmed to you in late Feb what Dr Caesar reported below on Jan 21 ;)

The injury occurred in front of me, Josh was running and bending down to pick up the ball, he fumbled and stumbled twice in quick succession or stumbled and fumbled and was already falling to the ground when he saw an approaching Soldo and then made another awkward movement to avoid making contact with him. I don't know if the injury caused the stumble or the stumble caused the injury, but I believe it was the 3rd ungainly movement when he was already falling horizontal to the ground that he grabbed the string in great pain and immediately raised his arm for assistance and did not get up or leave the ground under his own steam.

I was worried right away, I called bad high hamstring, (but i were fearing off the bone), thankfully they haven't called it that but not good all the same.
Thanks Dr Caesar.
I only dare post information these days that I’ve researched and fact checked against your personal observations.
I can also confirm to others that your medical qualifications are genuine and supported by your diploma in advanced taxidermy.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
@Dont Argue good to see that Meahan, (on Gibcus), has confirmed to you in late Feb what Dr Caesar reported below on Jan 16 ;)

That's why we pay you the big sheckels caesar. None of this other duties excuses in future, we need the goss early and precise at all times.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

That's $400 an hour stuff being posted on here for free folks.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users