Injury Report - Season 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injury Report - Season 2023

There’s a rumour going around on social media that gastro had swept through the club. May explain some lethargic performances and some missing personnel like Biggie and Brown

Reactions: 1 user
It is starting to look like the pre season has gone horribly wrong. The poor practice match showings are one thing but with the amount of soft tissue injuries it is starting to look like something has gone wrong with the training program.

So unavailable or at risk of missing round 1:

- Prestia
- Tarrant
- Short
- Graham
- Gibcus
- Ross

That's 6 of our best 23.

Plus Lynch very under done. I wonder if they will play him in the VFL practice match this week?

There’s a rumour going around on social media that gastro had swept through the club. May explain some lethargic performances and some missing personnel like Biggie and Brown
does gastro cause soft tissue injuries

- Prestia
- Tarrant
- Short
- Graham
- Gibcus
- Ross

That's 6 of our best 23.

Plus Lynch very under done. I wonder if they will play him in the VFL practice match this week?
And pickett

I saw that as well. The *smile* has hit the fan!

• Haha
Good news regarding Prestia, was expecting worse given his track record with injury luck. Concerning about Short, another soft tissue injury, I think it’s fair to suggest we may have a problem Houston. Players who don’t have a history of soft tissue injuries are getting them

- Prestia
- Tarrant
- Short
- Graham
- Gibcus
- Ross

That's 6 of our best 23.

Good that Taranto and Hopper can cover for the loss of Prestia & Graham. I think Miller is going to have to play down back. Anyone know what position he played in the VFL on Sunday?

Put a line through Shorty for round one, calf strains are hell for us mere mortals let alone AFL footballers.

Prestige just bad luck, hehe autocorrect got it wrong but it kinda suits Dion.

I heard Mitchell on SEN say that their boys now have 4 days off, is that the same for all clubs under the Player Bargaining agreement given the weeks break before round 1.
There was no training for our boys today but I did see Brown doing some running on his own.

Reactions: 1 users
My round 1 team, assuming Prestia and Short miss:

B: Grimes Miller Vlastuin
HB: D Rioli Balta Broad
C: Clarke Cotchin McIntosh
HF: Martin Lynch Bolton
F: M Rioli Riewoldt Baker
R: Nankervis Taranto Hopper
I/C: Cumberland Dow Ralphsmith Sonsie
Sub: Mansell

It's looking a bit weak.

My round 1 team, assuming Prestia and Short miss:

B: Grimes Miller Vlastuin
HB: D Rioli Balta Broad
C: Clarke Cotchin McIntosh
HF: Martin Lynch Bolton
F: M Rioli Riewoldt Baker
R: Nankervis Taranto Hopper
I/C: Cumberland Dow Ralphsmith Sonsie
Sub: Mansell

It's looking a bit weak.
Looks good for a Nank/Miller ruck. I reckon they'll risk Prestia again.

Crikey, we are even getting injuries to players who aren’t even on the list - what a pre season catastrophy is unfolding at punt road.

According to the Age just now ………….

“Prestia, fellow midfielder-forward Jayden Hunt (calf) and veteran forward Jack Riewoldt (finger) had scans on Monday”.

“Hunt said his scans were only precautionary, and he expected to be fit to face the Blues, while Riewoldt said he and his fellow statesmen would be ready for the season-opener.”

:unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Sure has. Is it back luck or poor management? The amount of soft tissue injuries would suggest the latter.

I'm in the luck camp until it becomes more of a sustained trend.

I heard Mitchell on SEN say that their boys now have 4 days off, is that the same for all clubs under the Player Bargaining agreement given the weeks break before round 1.
There was no training for our boys today but I did see Brown doing some running on his own.

You are meant to give them two four day breaks between resuming in January and the pre-season games. They must have negotiated with the players to change it.

I'm in the luck camp until it becomes more of a sustained trend.

You are meant to give them two four day breaks between resuming in January and the pre-season games. They must have negotiated with the players to change it.
At what point does it become a trend?
I would have thought we have already established a trend?

Everyone's panicked crap makes me sick get a grip ffs ,44 players 6 to 8 with concerns pretty normal when u are training hard and playing.
When I hear this crap, I don't read the forum for days.

Reactions: 4 users